I'm guessing they are cracking when the phone is layed down, who knows.

I had screen lift also, they replaced my device. The repair slip said "repaired" but the reason was "ESN swap". It's a new phone, sealed I'm retail box. So I have 2 chargers now which is cool.
    Nice bonus
    08-09-17 07:01 PM
    Thank you but unfortunately this won't ship to Canada
    08-09-17 09:16 PM
    Anyone have any luck getting it repaired? How long did it take? I just saw this thread, mine broke a week after I got the phone setting it down on my coffee table.
    08-15-17 08:54 PM
    Same thing happened to mine. I don't know if it was shattered out of the box, I didn't thoroughly inspect it when I bought it. I don't know how it could have happened, I treated it very gently.
    I've sent it to BlackBerry to see what they say. Sprint wouldn't fix or replace it even though I have insurance with them.
    It's been a very disappointing experience so far!
    08-19-17 04:46 PM
    Same thing happened to mine. I don't know if it was shattered out of the box, I didn't thoroughly inspect it when I bought it. I don't know how it could have happened, I treated it very gently.
    I've sent it to BlackBerry to see what they say. Sprint wouldn't fix or replace it even though I have insurance with them.
    It's been a very disappointing experience so far!
    What was Sprint reasoning for not replacing it?that sucks! I pray mine doesn't shatter.
    08-19-17 04:54 PM
    They didn't have the parts to repair it and I didn't want to pay the $200 deductible to replace it. They didn't even bother to check to see if it's recalled or faulty. They wouldn't call BlackBerry and told me to deal with and that I had to contact BlackBerry. What's the point of having insurance then?
    All the Sprints around me HATE BlackBerry and will not help with anything regarding a BB.
    I'm fed up!
    08-19-17 05:03 PM
    They didn't have the parts to repair it and I didn't want to pay the $200 deductible to replace it. They didn't even bother to check to see if it's recalled or faulty. They wouldn't call BlackBerry and told me to deal with and that I had to contact BlackBerry. What's the point of having insurance then?
    All the Sprints around me HATE BlackBerry and will not help with anything regarding a BB.
    I'm fed up!
    Have you contacting BBMobile on twitter? People seem to be having some success that way.
    08-19-17 05:38 PM
    Have you contacting BBMobile on twitter? People seem to be having some success that way.
    While others have not. If you read through that thread, BBMo recommends you follow the contact info posted here.
    08-20-17 09:47 PM
    Damn that's bad. KEYone seems to be plagued with issues. Must be very poor quality control at BB Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    All phones released have some individual bad cases. Unless we hear more about it I wouldn't say they're bad at their job.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 02:08 AM
    If you lay the phone naked on it's back, does the camera hit the surface or is it a few mm off?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 02:09 AM
    I got a new phone sent to me however it was not compatible with Sprint. Called back and got another phone sent to me immediately. They also gave me a free case. I am now happy and hopefully this phone won't break so easily. I've now got 4 cases and several screen protectors.
    08-29-17 12:21 PM
    Add another one to the list. I bought my KeyOne Black edition 2 weeks ago in The Netherlands. While travelling to a hot country the glass also shattered for no apparent reason.

I'm guessing that when exposed to heat the glass expends more (and/or faster) than the metal ring surrounding it. Since the metal prevents it from expanding the glass breaks under the pressure. This is simply very very bad improperly tested design and/or manufacturing inconsistencies. Both unacceptable. Especially since the manufacturer doesn't admit it's fault and this doesn't fall under warranty (even though legally it should). Very nasty.

I was really worried at first because the focus also seemed broken. It now seems to have fixed itself though. Perhaps some of the shattered glass that was still sitting there messed with the focus sensor/system.

The mechanical design of the glass seems a bit dumb to me. The sensitive glass sits at the same height as the metal protective ring of the camera. Even if the glass doesn't shatter spontaneously, it would shatter very easily at some point when bumping into things or dropping the camera. That's why every other (camera) lens ever made has the metal or plastic protective ring (or lens hood) sticking out the furthest, with the glass part of the lens further back. Obviously. Not sure how the mechanical engineers thought to get away with this (I'm an electrical engineer and it seems rather obvious to me that this is a crap design that is bound to break).
    Last edited by gsgdadgasg; 07-12-18 at 02:15 AM.
    03-13-18 04:34 AM
    Update: DIL (who handles warranty claims for Blackberry in the Benelux) does not replace the glass under warranty. They'll also charge you 35 EUR for you to get your phone back UNREPAIRED.

They charge > 90 EUR for the repair as they replace the entire back instead of just the glass camera lens cover. Ridiculous.

So if you're in the Benelux don't even bother and just repair it yourself.
    Last edited by gsgdadgasg; 07-12-18 at 02:11 AM.
    07-10-18 12:54 PM
    Update: DIL (who handles warranty claims for Blackberry in the EU) does not replace the glass under warranty. They'll also charge you 35 EUR for you to get your phone back UNREPAIRED.

They charge > 90 EUR for the repair as they replace the entire back instead of just the glass camera lens cover. Ridiculous.

So if you're in the Benelux don't even bother and just repair it yourself.
    Yeah I'd just buy the back cover since it comes with the camera lens too, pop out the broken one and pop in the new one, and voila
    07-11-18 08:44 AM
89 ... 234