Has there been any updates for the camera? Or if not, are there apps that take better photos than the stock camera?

I find my photos (even when focused) are woeful compared to others with iPhones, let alone Samsung.

Especially indoor photos.
    12-05-19 08:55 PM
    Has there been any updates for the camera? Or if not, are there apps that take better photos than the stock camera?

I find my photos (even when focused) are woeful compared to others with iPhones, let alone Samsung.

There hasn't been an update in eons, and other camera apps won't do any better.
    12-05-19 08:57 PM

One's experience will entirely depend on which models you are comparing too. My Black Edition Blackberry KeyOne takes as good of photos as my S9 in ALL conditions but indoor/low light. Now that my S9 has been updated with Night Mode it performs even better as it naturally should. Realistically I don't take that many dark low light shots so not really an issue for me personally.

A good camera app you might try that I put on my DTEK50 is "Open Camera" it has definitely improved shots with that device. I have never felt a need for anything additional on my KeyOne.

If the camera and not the PKB is your #1 need for your smartphone and you can afford a new device I would recommend a Pixel 3a or 3aXL. The 3a at 299 right now in US is a great value. (it will probably get even cheaper when the 4a drops in 4-5 months)
    12-06-19 10:07 AM
    I use this:

zooms more
    has many features (I don't use)
    has voice activated shutter (I use frequently)

https://aapks.com/download.php?dl=42246891

the 1.1.3 version used to be on PlayStore... the 1.1.5 version is not.

**I am not involved in any way with this app except as an end user
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 12-06-19 at 12:19 PM.
    12-06-19 11:00 AM

Personally, would have been ecstatic if the KEYone's rear shooter had made its way to my Motion as it's the best BB camera I have used to-date. And this is coming from someone who owns more recent flagships from the likes of Huawei, Google, and more recently, LG. Sure as the sun goes down it'll struggle requiring more effort (adjustments, keeping still) which I don't find surprising. So IMO the KEYone's camera is capable enough if one keeps their expectation in check.

So what iPhone's are you comparing too, 8 and up, older? Maybe your KEYone has some sort of hardware issue going on?
    12-06-19 09:00 PM
    Personally, would have been ecstatic if the KEYone's rear shooter had made its way to my Motion as it's the best BB camera I have used to-date. And this is coming from someone who owns more recent flagships from the likes of Huawei, Google, and more recently, LG. Sure as the sun goes down it'll struggle requiring more effort (adjustments, keeping still) which I don't find surprising. So IMO the KEYone's camera is capable enough if one keeps their expectation in check.

So what iPhone's are you comparing too, 8 and up, older? Maybe your KEYone has some sort of hardware issue going on?
    Friends who have their other phones such as iphones, Samsung's, etc have often been impressed with my KEYone (Silver) photos and even asked me to be the one to "take the pictures" because I have such a good camera on my phone. It is worth practice. There are settings for low-light in manual mode. Part of it is learning the camera. I think I like the KEYone camera better than the KEY2 for some things. In other settings the KEY2 does better. That isn't scientific, just my experience.
    Elky64 likes this.
    12-06-19 09:38 PM
    Friends who have their other phones such as iphones, Samsung's, etc have often been impressed with my KEYone (Silver) photos and even asked me to be the one to "take the pictures" because I have such a good camera on my phone. It is worth practice. There are settings for low-light in manual mode. Part of it is learning the camera. I think I like the KEYone camera better than the KEY2 for some things. In other settings the KEY2 does better. That isn't scientific, just my experience.
    Yeah if one delves into manual mode (if an option) it can really add to a cameras capabilities smartphones or not. Bought the KEYone earlier this year cuz it always intrigued and I was curious if camera actually stacked up to the praise some had given it. I'd say it does, more impressive is that we are talking BlackBerry here LOL.

And that's one reason the KEY2 fell from my radar rather quickly. Felt its camera(s) weren't the upgrade they should have been for the times, and price.
    Last edited by Elky64; 12-06-19 at 10:28 PM.
    12-06-19 10:17 PM