I was just showing my keyone to a friend, and they noticed the glass over the camera had shattered. I have no idea when it happened, but I haven't dropped the device and I'm very careful with my electronics.

I removed all the pieces of glass. I'm going to protect it with tape for now. Pictures seem perfect still, but I need to get a new piece of glass in there soon.

I'm tempted to get a thin piece of polycarbonate made, and solve the problem forever.

Camera glass shattered already-img_67621.jpg
    06-04-17 05:50 PM
    Wow how did that happen?
    06-04-17 05:52 PM
    It should be under warranty to I would send it back for repair.
    06-04-17 05:53 PM
    There was a dtek60 owner who merely placed his phone onto the table - and the camera glass cracked.
    06-04-17 06:00 PM
    Wow that sucks gotta be a defect but blackberry won't see it that way. I would send them a letter and see what they say.
    06-04-17 06:15 PM
    There goes the dream of carrying the KEYone naked...
    sonicpix and pooyam like this.
    06-04-17 06:20 PM
    Damn that's bad. KEYone seems to be plagued with issues. Must be very poor quality control at BB Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-17 06:20 PM
    Or poor material choices
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-04-17 06:21 PM
    Damn that's bad. KEYone seems to be plagued with issues. Must be very poor quality control at BB Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed. I think the only parts yet to be reported as broken are USB port (although that could've been an issue with the KEYone that didn't charge), audio jack, main speaker, and side buttons. Not much left. Counting-out goes on.
    ja0401 likes this.
    06-04-17 06:28 PM
    Wow! That's terrible, I'm sorry to see that. No one likes it when their things break/malfunction... especially a device we've all been waiting for for so long. I carry my Classic without a case and have dropped it a few times. It has collected it's fair share of dings and dents, but the camera and screen remain intact for the most part. When I get the KEYone, I plan on also purchasing the hard shell case from Incipio (in black). It'll be an added layer of protection, regardless of how "tough/solid" other users and reviewers claim it to be.

Posted with  BlackBerry Classic
    06-04-17 06:57 PM
    Wow! That's terrible, I'm sorry to see that. No one likes it when their things break/malfunction... especially a device we've all been waiting for for so long. I carry my Classic without a case and have dropped it a few times. It has collected it's fair share of dings and dents, but the camera and screen remain intact for the most part. When I get the KEYone, I plan on also purchasing the hard shell case from Incipio (in black). It'll be an added layer of protection, regardless of how "tough/solid" other users and reviewers claim it to be.

Posted with  BlackBerry Classic
    It seems like a well made device, overall. I haven't had any problems besides the camera glass...i love the keyone. But, I do miss BB10 on my passport.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-04-17 09:24 PM
    That is very bad. Hope you get it fixed under warranty.
    06-04-17 10:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    I would agree. I sent mine back for a refund. Kept randomly rebooting.
    06-04-17 11:46 PM
    Just poor qc. Just wow. We should start these threads with stats.

Place where it was bought etc

Sent from mTalk on 950XL
    06-04-17 11:58 PM
    Seems odd, and considering the Beating all the phones CBK has been carrying around to the meet-ups -- it's really hard to believe it's a defect in any way!.... will have to bee Super Duper careful naked until I get my case!!!
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-05-17 05:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    What a conclusion to make... Why are people so opinionated instead of informed...
    hpjrt and jamesharmeling like this.
    06-05-17 05:55 AM
    Seems odd, and considering the Beating all the phones CBK has been carrying around to the meet-ups -- it's really hard to believe it's a defect in any way!.... will have to bee Super Duper careful naked until I get my case!!!
    That's what I'm wondering too. Is there more than one factory (Mexico, etc.)?

Based on the defect reports the CBK KeyONE units should be in pieces by now!
    hoytbowhunter and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-05-17 07:40 AM
    What a conclusion to make... Why are people so opinionated instead of informed...
    How is my opinion not informed? I'm just going off what I read here. Are you emotional because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    06-05-17 07:50 AM
    How is my opinion not informed? I'm just going off what I read here. Are you emotional because it doesn't fit your narrative?

Posted via CB10
    I just wouldn't judge an entire qc process as "poor" by reading a few posts about defects. Samsung could fire their entire qc department then after the exploding phone debacle.
    06-05-17 08:03 AM
    I just wouldn't judge an entire qc process as "poor" by reading a few posts about defects. Samsung could fire their entire qc department then after the exploding phone debacle.
    Except that they had millions upon millions of units out in the wild and only a small number of units that exploded.

And what did they do? They investigated, found a flaw with the way the battery was installed, and decided to recall all units.

Eventually forcing people to return their phones via a software block.

Let's see what TCL does...
    06-05-17 08:06 AM
    My thoughts exactly. My keyboard didn't work but after I replaced it at the Rogers store it is perfect. I don't mind a few bad screens or keyboards in a batch as long as there is no risk of them burning my house down!
    06-05-17 08:08 AM
    Except that they had millions upon millions of units out in the wild and only a small number of units that exploded.

And what did they do? They investigated, found a flaw with the way the battery was installed, and decided to recall all units.

Recall is usually done if there are multiple instances and batches of serial numbers are affected. Otherwise individual phones are replaced under warranty.
    06-05-17 08:14 AM

You nailed it.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 10:15 AM
    Maybe that is what be had so many units on hand?

06-05-17 10:34 AM
    Recall is usually done if there are multiple instances and batches of serial numbers are affected. Otherwise individual phones are replaced under warranty.
    LOL I just wrote why they did the recall.

I knew a good number of folks with the note 7 and none of theirs exploded.

Like I said, they had millions of units sold and a small number of exploding batteries.

They didn't recall it because they had an entire batch that exploded, they recalled because they took the time to investigate and discovered there was a flaw with their battery...
    06-05-17 10:55 AM
89 123 ...