So this is my first day with the keyone and I like every bit of it. The screen,keyboard, led,perfect size but one thing that I noticed was some people can't hear me on the other end.

I have to get the microphone close and that's troubling me a bit. I can't find the call quality or any setting that I can check if something's wrong in that. I'm using the AT&T Sim card and there was no problem with that on my classic.

So if anyone knows what's going on or if the speaker is damaged?
    06-22-17 08:41 PM
    It's likely because it's a TCL product, not a Blackberry one..enough said...
    06-22-17 08:45 PM
    (Keyone Primary User)

Unfortunately that sounds like it could be a Hardware issue. Remember one other user somewhere here having that same issue.
    06-22-17 08:52 PM
    I had something similar, but both my mic and speaker quality was one of reasons i disliked it. Hd voice could have helped probably.
    06-22-17 09:34 PM
    I notice call quality is only so-so. Have had a few times where the other person asked me to speak closer to the mic, and even doing a voice-mail greeting seemed more muffled than most phones.
    06-22-17 11:08 PM
    I notice call quality is only so-so. Have had a few times where the other person asked me to speak closer to the mic, and even doing a voice-mail greeting seemed more muffled than most phones.
    So I guess that's the second big problem beside the screen popping,,weird when blackberries are known for their excellent call quality. Never had any problem with my curve,Z3,classic.
    06-22-17 11:27 PM
    Yeah. Definitely isn't what I'm used to.
    06-22-17 11:28 PM
    So I guess that's the second big problem beside the screen popping,,weird when blackberries are known for their excellent call quality. Never had any problem with my curve,Z3,classic.
    The quality reminded me of cheaper phones. I doubt they used BB made antennas or components. PP is way ahead in that aspect which is unfortunate.
    portplayer likes this.
    06-22-17 11:46 PM
    I too notice quality of mic not great. I find that when holding in left hand its worse, not sure why. maybe it blocks the mic. I dont TALK much, but if I were to be that type, would be a deal breaker.
    06-22-17 11:49 PM
    I had the Q10, Classic and Priv and the signal quality, call quality and microphone quality of them all were great, so is the KEYone. There is NO DIFFERENCE.

Please guys, stop posting such useless negative and especially untrue things about this device. Did you ever compare call and signal quality to a Galaxy Alpha or something? THAT is a bad phone...
    06-23-17 01:57 AM
    Just because you don't have an issue with your device doesn't mean others don't either. If you don't want to look at what real users are experiencing, perhaps this isn't the forum for you.
    06-23-17 03:58 AM
    Just because you don't have an issue with your device doesn't mean others don't either. If you don't want to look at what real users are experiencing, perhaps this isn't the forum for you.
    Totally agree with you. The other guy is not doing anything useful for the community but just messing around...Unbearable...
    06-23-17 04:34 AM
    So this is my first day with the keyone and I like every bit of it. The screen,keyboard, led,perfect size but one thing that I noticed was some people can't hear me on the other end.

I have to get the microphone close and that's troubling me a bit. I can't find the call quality or any setting that I can check if something's wrong in that. I'm using the AT&T Sim card and there was no problem with that on my classic.

So if anyone knows what's going on or if the speaker is damaged?
    Check on your carrier's website for SPECIFIC settings for your phone. It may be that old Blackberry settings are being applied instead of Android.
    06-23-17 04:47 AM
    If I turn the volume up more than half way during a call, I get a definite buzzing in the ear piece. Not insanely bad, but annoying. I get the same buzzing from the phone speaker as well when playing YouTube loudly. Reminds me of the speaker on the Leap. Unfortunate.
    06-23-17 05:22 AM
    Check on your carrier's website for SPECIFIC settings for your phone. It may be that old Blackberry settings are being applied instead of Android.
    Would you please explain a little on how to do that? I tried but keyone is nowhere to be found on at&t's official website. Though I talked with my sister and she said we can return it to best buy n get other one. This is my first time that I ordered a phone online but that's the best you can do in United States to get a keyone.

Or do I need the repair of the microphone instead of returning it, I got no idea.
    06-23-17 05:46 AM
    I had the Q10, Classic and Priv and the signal quality, call quality and microphone quality of them all were great, so is the KEYone. There is NO DIFFERENCE.

Please guys, stop posting such useless negative and especially untrue things about this device. Did you ever compare call and signal quality to a Galaxy Alpha or something? THAT is a bad phone...
    Leave it, they're gonna delete my reply. And FCUK galaxy alpha or something. I only use blackberry.
    06-23-17 05:49 AM

Hilarious, do you suggest comparing a $200 phone with a phone that costs you easily three times more?! Be serious please. Yes, as BlackBerry user, I am very disappointed about the device, not the functionality or concept (they are brilliant), but the build quality. We pay $600 to get a mid range spec phone in 2017, but please at least make it solid...
    06-23-17 07:20 AM

Dang man! Just because you don't have an issue doesn't mean no else does. Chill, sheesh.

I haven't read ahead yet but some say turning off voLTE helps. Yes not the best solution but hopefully a software update can fix that if it is the issue. Can't hurt to try and see if it helps.
    06-23-17 08:05 AM
    Would you please explain a little on how to do that? I tried but keyone is nowhere to be found on at&t's official website. Though I talked with my sister and she said we can return it to best buy n get other one. This is my first time that I ordered a phone online but that's the best you can do in United States to get a keyone.

Or do I need the repair of the microphone instead of returning it, I got no idea.
    I'm sorry I'm not in the US, but in the UK if you google something like "Vodafone settings Blackberry Keyone", or if there is no keyone specific, sometimes " Vodafone settings android smartphone", then a list can be found of settings which you can put into your phone manually.
    On my first day of Keyone usage I thought the call quality was very poor. Eventually I found "android" settings on my carrier's website and put these in manually. After rebooting the phone I found the call quality to be similar to the Blackberry Passport I'd just been using.
    06-23-17 08:21 AM
    Also I am not convinced about the sound quality. I've been using BB since the Bold 9700. I used lately the Classic and Passport. I can say the sound quality is not the same.
    06-23-17 08:28 AM

Static when increasing volume while on the call.

Depending on where you are even though the reception is fine others have a hard time hearing you on the other end.

Speaker I found had to be used in a closed space or quiet area to have effect. My classic was not as distorted. And I did test few phones with above scenarios, its not that great.

But I don't know, it looks as if the k1 is like a box of chocolates you never know what you gonna get.
    06-23-17 09:31 AM
    Although, I think if we did get carrier services like HD voice it could help? interoperability is pretty much across majority of carriers now if I'm not wrong.
    06-23-17 10:03 AM
    record a voice and replay it, then you can know which issue is, micphone or radio system .
    06-23-17 10:13 AM
    If I turn the volume up more than half way during a call, I get a definite buzzing in the ear piece. Not insanely bad, but annoying. I get the same buzzing from the phone speaker as well when playing YouTube loudly. Reminds me of the speaker on the Leap. Unfortunate.
    Yes, I get the same thing. Volume of the sound is adequate, but the quality at high volume is a bit obnoxious due to the speaker overdrive. Buzzing in the earpiece is particularly bad if the person has a deep or boomy voice (such as automated calls, menus etc)
    06-23-17 10:22 AM
    I cannot dispute that what you're saying is true for you. The passport definitely has a better speaker quality. On phone calls my quality is even better than the passport and that is saying something! reminds me of the quality when you do a BBM voice call. Maybe there was a production batch with these problems.
    06-23-17 10:57 AM
51 123