I've plugged in the microphone into where the headset audio usually goes but nothing comes up. I tried downloading a recorder app but that didn't do anything either....unless I'm doing something wrong?
    05-08-18 11:01 AM
    I've plugged in the microphone into where the headset audio usually goes but nothing comes up. I tried downloading a recorder app but that didn't do anything either....unless I'm doing something wrong?
    The on-board mic is not sufficient?

I guess you'd have to check the connector rings for the jack and make sure they correspond with the input connectors on the KeyOne. I don't know if the connectors are documented anywhere or if they are standard configuration.

Oh, and welcome to Crackberry.
    05-08-18 11:50 AM
    Thanks! The reason why I'm trying to get a better mic system is that I'm using a cell tripod to record something and so I won't be right at the on-board mic and so I want to get rid of that mini echo.
    05-08-18 06:02 PM
    I've also tried a lapel mic on my Passport, for voice-over recordings of my YouTube videos - and it doesn't work there either.

So I am now keeping it in my shirt pocket, upside down, and recording. Works fine with nearly zero hiss.

My guess is, the on-board 3.5mm port is only an output jack. It doesn't take inputs.
    05-08-18 07:43 PM