When you backup BB data (photos, texts, etc.) using Link, it's easy to "restore" them to a new BB.

Since the KeyONE is Android and Link no longer works, is it possible to transfer my texts and photos to a new KeyONE? This would apply to music, too, except that I don't have any music on my BB. (NOTE: Emails and contacts are a different matter, and that issue is discussed in other threads, which I have read.)

All of the photos on my phone are saved on my computer in a folder specific to that phone, so... do I connect the KeyONE to my computer and somehow (how?) move the photos over?

What about hundreds of text messages? Has Link also saved those on my computer such that they can be extracted from the backup file and moved to my new KeyONE?

I haven't actually bought the KeyONE yet... still quite happy with my Classic, but anticipating the demise of OS10 someday soon.
    09-17-17 03:08 PM
    When you backup BB data (photos, texts, etc.) using Link, it's easy to "restore" them to a new BB.

Since the KeyONE is Android and Link no longer works, is it possible to transfer my texts and photos to a new KeyONE? This would apply to music, too, except that I don't have any music on my BB. (NOTE: Emails and contacts are a different matter, and that issue is discussed in other threads, which I have read.)

All of the photos on my phone are saved on my computer in a folder specific to that phone, so... do I connect the KeyONE to my computer and somehow (how?) move the photos over?

What about hundreds of text messages? Has Link also saved those on my computer such that they can be extracted from the backup file and moved to my new KeyONE?

I haven't actually bought the KeyONE yet... still quite happy with my Classic, but anticipating the demise of OS10 someday soon.
    Like you, I have always manually copied my photos from whatever phone to my computer. So, yes, you can copy from the Classic to the computer and then to a folder on the KeyOne. New images can be saved internally or to an sd card (setup in the camera app). But you can also create your own folder arrangement.

There is a Content Transfer App that can copy up to, I think, 3,500 text messages. If you have more there are 3rd party apps that can do that.

And similarly, you can add music, docs, pdf and plain text files to the KeyOne - either internal memory or an sd-card.
    09-17-17 03:40 PM
    Thanks.
    09-19-17 03:00 PM