I have a Keyone using android 8.1. When someone calls me from I landline I can hear them but they can't hear me. If they call me from a mobile phone (cellphone) I can hear them fine but they can't hear me.
    Anyone know what the problem and fix might be?
    01-14-22 10:18 AM
    I have a Keyone using android 8.1. When someone calls me from I landline I can hear them but they can't hear me. If they call me from a mobile phone (cellphone) I can hear them fine but they can't hear me.
    So both from landline and mobile... they can't hear you? So really doesn't matter, people just can't hear you?

What if you switch to speaker phone mode?
    What about if you made a call via WhatsApp or DUO?
    Have you run a test to see if all your microphones are working?
    01-14-22 10:24 AM
    Doesn't work with speakerphone either. Microphone must be working because they can hear me if they call from a landline or if I call them.
    01-14-22 10:27 AM
    Maybe your Mute button is on.
    01-14-22 12:36 PM
    It's not because, as I say, if they ring me on their mobile phone rather than a landline they can hear me fine. As they can if I ring them them.
    01-14-22 02:06 PM
    Your problem description is all over the place.

1. In post #1, you state that they can't hear you from a wireline or wireless originating call.
    2. In post #3, you state that they can hear you from a wireline call.
    3. In post#5, you state they can hear you from a wireless call.

Which one is it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    mikael11 likes this.
    01-15-22 12:58 AM
    Apologies. Error on post #3:
    If they ring me from a landline (wireline?) I can hear them but they can't hear me
    If they ring me from a mobile (cell phone) we can both hear each other fine
    If I ring them (on either their landline or mobile) we can both hear each other

So the problem only occurs if someone rings me from a landline. I have tried using the speaker phone and turning mute on and off during the call but neither worked.
    01-15-22 04:58 AM
    If they ring me from a landline (wireline?) I can hear them but they can't hear me

So the problem only occurs if someone rings me from a landline. I have tried using the speaker phone and turning mute on and off during the call but neither worked.
    How many landlines have you tested, may be an issue with the callers phone as well.
    01-15-22 07:24 AM

Then I'm confident the problem is not with your phone (as long as you have checked you aren't on mute on your cellphone).

They may have a physical mute button that is "pressed down" on the wireline handset they are calling from that needs to be released. If their wireline handset is part of a PABX system, signalling codecs on that system could also be coming into play.
    01-15-22 07:41 AM
    How many landlines have you tested, may be an issue with the callers phone as well.
    thanks for your reply. I have tried it with two different landlines in two different households
    01-16-22 05:57 AM
    Then I'm confident the problem is not with your phone (as long as you have checked you aren't on mute on your cellphone).

They may have a physical mute button that is "pressed down" on the wireline handset they are calling from that needs to be released. If their wireline handset is part of a PABX system, signalling codecs on that system could also be coming into play.
    Thanks for your reply. A real puzzle. I have tried it with calls from two different landlines from two different households.
    01-16-22 05:59 AM
    Having played around with the phone, the problems seems to be fixed temporarily if, during the call, I press hold then hold again (to resume the call) but I’d rather not have to keep doing that.
    01-16-22 06:29 AM