I really appreciate this feature on my Passport and wondering about that on K1.
    Please kindly post a link to the relevant thread if this question had been answered.

Posted from my  Passport
    05-02-17 07:02 AM
    Good question! Just plugged the K1 into my PC via the supplied USB C to A cable and transferred over an album, flac (compression level 5 I think). When transferring over a pop-up on my PC asked 'Do you want to convert XXXX.flac before it’s copied to your device?' I selected 'No, just copy. Your file will be copied, but might not play on your device.' After disconnecting the K1, went into the Play Music app and the album is there.

I also tried the option 'Yes, convert and copy (recommended).' This converted the file to a WMA file. However, this file was not to be found on the app.

FLAC - yes
    WMA- No.
    05-02-17 08:28 AM
    I really appreciate this feature on my Passport and wondering about that on K1.
    Please kindly post a link to the relevant thread if this question had been answered.

If you go on their website under specs you'll see all of the formats it supports and I do remember seeing at lease flac in there which is the lossless format I use. If no one else here has already done so, I'll try to go and copy/paste it for you...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    05-02-17 09:18 AM
    ...I also tried the option 'Yes, convert and copy (recommended).' This converted the file to a WMA file. However, this file was not to be found on the app.

FLAC - yes
    WMA- No.
    The KEYone's default music player probably can't recognize/play .wma files.
    I suggest you switch to PowerAmp or Rocket Player.
    05-02-17 09:23 AM
    This is both audio and video:

3GP, 3G2, AAC, AVI, ADTS, ASF, AWB, FLAC, IMY, MID, MKV, MOV, MP3, MPEG-4, MXMF, OGG, OTA, RTTTL, RTX, WAV, WEBM, XMF

I know at least flac and wav are lossles, not sure about the rest.

My wife's Moto G 3rd Gen is super finicky when it came to movie formats. My BB10 devices seem to always play whatever it is I dragged into it, but with hers, I rendered a video she wanted on her phone that we shot with a camera, in like 4 different formats before I found one that would play (mp4). How annoying...

bold007 likes this.
    05-02-17 09:23 AM
    If you go on their website under specs you'll see all of the formats it supports and I do remember seeing at lease flac in there which is the lossless format I use. If no one else here has already done so, I'll try to go and copy/paste it for you...

Yep, just did and FLAC is supported.
    Been to that site a few time and I should've checked the specs.
    Thanks mate.

05-02-17 09:29 AM

3GP, 3G2, AAC, AVI, ADTS, ASF, AWB, FLAC, IMY, MID, MKV, MOV, MP3, MPEG-4, MXMF, OGG, OTA, RTTTL, RTX, WAV, WEBM, XMF

My wife's Moto G 3rd Gen is super finicky when it came to movie formats. My BB10 devices seem to always play whatever it is I dragged into it, but with hers, I rendered a video she wanted on her phone that we shot with a camera, in like 4 different formats before I found one that would play (mp4). How annoying...

Try installing VLC player in your wife's Moto G. Never failed to play (so far, fingers crossed) any video format I've tried on it.
    05-02-17 09:30 AM
    To add to what has already been shared in response to OP...

Be aware of hardware & software decoding.

The handset specs indicate the hardware support (mainly) for decoding (& playing) various media.

(Some) OEM apps & (most) third party apps, allow for additional software decoding (& playing) of various media (audio/image/video/etc).

An app will often allow for you to specify in settings, if media is to be decoded (& played) using the hardware decoder in the handset (part of the chipset) or software decoder provided in an app.

Hope this helps.
    05-02-17 09:34 AM

Haha,
    You were doing this when I was looking up that site. Great help mate.

05-02-17 09:40 AM
    To add to what has already been shared in response to OP...

Be aware of hardware & software decoding.

The handset specs indicate the hardware support (mainly) for decoding (& playing) various media.

(Some) OEM apps & (most) third party apps, allow for additional software decoding (& playing) of various media (audio/image/video/etc).

An app will often allow for you to specify in settings, if media is to be decoded (& played) using the hardware decoder in the handset (part of the chipset) or software decoder provided in an app.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks.
    I am aware of this, but prefer it available out of the box in true Blackberry way. Otherwise, Black Player would be the choice.

05-02-17 09:44 AM
    Try installing VLC player in your wife's Moto G. Never failed to play (so far, fingers crossed) any video format I've tried on it.
    Ah that's right. Good idea, didn't think about that.
    05-02-17 09:48 AM
    FLAC files have been officially supported by Android handsets for quite a long while; I use them regularly on my DTEK60 (and the Priv before that, and on and on.)

So the answer is "yes", provided the format is FLAC.
    05-02-17 09:51 AM