Indeed. I think the only parts yet to be reported as broken are USB port (although that could've been an issue with the KEYone that didn't charge), audio jack, main speaker, and side buttons. Not much left. Counting-out goes on.
    About six or seven keys didn't work on the one I received. Replacement just came. Will check it out later.
    06-05-17 10:58 AM
    I think you'll find that once Samsung phones began getting banned from airlines and cruise ships (you couldn't even have it packed in your bag in the hold) Samsung kicked in with damage control.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-05-17 11:11 AM
    I was just showing my keyone to a friend, and they noticed the glass over the camera had shattered. I have no idea when it happened, but I haven't dropped the device and I'm very careful with my electronics.

I removed all the pieces of glass. I'm going to protect it with tape for now. Pictures seem perfect still, but I need to get a new piece of glass in there soon.

I'm tempted to get a thin piece of polycarbonate made, and solve the problem forever.

Attachment 424567
    Try for a factory repair first, if they say no go with a quality GE or alike plastic that will not cloud. The only issue than would be that it will scratch much easier
    06-05-17 11:32 AM
    LOL I just wrote why they did the recall.

I knew a good number of folks with the note 7 and none of theirs exploded.

Like I said, they had millions of units sold and a small number of exploding batteries.

They didn't recall it because they had an entire batch that exploded, they recalled because they took the time to investigate and discovered there was a flaw with their battery...
    Just as TCL will investigate any recurring issues with the KEYone.
    06-05-17 11:59 AM
    Just as TCL will investigate any recurring issues with the KEYone.
    Well given it was a safety issue, Samsung was pretty quick.

Not sure if these issues on the k1 are that alarming just yet.
    06-05-17 12:25 PM
    Well given it was a safety issue, Samsung was pretty quick.
    I sincerely doubt anyone at Sammy is patting themselves on the back.

I think you'll find that once Samsung phones began getting banned from airlines and cruise ships (you couldn't even have it packed in your bag in the hold) Samsung kicked in with damage control.
    Exactly! The phone was being banned from everything but a fireproof safe. Once the replacement batch was found just as defective, Sammy had no choice. The legal department I'm sure advised they pull the plug, before massive lawsuits for injury or death occurred.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ has some initial production issues. Considering the handling CBK's meetup units have had, it's safe to assume the phones can be built BlackBerry tank-like. Hopefully, they have resolved 99.9% of the problems going forward. So far, all we can do is guess at the percentage faulty anyway. Acting like there is no problem or the sky is falling are equally irresponsible.
    06-06-17 07:41 AM
    I sincerely doubt anyone at Sammy is patting themselves on the back.

Exactly! The phone was being banned from everything but a fireproof safe. Once the replacement batch was found just as defective, Sammy had no choice. The legal department I'm sure advised they pull the plug, before massive lawsuits for injury or death occurred.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ has some initial production issues. Considering the handling CBK's meetup units have had, it's safe to assume the phones can be built BlackBerry tank-like. Hopefully, they have resolved 99.9% of the problems going forward. So far, all we can do is guess at the percentage faulty anyway. Acting like there is no problem or the sky is falling are equally irresponsible.
    Can confirm: if you didn't get a faulty unit the device is built like a WWII Panzer...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-06-17 08:14 AM
    I wonder what type of glass has been used for the camera glass. I can see from mine that it could be broken easily as it's at the same level as the bezel around it rather than being recessed for protection.
    06-06-17 08:20 AM
    I wonder what type of glass has been used for the camera glass. I can see from mine that it could be broken easily as it's at the same level as the bezel around it rather than being recessed for protection.
    It's recessed. Run your finger from the bezel to the lens and you'll see that it's inset. FYI.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-06-17 08:27 AM
    It's recessed. Run your finger from the bezel to the lens and you'll see that it's inset. FYI.
    You're right, it is, but only by the height of ridges on the bezel. Probably enough though along with the height difference of the camera putting the phone at a slight angle.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-06-17 08:37 AM
    Seems bad drop to me!
    06-06-17 08:39 AM
    Seems bad drop to me!
    I said I've never dropped the device, so you're wrong.

And that's the problem...it wasn't a drop.
    06-06-17 05:25 PM
    Update: I called BB support, and got transfered several times. I finally got to the right place and they opened a ticket. I was told to await further instructions to ship for repair.

However, I explained that I wanted confirmation that replacement part is even in available and in Stock to the repair center. I don't want to have the phone sit at a repair center for 2 weeks waiting for a tiny glass circle.

No update 24 hours later, not a good sign...
    pooyam likes this.
    06-06-17 05:28 PM
    when phone screen is gg4 do they use that for camera too?
    06-06-17 05:50 PM
    Update: I called BB support, and got transfered several times. I finally got to the right place and they opened a ticket. I was told to await further instructions to ship for repair.

However, I explained that I wanted confirmation that replacement part is even in available and in Stock to the repair center. I don't want to have the phone sit at a repair center for 2 weeks waiting for a tiny glass circle.

No update 24 hours later, not a good sign...
    Are you gonna have to pay for it? or warranty covered? Keep us informed please.
    I also just noticed a crack in my glass today
    06-12-17 11:20 PM
    Are you gonna have to pay for it? or warranty covered? Keep us informed please.
    I also just noticed a crack in my glass today
    They haven't got back to me, it's been a week. I will call tomorrow and get some answers.

I told them it wasn't broken when I bought it, but I did not drop the device. If they charge me, I'll probably decline the repair out of principal and fabricate my own clear lense cover out of polycarbonate with my CNC machine.

While I'm disappointed they haven't followed up yet, I have had the phone for 2 weeks and I absolutely love the keyone!
    06-12-17 11:43 PM
    Yikes ! I'd be pissed off! Especially when you didn't drop it! Reminds me of the G6 - I just love the feel of the KEYᵒⁿᵉ I dont want a case at all
    06-13-17 12:26 AM
    They haven't got back to me, it's been a week. I will call tomorrow and get some answers.

I told them it wasn't broken when I bought it, but I did not drop the device. If they charge me, I'll probably decline the repair out of principal and fabricate my own clear lense cover out of polycarbonate with my CNC machine.

While I'm disappointed they haven't followed up yet, I have had the phone for 2 weeks and I absolutely love the keyone!
    You have a CNC??
    Nice. Thanks for the post either way
    06-13-17 01:13 AM
    Strange... There does seem to be some issues with the first runs of these devices. The exchanged devices people have received seem to be free of defects so maybe it was just the first run of the phone.
    kbz1960 and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-13-17 05:28 AM
    Sorry, but I don't believe your story.
    06-13-17 06:00 AM
    It wouldn't matter, the truth doesn't need to be validated by ignorance. Who knows what anyone says is true anymore on social media lol
    06-13-17 06:43 AM
    Sorry, I don't believe you.
    06-13-17 09:07 AM
    It should be under warranty to I would send it back for repair.
    Probably only under warranty if the OP had the foresight to buy insurance. The small monthly fee is worth it when something damages your expensive smartphone.

The damage appears to have been caused by something pressing against the lens cover - keys perhaps in OP's pocket.
    06-13-17 09:12 AM
    A timezone difference in conjunction with a high workload by the support staff in the call centre now that all technical support has been outsourced.
    06-13-17 09:18 AM
    Mine did this yesterday too
    06-14-17 05:07 PM
89 1234