So I just upgraded my employees with new keyones today ( was using iPhone 5 ) and several of them said they not going use a outdated phone!
    Long story short they will be unemployed and my question is this phone isn't outdated I guess?
    I buy them for work not gaming. But should I have bought them something else? Seems to me it's good on emails!
    Your thoughts? Thanks
    08-20-18 02:13 PM
    Amazing phone for work. I loved mine before I upgraded to the key2. With Oreo it runs perfectly, and is still receiving monthly updates! Hardly outdated.
    08-20-18 02:16 PM
    that means it's moment to do some interviews for new employees...
    epoc32, rotrav, B1aize and 3 others like this.
    08-20-18 02:25 PM
    So I just upgraded my employees with new keyones today ( was using iPhone 5 ) and several of them said they not going use a outdated phone!
    Long story short they will be unemployed and my question is this phone isn't outdated I guess?
    I buy them for work not gaming. But should I have bought them something else? Seems to me it's good on emails!
    Your thoughts? Thanks
    They were using iphone 5's released in 2012 (SIX years ago) and they said they will not use an outdated phone released in 2017 (ONE year old)? what?

are you buying the spec-bumped Black edition or the OG Silver? I have the silver and as long as they don't fill it with clutter, it'll run smoothly. I only see it lag when i want to look something up in Chrome and have both GPS and Google Play Music going in the background.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-20-18 02:28 PM
    If you want your phone last longer, iPhone might be a better choice. Keyone’s last OS update is Oreo.
    08-20-18 02:30 PM
    oh and yeah, as a communication device, it is EXCELLENT! emails on HUB are great!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-20-18 02:31 PM
    You've made a good choice, it's your company, your skin in the game, if employees are not on the bus, then off they go! Stay the course, great productivity devise! Cheers,
    08-20-18 02:36 PM
    Your thoughts? Thanks
    Tell them if they weren't going to use outdated phones then why are they still using the IPhone 5? Plus, it's a work phone. If they don't like it then they can work elsewhere. They can play on their own personal phone
    08-20-18 02:38 PM
    great business phone.
    08-20-18 02:39 PM
    It's a great phone for work in my opinion and it's very useful.
    08-20-18 02:40 PM
    It might be that your employees perceive a phone with a physical keyboard to be out of date rather than having an issue with the release date of the devices. As much as I would like to see more people loving BlackBerrys I think I would have opted for providing the employees with a later edition iPhone to eliminate the learning curve of getting used to both a physical keyboard and the Android OS (unless their own phones ran Android and that wouldn't be an issue).

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    08-20-18 02:41 PM
    1) Why do you need to furnish phones in 2018?

2) Why are you providing them with KEYone's? What is the benefit? You said they are for work, not gaming... but a KEYone does both, just like any other Android or iOS phone. What was the benifit, other than it's what YOU apparently wanted it.

I don't know if any of them were invested in the iOS platform - for work I use a number of paid Apps. Are you going to reimburse anyone if they have to buy new apps - to help lesson the blow? Too you are asking them to move from iOS to Android, that is a big change and will take time grow accustom to it. In addition you are asking them to learn a how to use a very different device with a keyboard..... that will take time. If you have any older employees that might be a very daunting thing to just throw on them.

It's kinda like coming in and saying.... "OK today we are switching from MS Office to Google Documents. I've uninstall MS Offices from all your machines and installed everything for Google Documents.... have a great day guys".
    tfitzpat03, pdr733 and skrble like this.
    08-20-18 02:48 PM
    1) Why do you need to furnish phones in 2018?

2) Why are you providing them with KEYone's? What is the benefit? You said they are for work, not gaming... but a KEYone does both, just like any other Android or iOS phone. What was the benifit, other than it's what YOU apparently wanted it.

I don't know if any of them were invested in the iOS platform - for work I use a number of paid Apps. Are you going to reimburse anyone if they have to buy new apps - to help lesson the blow? Too you are asking them to move from iOS to Android, that is a big change and will take time grow accustom to it. In addition you are asking them to learn a how to use a very different device with a keyboard..... that will take time. If you have any older employees that might be a very daunting thing to just throw on them.

It's kinda like coming in and saying.... "OK today we are switching from MS Office to Google Documents. I've uninstall MS Offices from all your machines and installed everything for Google Documents.... have a great day guys".
    If I may for question 1):

I will not use my personal device for work purposes, unless my employer pays a portion of my monthly phone bill. I have done it before, and it was the worst experience I've ever had.
    08-20-18 03:17 PM
    get what their given and tough sh@t if they don't like it. it's your business your choice after all its just a phone not a status
    treatfairy_dog likes this.
    08-20-18 03:47 PM
    sorry to add, would I use my phone for business... definitely yes and it's better than ios and not so outdated compared to ios tbh if you look properly
    treatfairy_dog likes this.
    08-20-18 03:49 PM
    get what their given and tough sh@t if they don't like it. it's your business your choice after all its just a phone not a status
    Some business that just need bodies,might can take that attitude. Other that need a workforce that is in high demand, might find themselves without trained and qualified employees if they treat them poorly.

Phone is a tool.... you give an employee one tool to use for years and then you change it. You had better had a "plan" for training them and assisting them to learn how to use the new and different tool.
    psychofox13 and pdr733 like this.
    08-20-18 03:59 PM
    The KEYone is a great business phone. it also costs less than the new iPhone. It is a great communication device for business.
    Bucky2016 and treatfairy_dog like this.
    08-20-18 04:03 PM
    It might be that your employees perceive a phone with a physical keyboard to be out of date rather than having an issue with the release date of the devices. As much as I would like to see more people loving BlackBerrys I think I would have opted for providing the employees with a later edition iPhone to eliminate the learning curve of getting used to both a physical keyboard and the Android OS (unless their own phones ran Android and that wouldn't be an issue).

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    Most likely this.
    08-20-18 06:49 PM
    Great choice for business phone, sounds like perhaps your employees were expecting the new iPhone. A friend of mine had the choice of taking a Samsung or continue to use his own phone and is $50 a month. He took the $50 a month that way he's not carrying 2 phones around. He's a plumber so he only makes & receives calls.
    08-20-18 07:10 PM
    I would have gave them a choice of a keyone or a motion. they may think it's outdated only because of a physical keyboard. most people for some reason think a physical keyboard is too retro or too outdated to use.
    at least giving them an option of either the motion or keyone then if they wanted to go non physical keyboard and tapping on the screen then they could.
    08-20-18 09:13 PM
    Well your employees might be right.... for over 99% of then population, a keyboard is outdated. Most people either never used or haven’t used a PKB in years. So there’s a learning curve.

And they may have personal devices that aren’t PKB so it will be just a pain in the *** for them to use the KeyOne every time.

I don’t know where you are but here, good labour is impossible to find. If I were you, I would call them back and get them all iPhone X!
    pdr733 and skrble like this.
    08-20-18 09:27 PM
    Well your employees might be right.... for over 99% of then population, a keyboard is outdated. Most people either never used or haven’t used a PKB in years. So there’s a learning curve.

And they may have personal devices that aren’t PKB so it will be just a pain in the *** for them to use the KeyOne every time.

I don’t know where you are but here, good labour is impossible to find. If I were you, I would call them back and get them all iPhone X!
    LOL....The tail doesn't wag the Dog....
    08-20-18 09:33 PM
    LOL....The tail doesn't wag the Dog....
    Well when unemployment is below 4%, you’ll regret laying off people over a stupid phone!
    08-20-18 09:35 PM
    Well when unemployment is below 4%, you’ll regret laying off people over a stupid phone!
    Stupid???? really???Sound like a personal problem.
    08-20-18 09:38 PM
    Offer them flip phones as an option. They'll learn pretty quick that the Keyone is a better choice
    08-20-18 09:38 PM
76 123 ...