07-11-18 09:44 AM
89 1234
tools
    I would agree. I sent mine back for a refund. Kept randomly rebooting.
    I've had my for about a month. A few days ago it randomly rebooted when I set it down on my desk. Hasn't happened any other time.
    06-14-17 06:14 PM
    Honestly I'm wondering how many of CBK's tests shattered the camera glass. We didn't see him checking that glass at all!
    06-14-17 08:39 PM
    Indeed. I think the only parts yet to be reported as broken are USB port (although that could've been an issue with the KEYone that didn't charge), audio jack, main speaker, and side buttons. Not much left. Counting-out goes on.
    I wonder what product forum you can go to where you won't find at least one post reporting every problem possible for that phone...
    06-14-17 10:39 PM
    I wonder what product forum you can go to where you won't find at least one post reporting every problem possible for that phone...
    There is one place. A BlackBerry forum, but its not here.
    06-14-17 10:43 PM
    Mine did this yesterday too
    How did it happen?
    06-14-17 11:57 PM
    How did it happen?
    I have no idea to be honest.
    Took the phone out my pocket when I got home from work and found it cracked.
    Don't recall walking into anything!
    06-15-17 02:50 AM
    Two instances of this freak occurrence is already too much... This is a difficult thing to occur without knocking the lens against something VERY hard on any other phone.

It is not easy to shatter that glass, which makes me think there's something up with the glass choice or they way it was put together in general.
    06-15-17 05:22 AM
    I've read this happening to other phones
    06-15-17 06:32 AM
    Across the device on how many units over how long though? This phone has barely been out and with fairly limited units due to known stock constraints.
    06-15-17 11:04 AM
    I am a little gutted to be honest. I love this device and am very protective over it.
    To put into perspective and for examples sake, I have never broken the screen on any phone I have owned, I usually keep each device for around 24 months.
    dalinxz likes this.
    06-15-17 12:26 PM
    That story is true. It has happened to me as well! I have never dropped the phone. I have a ticket as well. They have asked for a photo and my shipping address. Not sure where it goes from here.
    06-17-17 04:12 PM
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. No drops or mishandling. Called support and without any questions he sent me an email to have repair done.
    Last edited by bhvol; 07-10-17 at 02:47 PM. Reason: New info
    07-10-17 11:33 AM
    Same happend to me. I'm in the Netherlands.
    Camera glass broke without the phone falling or bumping.
    Had to send it back, already one week without the phone and now they've come up with a repair proposal for E108,90.....
    It seems the camera glass on the Blackeberry Keyone is not very reliable, and neither is the manufacturers service.
    07-14-17 02:29 PM
    Same happend to me. I'm in the Netherlands.
    Camera glass broke without the phone falling or bumping.
    Had to send it back, already one week without the phone and now they've come up with a repair proposal for E108,90.....
    It seems the camera glass on the Blackeberry Keyone is not very reliable, and neither is the manufacturers service.
    Has been happening a lot to the LG G6 also - probably a lot more than the K1 I would say.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 02:40 PM
    Probably only under warranty if the OP had the foresight to buy insurance. The small monthly fee is worth it when something damages your expensive smartphone.

The damage appears to have been caused by something pressing against the lens cover - keys perhaps in OP's pocket.
    It's called expansion and not having enough room to accommodate this expansion and contraction within the encasement, leads to the glass just cracking for what would seem like "no reason"

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 02:43 PM
    Also happened to one of my KeyOne's...but the small front camera lens. CPW initially wanted £170 to fix it, then I was told it would be £45 when I queried it with the CEO's office. I've since sent it directly to Blackberry for repair (changeable).
    07-14-17 03:40 PM
    Can confirm: if you didn't get a faulty unit the device is built like a WWII Panzer...
    Which one?, cause the panzer III wasn't that hard... XD

Posted via CB10
    07-14-17 04:10 PM
    Same here as well. Bought the Keyone in Switzerland and just recently saw that the camera glass is broken. Never dropped the phone and took very good care of it. Reported it under warrenty and have to send the unit now for repair. I read somewhere that this can happen when the phone is bering in hot weather or room conditions and then moved to cool condions quickly. For example you are outside and it's very hot and then you walk into an air-conditioned room. Well, very sad since i love the Keyone.
    08-02-17 09:16 AM
    Having the same issue here, lens cover now broken. Any option other than sending it away for repair?
    08-09-17 01:21 PM
    Having the same issue here, lens cover now broken. Any option other than sending it away for repair?
    https://www.amazon.com/Beracah-Glass...UvbUpU12985266
    08-09-17 05:10 PM
    I was just showing my keyone to a friend, and they noticed the glass over the camera had shattered. I have no idea when it happened, but I haven't dropped the device and I'm very careful with my electronics.

I removed all the pieces of glass. I'm going to protect it with tape for now. Pictures seem perfect still, but I need to get a new piece of glass in there soon.

I'm tempted to get a thin piece of polycarbonate made, and solve the problem forever.

Attachment 424567
    Polycarbonate scratches easily... not suitable for a "bumped" camera. You should look into saphir or something like that
    08-09-17 05:16 PM
    Polycarbonate scratches easily... not suitable for a "bumped" camera. You should look into saphir or something like that
    1. It would have been fine for a while, and far better than a naked camera. It may scratch over time, but it never would have shattered.

2. I don't think you can cut circular discs of sapphire at home, especially with a hobby CNC machine, but I'm just guessing there.

3. They sell replacements on amazon now, it's now a mute point to fabricate on your own.

4. Blackberry replaced my whole phone before I could address my camera glass myself, since my screen was starting to lift.
    08-09-17 05:31 PM
    You guys are scaring me now with all these defects. I haven't had a problem yet and I pray that I don't.
    08-09-17 07:37 PM
    They haven't got back to me, it's been a week. I will call tomorrow and get some answers.

I told them it wasn't broken when I bought it, but I did not drop the device. If they charge me, I'll probably decline the repair out of principal and fabricate my own clear lense cover out of polycarbonate with my CNC machine.

While I'm disappointed they haven't followed up yet, I have had the phone for 2 weeks and I absolutely love the keyone!
    So, spontaneous shatter?
    08-09-17 07:42 PM
    So, spontaneous shatter?
    I'm guessing they are cracking when the phone is layed down, who knows.

I had screen lift also, they replaced my device. The repair slip said "repaired" but the reason was "ESN swap". It's a new phone, sealed I'm retail box. So I have 2 chargers now which is cool.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-09-17 07:56 PM
89 1234