For those of you lucky enough to have one in hand already, one simple question...... Does the KeyOne allow for RAW capture with the rear camera? Thanks in advance for a answer to this.
    05-18-17 04:39 PM
    Not from what I've heard from reviews.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-18-17 04:52 PM
    Not from what I've heard from reviews.
    Disappointing, but I thought that was the case. That would have been something even more appealing than the lack of OIS to me.

Not a deal breaker. Just disappointing.
    05-18-17 05:01 PM
    Disappointing, but I thought that was the case. That would have been something even more appealing than the lack of OIS to me.

Not a deal breaker. Just disappointing.
    That's software though. You can probably download a camera app that would record in RAW. Someone please confirm...
    05-18-17 05:44 PM
    That's software though. You can probably download a camera app that would record in RAW. Someone please confirm...
    Nope. If the manufacturer doesn't unlock and allow RAW capture, there is no go around.
    05-18-17 06:25 PM
    I just wanted to thank you for trying to help. I asked for it, and when I reread my reply it seems unappreciative.
    slagman5 likes this.
    05-18-17 09:21 PM
    I just wanted to thank you for trying to help. I asked for it, and when I reread my reply it seems unappreciative.
    It's alright. I didn't know it would be locked that way. JPEG is a compressed media format, so it has to be "processed" by the software to become a JPEG, so I thought that there could a software option that bypasses that compression/processing stage and save the original (RAW) file instead, but if they lock that ability then that sucks... I guess that's why real cameras will always be better than phone cameras, many more options and flexibility...
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    05-19-17 09:40 AM
    It's alright. I didn't know it would be locked that way. JPEG is a compressed media format, so it has to be "processed" by the software to become a JPEG, so I thought that there could a software option that bypasses that compression/processing stage and save the original (RAW) file instead, but if they lock that ability then that sucks... I guess that's why real cameras will always be better than phone cameras, many more options and flexibility...
    It's just like how they locked in many cases the FM radio from the SOC that existed on basically every 6XX and 8XX Qualcomm chip. The hardware was capable, but locked with no easy software go around.
    05-19-17 12:54 PM