Why don't you just flag your emails in the HUB with a swipe gesture, and set pinch to show flagged?
    It's not the same functionality at all. Transferring task management from the email inbox to a proper task inventory is an essential component of many productivity systems, including Franklin Covey, Getting Things Done, Inbox Zero, etc.

More importantly, the BB10 implementation of Flagged Email-Task Integration follows the MS Exchange specification and fully syncs with Exchange server. That means emails flagged in the BB10 Hub appear as flagged emails in Outlook tasks, and emails flagged in Outlook appear in the Remember app as tasks. True two-way sync allows for global task management in both applications.

This is another example of how a carefully thought out, sophisticated PIM system in BB10 was only weakly imitated on Android. IMO, the Android Hub is still only a poor man's version of the BB10 one.

My guess is that the Android Hub requirements team were attempting to copy the functionality they saw in BB10 but did not actually refer to the BB10 Remember app requirements documentation.

Perhaps they'd like to add this functionality, so I'll post this in the appropriate forum just in case.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 02-02-20 at 07:06 AM.
    02-02-20 05:17 AM
    Those that say 'they are there it's just split across tasks and notes now' perhaps missed what was (at least in my opinion) the most powerful single feature of the Remember app in BB10. In the BB10 hub if you flagged an email and then went in to the Remember app it showed up in the Flagged Emails list. You then selected those items and it had the email come up. In terms of productivity I found it pretty life-changing. You cull your inbox in the morning, flag what you need done, then jump in to the Flagged Emails list and there's your to-do list. I can't seem to find that functionality in Tasks or Notes. or anywhere else for that matter. I would be delighted to be proven wrong and be shown where this functionality is hiding. Or another app that does it but really the fact it was all integrated made a very big difference.
    You're 100% correct, and, if using Outlook.com, Office 365 or a local MS Exchange server, the BB10 Remember app syncs with the Outlook app so your email-based tasks are equally manageable on Mobile or desktop. Nonesuch functionality exists in the Android Tasks app.

I posted on this missing feature in the Hub+ Suite forum. Please feel free to post there if you'd like BlackBerry to consider adding it in a future update.

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 02-02-20 at 07:03 AM.
    02-02-20 05:19 AM
    It's not the same functionality at all. Transferring task management from the email inbox to a proper task inventory is an essential component of many productivity systems, including Franklin Covey, Getting Things Done, Inbox Zero, etc.

More importantly, the BB10 implementation of Flagged Email-Task Integration follows the MS Exchange specification and fully syncs with Exchange server. That means emails flagged in the BB10 Hub appear as flagged emails in Outlook tasks, and emails flagged in Outlook appear in the Remember app as tasks. True two-way sync allows for global task management in both applications.

This is another example of how a carefully thought out, sophisticated PIM system in BB10 was only weakly imitated on Android. IMO, the Android Hub is still only a poor man's version of the BB10 one.

My guess is that the Android Hub requirements team were attempting to copy the functionality they saw in BB10 but did not actually refer to the BB10 Remember app requirements documentation.

Perhaps they'd like to add this functionality, so I'll post this in the appropriate forum just in case.

Flagged emails on KEY² are synced perfectly with gmail starred email.

I don't need another app to handle any of it.
    02-02-20 09:10 AM
    Flagged emails on KEY² are synced perfectly with gmail starred email.

I don't need another app to handle any of it.
    That's great for Gmail users, especially since Google has never managed to create a decent task manager!

But those of us who have been enjoying automated task creation for flagged emails in Outlook for more than a decade have lost a pretty significant function that works perfectly in BB10. Getting to do items out of the Inbox and into a task management system is recommended by almost every productivity expert. The Inbox is a very primitive task manager. For example, if you delegate a task by forwarding the email, where can you track that in the inbox?

02-02-20 12:21 PM
    pinch to show flagged items...that's a really good idea! easy to overlook the simple sometimes.
    03-10-20 06:44 AM
    That's great for Gmail users, especially since Google has never managed to create a decent task manager!

But those of us who have been enjoying automated task creation for flagged emails in Outlook for more than a decade have lost a pretty significant function that works perfectly in BB10. Getting to do items out of the Inbox and into a task management system is recommended by almost every productivity expert. The Inbox is a very primitive task manager. For example, if you delegate a task by forwarding the email, where can you track that in the inbox?

How so? I can flag them in Outlook, OWA, or the Hub and have them appear in Tasks or MS ToDo. I personally prefer the later. They also appear just fine in OWA and Outlook as tasks. Multiple ways to access them. MS ToDo has a MyDay function that makes planning even better.
    Grungni likes this.
    03-21-20 02:17 PM
    How so? I can flag them in Outlook, OWA, or the Hub and have them appear in Tasks or MS ToDo. I personally prefer the later. They also appear just fine in OWA and Outlook as tasks. Multiple ways to access them. MS ToDo has a MyDay function that makes planning even better.
    ToDo is pretty tough to beat for task management... In fact MS software is unbeatable for business imo... They seem to have pulled their socks up finally in this department as it appears like this area of their business is all they have left to generate revenue having abandoned every other sector to Google and Apple... MS used to be innovators, sadly no more...
    03-21-20 03:54 PM
    ToDo is pretty tough to beat for task management... In fact MS software is unbeatable for business imo... They seem to have pulled their socks up finally in this department as it appears like this area of their business is all they have left to generate revenue having abandoned every other sector to Google and Apple... MS used to be innovators, sadly no more...
    Microsoft is doing great with its new interoperability-focused business model, and it's still innovating in those parts of the business that are growing, such as developer tools, security and cloud services.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-21-20 04:05 PM
33 12