Hello guys, has anyone experienced this on K1 silver, when you open Camera app it's showing "Camera Unavailable"

I have "fixed" this problem by doing factory reset 3 times in a row ( 2 attempts didn't worked), is this some software issue or camera module is toasted?

After screen lift, logo "bullets" on back separating now this with camera lol
    05-18-18 12:06 PM
    Hello guys, has anyone experienced this on K1 silver, when you open Camera app it's showing "Camera Unavailable"

I have "fixed" this problem by doing factory reset 3 times in a row ( 2 attempts didn't worked), is this some software issue or camera module is toasted?

After screen lift, logo "bullets" on back separating now this with camera lol
    It could be hardware or it could be some app that you've installed that is interfering with the camera app??

Boot to Safe Mode. Press the Power Button. Then press and HOLD on the "Power Off" prompt line of text. Accept Safe Mode. Test for a few days (or even hours) without adding any apps and see how things work. Safe Mode avoids loading unnecessary apps and modules so you can see if an app might be the problem.
    05-18-18 01:05 PM
    If you have done a Factory Reset three times, and it's still happening... it's time to call support (if your under warranty still).
    05-18-18 01:08 PM
    Yeah, 3 times, after 2 times didn't worked, now is ok, fully working ( we will see how long lol)

Why i say this it's because stoped working after i took picture, screen went white and after restart showed "camera unavailable"
    05-18-18 01:41 PM
    Maybe it will be fine now....
    05-18-18 01:45 PM
    It was ok few days then again problem, camera unavailable, and this time factory reset didn't helped...

so, i have opened phone (very easy to work on it) and deattached both cameras and cleaned connections and attached again, also secured connectors with tape.
    It's working again hah

This is ok phone but built quality is dull
    psychofox13 likes this.
    05-22-18 04:41 AM
    It was ok few days then again problem, camera unavailable, and this time factory reset didn't helped...

so, i have opened phone (very easy to work on it) and deattached both cameras and cleaned connections and attached again, also secured connectors with tape.
    It's working again hah

Look up TCL Communications... they are what they are, no matter the branding.
    05-30-18 10:06 AM

It's working again hah

It's good to know that cleaning and re-seating the connectors is a possible fix for this. Thanks for posting!
    05-30-18 10:27 AM
    Also check in app permissions what apps are using camera, i had same problem with my previous device Priv "camera unavailable" and it was that opera browser used Priv's camera and didn't allowed other apps to use it.

So far, this "fix" which i have done with cleaning and re-seating connector is working (:
    05-30-18 03:55 PM