That's the point he went out and got a phone instead of actually looking at his companies needs and requirements.. And tbh ios update small updates every year and a big one every 5 is it ?? Not sure but ios 10 ios 11 and 12 13 14 ect are not that much different compared to android tbh and I have used all since symbian days and also Linux phones . Android has it good and tell me what's exciting about pie lol nothing apart from 3.1400000 ect I bet keyone gets pie and stops their . But take into account the iphone 5s still gets updates but hey slows it right down so u buy a new one.... Swings and roundabouts but everyone is right why let employees dictate what they think they should have ... in this day and age they should be lucky they have a job ... make them live in a 3rd world county for a year and see them change ..
    08-21-18 08:33 PM
    That's the point he went out and got a phone instead of actually looking at his companies needs and requirements.. And tbh ios update small updates every year and a big one every 5 is it ?? Not sure but ios 10 ios 11 and 12 13 14 ect are not that much different compared to android tbh and I have used all since symbian days and also Linux phones . Android has it good and tell me what's exciting about pie lol nothing apart from 3.1400000 ect I bet keyone gets pie and stops their . But take into account the iphone 5s still gets updates but hey slows it right down so u buy a new one.... Swings and roundabouts but everyone is right why let employees dictate what they think they should have ... in this day and age they should be lucky they have a job ... make them live in a 3rd world county for a year and see them change ..
    OMG. What do you expect? The device go faster after 5 years?

Guess what... maybe you should pick up an iPhone 5S, cause it’s still buttery fast. And I’m actually running the Beta version of iOS 12 on the iPad Mini 2 (same specs as the 5S) and it’s incredible, how smooth and fast it’s running.

Maybe the reality is different around the world, and I don’t know where you are. But here, if you have good employees and you want to keep them, you empower them.

Employees here get flex hours, work from home (if they want), at the schedule they want, and with the tools they want (and yeah, that includes using the phone they want).

They are the one running the day to day of the business, they know what’s best for the business.

It’s 2018. Not 1930
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-21-18 10:52 PM
    I use my personal keyone full time at work. We have company issue Samsung's. I use call forwarding and leave the Samsung switched off. keyone rocks
    08-21-18 10:54 PM
    🤣 I'm sure 95%, if not more, of their work would be done on a PC - purchasing these Keyone's is FAR from as big of a deal as you make it.
    As you said. I do agree that mostly people do their work on PC. That’s why “pkb on a phone for productivity” is a pure marketing joke. No one is gonna use his key# for doing excel thing. They mostly use it to make a post here on crackberry and some social medias.
    08-22-18 05:52 AM
    Well then. When fanboysm takes over a company.
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-22-18 06:05 AM
    At the end of the day its your company and if I have my own company and I pay for the phones I will get them BBs! If they don't like it too bad its not their decision, its a tool for work and not playing stupid games. If they're not working they can use their damn iPhone!
    Dave Chalton likes this.
    08-22-18 09:43 AM
    That's exactly my point all those updates arnt worth it when u say about ios updates for years to come is invalid . Yep if u ran ur business like that here you would fail. Their the boss by the sounds of it and you tag along
    08-22-18 10:42 AM
    At the end of the day its your company and if I have my own company and I pay for the phones I will get them BBs! If they don't like it too bad its not their decision, its a tool for work and not playing stupid games. If they're not working they can use their damn iPhone!
    I get the old days of forcing folks to use a BlackBerry because it limited features. One reason people didn't and don't like the brand... so thanks for continuing that animosity building. But again... a KEYone can play stupid games too. It's just an Android phone with a keyboard, that keyboard doesn't stop people from playing games or watching shows.

If BBs are what you have always offered, then it's no big deal. The OP was providing iPhones, switching form factors and operating systems is a big deal. In the end it will cost his company lost time - and from his own statement lost employees that will need to be replaced and retrained. Is there some back-end benefit that will recoup that loss?
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-22-18 10:53 AM
    OP - can you please share the type of company you have? What are the roles and responsibilities of these said employees so we can determine what their phones would be used for. If they were using small iphone 5 devices before I am in no way, up until this point, convinced their devices are heavily worked on. Phone calls, few emails, messages? If this is the case the responses like the one before this need to stop
    08-22-18 10:56 AM
    So I just upgraded my employees with new keyones today ( was using iPhone 5 ) and several of them said they not going use a outdated phone!
    Long story short they will be unemployed and my question is this phone isn't outdated I guess?
    I buy them for work not gaming. But should I have bought them something else? Seems to me it's good on emails!
    Your thoughts? Thanks
    Myselfy, and a lot of others had serious reception issues on the keyone. To the point of buying a iPhone 6s until my key2 arrived.
    08-22-18 11:03 AM
    That's exactly my point all those updates arnt worth it when u say about ios updates for years to come is invalid . Yep if u ran ur business like that here you would fail. Their the boss by the sounds of it and you tag along
    Si that’s your argument to defend manufacturers that don’t update their devices? That updates are not worth it?

Excuse me but every single security fix that Apple push out is important, same as every security fix that Google push out.

Pretty much all IT departments would prefer iOS over any other OS because it’s easy to secure, there’s not fragmentation, and you get longer support.

And you know what’s funny? That’s what BB used to be, a non fragmented OS, easy to secure, and easy to deploy company wide. Corporations can also keep they old BB for years. iOS just took over.

When BB say today that they can only guarantee one or 2 OS updates, that’s a big « no no » for most major corporations. Especially if you need to issue tens of thousands of devices
    pdr733 likes this.
    08-22-18 11:37 AM
    so why buy android when you clearly wanted ios lmao this post is ridiculous now lol
    08-22-18 11:39 AM
    I get the old days of forcing folks to use a BlackBerry because it limited features. One reason people didn't and don't like the brand... so thanks for continuing that animosity building. But again... a KEYone can play stupid games too. It's just an Android phone with a keyboard, that keyboard doesn't stop people from playing games or watching shows.

If BBs are what you have always offered, then it's no big deal. The OP was providing iPhones, switching form factors and operating systems is a big deal. In the end it will cost his company lost time - and from his own statement lost employees that will need to be replaced and retrained. Is there some back-end benefit that will recoup that loss?
    Fair enough, a lot of companies offer both iPhone or Android phones. Some use only one because of the eco system, but that's mostly SW/IT companies.

I guess the question is, what do they use the phone for? If they use it only for calls and emails then I doubt productivity goes down.

I've work for multiple companies and they all offered BlackBerry's. However the main use for it was calls, emails and taking pics thats it! Any phone would have worked.

Unless the company NEEDS Apple's eco system (iCloud, Macbooks, etc...) then I see no point in getting it.
    08-22-18 11:43 AM
    so why buy android when you clearly wanted ios lmao this post is ridiculous now lol
    I don’t buy android and i don’t have any android device. Not sure where you got that idea.

What I am pointing out is that OP fired his entire staff over a phone.

You can fire employees before they are not productive, they spend too much time on Facebook. But you don’t fire them over a phone.

He’s probably not replying to this thread anymore cause he is either swamped with work (since he has to do everything by himself now) or he is begging them to come back.
    pdr733 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    08-22-18 11:45 AM
    "Maybe the reality is different around the world, and I don’t know where you are. But here, if you have good employees and you want to keep them, you empower them.

Employees here get flex hours, work from home (if they want), at the schedule they want, and with the tools they want (and yeah, that includes using the phone they want).

They are the one running the day to day of the business, they know what’s best for the business. "

interesting. where you physically located? the pricy place techie buy a van as house? I bet those chaps refuse BB and the OP willing to let them go are not as "good" as you think they were. the good chap that get flex hours and work from home usually put more time than the clocked staff (I mean the really good one) - their brain is operate 24x7 for company challenges. Even their scheduled vacation (un-limited) were used to further improve their skills rather than de-compression (either physically, or mentally). a company new phone to them, most likely will consider at least a curiosity compare to the iphone 5... I just don't see the chaps as "good" as you want to keep them at any cost (cost of set up a second platform within a company for IT support). IMHO. As they are running day to day business of the company but refuse to pull weight to keep single platform of IT for the company, those good chaps need to get their head examed before trust them running day to day again.
    08-22-18 01:07 PM
    Wow, a thread about entitlement! Is this a Millennial thing? In my 30 year executive career I was assigned a particular car, I could pick the colour only. I was assigned a particular phone, mostly BlackBerry, I was assigned a particular laptop, I was assigned a particular Credit Card, I was assigned a particular office, on and on it went. When did this notion that the tail wags the dog become a thing? Give your heads a shake and grow up or at least grow into your careers, much bigger battles to fight are surely on the horizon.
    08-22-18 01:18 PM
    Sorry wrong reply to the wrong person haha sorry about that .. It was meant for op
    08-22-18 01:34 PM
    Wow, a thread about entitlement! Is this a Millennial thing? In my 30 year executive career I was assigned a particular car, I could pick the colour only. I was assigned a particular phone, mostly BlackBerry, I was assigned a particular laptop, I was assigned a particular Credit Card, I was assigned a particular office, on and on it went. When did this notion that the tail wags the dog become a thing? Give your heads a shake and grow up or at least grow into your careers, much bigger battles to fight are surely on the horizon.
    It was entitled executives that forced IT to allow the iPhone to begin with.
    bobshine likes this.
    08-22-18 01:40 PM
    What?!? I worked for two major corporations, one of which was international. Motorola phones were used first, then replaced by BlackBerry until BlackBerry began to fail, then came Samsung and finally iPhone started to gain traction but was cost prohibitive and integration to enterprise took time while gaining market share. So once again, what are you talking about?!?
    08-22-18 01:48 PM
    Why are you bringing up Millenials in this? Grouping people into a category and then ragging on that category is not really something that I think is particularly nice. And I am sure I am not the only one who wishes this grouping people into categories thing would stop (aka prejudice).
    08-22-18 02:37 PM
    Why are you bringing up Millenials in this? Grouping people into a category and then ragging on that category is not really something that I think is particularly nice. And I am sure I am not the only one who wishes this grouping people into categories thing would stop (aka prejudice).
    Old people always blame things they don't like on the new generation.... It's funny to watch some classic movies from the 30's or 40's and see the same thing. They have no work ethic, aren't motivated...... and their talking about the generation that is most peoples grandparents, or Millennial great-great-grandparents.
    Summer_Moon and skrble like this.
    08-22-18 03:14 PM
    Wow, good thread. Considering the author just tossed a few not very smart lines, not too bad to see this discussion.
    08-22-18 04:03 PM
    Old people always blame things they don't like on the new generation.... It's funny to watch some classic movies from the 30's or 40's and see the same thing. They have no work ethic, aren't motivated...... and their talking about the generation that is most peoples grandparents, or Millennial great-great-grandparents.
    You are funny. Old at 55, maybe! Done and seen sh$t you cannot imagine, yes! Irrelevant NO! It is an observation on our societal outlook. If the truth hurts, then, so be it! Us babyboomers also had adversity, but one thing we never did is whine about it! We grabbed life by the throat and shook it down, sometimes for good and sometimes, not so much. So until you have a track record of opposing the Man mentality, then you are only a whisper in the wind! Are all Babyboomers good, absolutely not! Are all Millennials lazy, absolutely not! Which are you? I know which group I fall into! All I am saying is, quit whining and start affecting deep, earth shaking change! Cheers from a Dinasaur! Lmao!
    08-22-18 07:46 PM
    Exactly! In a previous life, I worked for one of the Big 6 in canada. If you’re canadian, you know what I’m talking about. The big 6 were very supportive of BB. And when BB10 came out, they all wanted to switch to it... except that my CEO picked it up... said WTF is this? (literally).

Then he said I want an iPhone.

Guess what... they made it happen. They retired all BBOS... never gave BB10 a try and issued everyone iPhones.
    08-22-18 09:53 PM
    You are obviously And confidently mistaken about the majority of the market. I am Canadian, I worked for the 2 largest corporations in Canada. You are correct on 1 point, both skipped BB10 as confidence in BlackBerry at the time was dropping with the old leadership trying to acquire a Hockey Team more than evolving BlackBerry. However, and more importantly, Samsung had integrated into Enterprise driven systems years before Apple, thus, traction was picked up by Samsung and then iPhone. Sorry, but facts matter when you lived it! Cheers,
    08-22-18 10:02 PM
76 1234