Hello guys,,
    I want to buy a blackberry I miss the keyboard and I’m sick of the iPhone. Looking at it I could buy a blackberry keyone on eBay for 100 dollars or a key2 for around 400 im leaning on the keyone just for the price point what are your thoughts?
    reverse image search email checker port checker
    Last edited by GomesKhan; 11-20-19 at 09:07 PM.
    11-18-19 11:49 PM
    personally I don't like the look of the keytwo. I've had the keyone for awhile now and am very happy with it, just make sure your expectations are in line with the phone's capabilities. I don't game or YouTube on this device, only social apps I have are crackberry and Reddit and it runs great for me - lightning fast doing just email/text/etc
    11-19-19 06:53 AM
    If your budget allows for it, then get the KEY2.

It's the much better device overall.
    11-19-19 07:23 AM
    Agreed! If you can afford a KEY2 then get the latest supported device. Also it has a 20% larger keyboard that made if possible for me to type on. I had trouble with the KEYᵒⁿᵉ keyboard.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    11-19-19 09:27 AM
    I have the KEYone Black Edition with the extra GB of RAM. Works great. But at this point...if I was in your shoes I would go for the newer device.
    11-19-19 10:46 AM
    Key 2 key 2!
    Just got one a few days ago and was really hesitant for a few days because the keyboard is so different than the keyone and the OS is exactly the same. I also prefer the key one’s design.
    But I have been using the key2 for a week now and let me tell you, the little things that is different from the keyone, makes it a better device overall.
    But, if the device wasn’t heavily discounted when I bought it, I wouldnt think the upgrades are worth the money, compared to the keyone Black edition (with 4gb ram).
    It all depends on your budget, the keyone and key2 OS are identical, so you won’t miss out on much except smoothness (3,4gb ram vs 6gb ram).

If you could get one for around 300 new, it’s a no brainer. Maybe wait for Black Friday? Even in Holland we have discounts on Black Friday.

Oh, and this keyboard... Thekey2 reminds me how a Blackberry keyboard should feel. And also something about the design, if you even care, they are both great looking devices, but that matte black keyboard on all black Blackberry has to be the sleekest Blackberry they ever made. Pictures won’t do the key2 justice.
    11-19-19 10:49 AM
    I love my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and found that I just couldn't live w/ out it. It has some issues, course, a hickup here and there some load time issues etc. Battery life is still excellent, it's pretty quick w/ occasional stutters (I have silver, 3gb version) but it's going strong all this time. No spontaneous drains, no app crashes, no real complaints
    11-22-19 11:49 PM
    I have now both devices, Keyone BE and the Key2 Dual Sim with 128GB. The key 2 is the better device. I would go for the Key 2 if your budget allows it. The keyboard is different to the one from the keyone, I love it both but the overall haptic of the key2 is nicer and feels better than the keyone.
    And the key 2 is faster, it unlocks the device faster and the switching between the apps is faster and smoother (I have the fastkey app on my keyone to instantly switch between the apps).
    11-23-19 07:01 AM
    I have now both devices, Keyone BE and the Key2 Dual Sim with 128GB. The key 2 is the better device. I would go for the Key 2 if your budget allows it. The keyboard is different to the one from the keyone, I love it both but the overall haptic of the key2 is nicer and feels better than the keyone.
    And the key 2 is faster, it unlocks the device faster and the switching between the apps is faster and smoother (I have the fastkey app on my keyone to instantly switch between the apps).
    The overall haptic has to be better than the KEYone's because the KEYone has the absolute worst haptic motor of any phone I've ever used.
    11-23-19 11:52 PM
    I love my KeyOne so get KeyOne!
    12-05-19 03:53 AM
    I think Key2's price is way overpriced for what it offers. It also comes with compromises such as its faulty spacebar.

The Keyone with 4gb of ram is still quick enough. The extra support of the Key2 will be irrelevant very soon as it is closing on two years since its release now.
    12-05-19 08:23 AM
    don't expect support for much longer.

EDIT: oh, you're getting on eBay. In either case, some are starting to mention that their company's IT environments are requiring upgrade to Android 9... which you'll never see from a TCL BlackBerry device.

So you need to decide if having a physical keyboard is more important than having an up-to-date / security-patched device.
    12-05-19 12:45 PM
    I think Key2's price is way overpriced for what it offers. It also comes with compromises such as its faulty spacebar.

The Keyone with 4gb of ram is still quick enough. The extra support of the Key2 will be irrelevant very soon as it is closing on two years since its release now.
    I wouldn't call the KEY2's spacebar to be inherently faulty (unlike early silver KEYone's with screen lift), but it definitely has given its users more headaches than the KEYone's and LE's.
    12-05-19 03:33 PM
    I wouldn't call the KEY2's spacebar to be inherently faulty (unlike early silver KEYone's with screen lift), but it definitely has given its users more headaches than the KEYone's and LE's.
    How come?
    12-05-19 03:55 PM
    How come?
    Well, there have been more reports of issues with it than the other devices, that's all
    12-05-19 05:46 PM
    Well, there have been more reports of issues with it than the other devices, that's all
    But has anyone looked into the root cause ??
    12-06-19 12:41 PM
    But has anyone looked into the root cause ??
    You mean TCL's manufacturing?
    12-06-19 12:43 PM
    You mean TCL's manufacturing?
    I mean did anybody buy a cheap replacement physical keyboard from eBay for both the keyone and the key 2 and tear it apart to see what the heck they did to make it fail so often on the one hand and last longer on the other hand …
    12-06-19 03:39 PM
    I mean did anybody buy a cheap replacement physical keyboard from eBay for both the keyone and the key 2 and tear it apart to see what the heck they did to make it fail so often on the one hand and last longer on the other hand …
    Lol I haven't but it seems that they are assembled very differently.
    12-06-19 03:43 PM
    Lol I haven't but it seems that they are assembled very differently.
    Does the PKB differ betwixt the K² and K²LE ?? Is the LE capacitive layer physically a cent or is it there crippled? Anyone know?
    12-06-19 05:14 PM
    AT&T KEYone is still receiving security updates. None of the other variants are. For personal.use, I wouldn't worry about it, but it might matter in a work context.

Both the KEYone And KEY2 are running Oreo with no more version upgrades likely.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    12-06-19 05:28 PM
    Does the PKB differ betwixt the K² and K²LE ?? Is the LE capacitive layer physically a cent or is it there crippled? Anyone know?
    Yeah they're completely different there too.

The LE keyboard key shape is basically the KEYone's but with a matte finish and 10% bigger and without the capacitive sensors.

The KEY2's keyboard is different than both of them
    12-07-19 07:18 PM
    Actually some apps (like photo editing apps) are kinda slow to navigate with keyone. I kinda feel like it'll crash anytime but I'm glad no crash has ever happened to me. I happy though about this phone. Love also cus it's very clicky. Love the click sound while I'm typing.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-08-19 01:30 AM
    Which K² or K²LE is troubled ?
    12-08-19 08:53 AM
    Actually some apps (like photo editing apps) are kinda slow to navigate with keyone. I kinda feel like it'll crash anytime but I'm glad no crash has ever happened to me. I happy though about this phone. Love also cus it's very clicky. Love the click sound while I'm typing.
    The click sound is a feature that is activated or disactivated in settings.
    12-08-19 08:54 AM
26 12