I have been using button remapper to set long press shortcuts from any screen.

It worked flawlessly until I tried to set my shift key to open up the recent apps screen. It for some reason automatically disables itself (permission is set to "off" in accessibility) after a few uses. Turning it back on it accessibility allows it to work for a short time, then it will turn itself off again.

Anyone else seeing this or have a solution? Confirmed on my K1 and my wife's.
    06-15-17 05:58 PM
    This is the first time that I've heard of this app and I'm intrigued. So Buttons Remapper allows you to assign shortcuts to any key but the main difference is you don't have to be on the home screen for it to work?

Does it work with Nova Launcher?
    06-15-17 06:16 PM
    It works with all launchers. This is the first time I've ever had an issue with it. My wife's recent/square button has been acting up so I tried to set the right shift key as recents on hers. It worked for only a few minutes until "remap buttons" accessibility set itself to off. Same happened to me on my K1 when I tried to set the right shift as recents. I've had the app working fine for two weeks before this with the space bar set to home and the X key set to camera.
    06-15-17 06:20 PM
    Im using nova and as soon as a key os pressed the universal search comes up- how did you bypass that?
    06-16-17 05:21 AM
    I wonder if we can remap a button to answer/decline a call..
    06-16-17 05:33 AM
    Im using nova and as soon as a key os pressed the universal search comes up- how did you bypass that?
    Set it as a long press.
    06-16-17 05:45 AM
    The universal search still comes up. Ive set S long press to a speed dial but as soon as it is pressed the search pops up. Im on the home screen of nova. Even paid for button remapper but couldn't get past this. Just can't make a speed dial work and thats what I'm using the shortcuts for!
    06-16-17 06:23 AM
    I don't think it works well. If I set short press, anytime I type that letter, the action takes over.

I wish for it to work only on Nova home screen only
    06-16-17 06:37 AM