There must some consideration to the placement of the keys, in relation to other hardware inside the phone. But how much leeway do companies have, when deciding where to place buttons?

The KEYone is the first phone that I've owned where the power button is not on the top of the phone.

For those who've taken apart a KEYone (or a KEY2, since it's power button is also on a side), is there anything inside the phone that would have prevented them from placing it at the top? Or was this a choice based on other considerations?
    09-26-18 10:08 AM
    A lot of people talked about the Keyone's power button but I have no issues with it. I don't find it to be a inconvenience. Then I realised that my DTEK 50 was designed the same way.

Blackberry always have a funky way in designing their hardware.
    09-26-18 10:42 AM
    There must some consideration to the placement of the keys, in relation to other hardware inside the phone. But how much leeway do companies have, when deciding where to place buttons?

The KEYone is the first phone that I've owned where the power button is not on the top of the phone.

For those who've taken apart a KEYone (or a KEY2, since it's power button is also on a side), is there anything inside the phone that would have prevented them from placing it at the top? Or was this a choice based on other considerations?
    The majority of manufacturers no longer place the power button on top. My LG G3, LG G5, LG G6, Nokia Lumia 950, Essential PH-1, and BlackBerry KeyOne all have their power buttons on the side (except the LG G3 and G5. Those were on the back.). Apple hasn't had the power button on top since the iPhone 6 debuted.

The manufacturer can place the buttons wherever they want. As mentioned above, LG was even putting the volume and power buttons on the back of the device. The main reason for placing the buttons on the sides, though, is due to the size of the average human hand in comparison to the average size of mobile phones. Most of the time, while holding the phone comfortably, you can't reach the top of the device easily.
    09-26-18 10:54 AM