Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 08:50 AM
    Wish a mod would fix this post, seems like the entire question was put in the subject line....

Anyhoo, there is no release date yet.
    01-10-16 08:51 AM
    We are all still wating.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 04:26 PM
    No one knows.
    No one will know until the device is revealed / officially announced.
    And knowing Blackberry, even Blackberry themselves wont know! :P

I'd love a UK release date as much as the next person but no one on these forums are going to know until it is confirmed by Blackberry themselves.

I can't see it until at least the second half of the year, just because I read they want to see how Priv performs first and it hasn't been out that long. Of course, that's just conjecture on my part.
    01-11-16 07:24 AM
    Still kinda odd to me that we could be 2-3 months away from a possible release and nobody has any information on this phone..no leaks..nada.

BlackBerry must be getting better at security

"A cow pie ain't something you bring to the county fair "
    01-11-16 08:49 AM
    Not to many people left at BlackBerry to leak anything except Chenny
    01-11-16 09:43 AM
    Dude, it's just a render. That's literally it.

Anyway, it will release in India on the 15th of Smarch, for eleventy billion rupees.
    01-11-16 09:46 AM

Anyway, it will release in India on the 15th of Smarch, for eleventy billion rupees.
    Too expensive. Won't sell.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-11-16 10:14 AM

Free is too expensive.
    01-11-16 10:16 AM
    Well, let's look at the best case scenario.

The Vienna could be announced in Feb. With a release in the US around July.

Worst Case, announced sometime in April, with a release in September. BlackBerry have 2 devices planned for 2016. So I'm hoping one gets released before August and the 2nd device in October, giving it plenty of time to make its way around the world.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    01-11-16 11:26 AM

Too cheap Wont sell Dont need another low spec cheapo .
    01-11-16 02:52 PM
    Well, let's look at the best case scenario.

The Vienna could be announced in Feb. With a release in the US around July.

Worst Case, announced sometime in April, with a release in September. BlackBerry have 2 devices planned for 2016. So I'm hoping one gets released before August and the 2nd device in October, giving it plenty of time to make its way around the world.

Can't see this happening. If they announce in Feb-March I'm hoping they release in May-June at the latest to give the phone time to sell, if the rumors are true about a second BlackBerry android device being released in 2016. Just my opinion.

01-12-16 10:37 AM
    Can't see this happening. If they announce in Feb-March I'm hoping they release in May-June at the latest to give the phone time to sell, if the rumors are true about a second BlackBerry android device being released in 2016. Just my opinion.

It's all opinions at the moment. Mine is also just a guess and could be completely wrong but it's how I feel it's going to unfold.

01-12-16 12:59 PM

No one will pay eleventy billion rupees for that kind of phone. Only iphone and Samsung gets that kind of price. BlackBerry can barely sell at ten billion rupees!
    01-12-16 04:28 PM
    Still kinda odd to me that we could be 2-3 months away from a possible release and nobody has any information on this phone..no leaks..nada.

BlackBerry must be getting better at security
    There probably won't be any leaks until BlackBerry makes a final commitment to manufacture it. The Priv is still being rolled out to carriers and I suspect Chen will wait until March to assess how Android sales are doing.
    01-12-16 05:41 PM
    No one will pay eleventy billion rupees for that kind of phone. Only iphone and Samsung gets that kind of price. BlackBerry can barely sell at ten billion rupees!
    I'd pay that but only if Vienna has BBOS7 and BIS....The company is forgetting the loyal users...
    djchrisluna likes this.
    01-12-16 05:55 PM
    BIS is dead, as carriers did not like anyway for regular customers given the extra cost associated with it from an infrastructure stand point. BBOS 7 had reached its point of being able to supporting new technologies, so BB10 was needed. I will say that Blackberry made a mistake when designing blackberry 10 without any input from the BBOS team, as that is the main reason features that BBOS had was not initially in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 09:00 AM
    BIS is dead, as carriers did not like anyway for regular customers given the extra cost associated with it from an infrastructure stand point. BBOS 7 had reached its point of being able to supporting new technologies, so BB10 was needed. I will say that Blackberry made a mistake when designing blackberry 10 without any input from the BBOS team, as that is the main reason features that BBOS had was not initially in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I was making fun of the diehards. However, the loss of BIS revenue has made BB10 worthless. Should have stuck with BBOS7 for enterprise and gone to Android for consumer at time. BB10 was a complete waste of time and money.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 12:00 PM
    BIS is dead, as carriers did not like anyway for regular customers given the extra cost associated with it from an infrastructure stand point. BBOS 7 had reached its point of being able to supporting new technologies, so BB10 was needed. .

Posted via CB10
    Just FYI, BIS is still very strong in various parts around Africa. There are still millions of OS 7 devices still on BIS. So that's around $4 per user coming in, every month.

01-13-16 01:23 PM
    Blackberry or any other company, can create the greatest phone in the world, that runs all the apps in the world. But it still wouldn't sell without a marketing campaign that makes people want the phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 02:40 PM
    Blackberry or any other company, can create the greatest phone in the world, that runs all the apps in the world. But it still wouldn't sell without a marketing campaign that makes people want the phone.

Posted via CB10
    And if they had created the greatest phone with all the apps, the marketing campaign would make sense. However, the phone they created is quite the opposite, therefore, what exactly would they market, that wouldn't be just a complete waste of resources of their very limited capital?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-16 03:42 PM
    My guess it'll be around September - October 2016. There should be some cool features like WiFi calling and possibly RCS if BB is following the carrier's roadmap. Those should take some time to develop though.
    01-14-16 06:20 PM
    Don't even think about BlackBerry officially announcing a date. The Priv needs to be rolled out all over the world. They have not anticipated the demand and obviously, they are not able to turn over new devices to put in markets all over the world. The way they are going the roll out in major markets will go into Mar-Apr 16 and then they need to give buyers atleast 2-3 months to absorb all the stock. Remember the Priv is already "OLD" in terms of specs and phones like Lenovo vibe P1, K4 note are selling at 30% of Priv prices with bigger screens, finger print sensors, ect etc. Tons of more specs than the Priv. So, BlackBerry's new device has to be decked up to stand a chance with the likes of the Vibes and the notes. Remember both competitors mentioned here come with batteries much larger than that of the Priv.
    I'd say, Aug/Sep for a good, top of the line spec phone to stand a chance against the mighty Lenovos and YUS who will decimate BlackBerry on the price front alone, forget the specs.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 09:39 PM
    Also to be remembered is that the android market is a very price sensitive market. There are players like Microma x who have given shivers to big names like Samsung in terms of number units sold. BlackBerry probably needs to redrawing the entire design/spec sheet of this new phone they plan to launch. Else they will loose out. Also that BlackBerry should plan not one, but atleast 3 device launches before the end of 2016 other than the Priv, as Priv is still not launched in most of its major markets yet. Else the handset business will not make sense to BlackBerry. Only 2 things that are positive for BlackBerry in a buyers mind are Privacy and the physical keyboard. I can forego a keyboard if I'm given a better spec phone for 20-30% of the price of the Priv. Privacy is subjective.
    Think about it:
    K4 note for ₹11999, 3gb,3300mah,FP sensor, 5.5" screen
    Vibe P1 for ₹15999, 2gb,5000mah,FP sensor, 5.5 screen
    Priv for ₹60,000 3gb, 3300mah, 5.3' screen (predicted on basis of US price + exchange rate + import taxes in India)

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 10:16 PM
    Breaking news:
    Priv officially launched in India
    MSRP: ₹63,000/-

Prices of Iphone on Amazon India:
    Iphone6s: 16gb: ₹46,500/-
    Iphone6S:64gb: ₹59,775/-
    Plus: 64gb: ₹71,900/-
    Plus: 16bg: ₹64,600/-

What are BlackBerry trying to proove?

Posted via CB10