Any cases available that only cover the edges for drop protection? Or has anyone successfully modded a case to make it edges only? Don't want to lose the soft touch back...
    11-19-17 09:57 AM
    Try the OEM soft shell, it has the same pattern, as the phone itself.
    Xmeatizmurderx likes this.
    11-19-17 10:05 AM
    thanks I will go with that one
    11-19-17 10:17 AM
    hmm... seems to be vaporware
    11-19-17 10:54 AM
    Try the OEM soft shell, it has the same pattern, as the phone itself.
    This case is really hard to find though. I can't find it anywhere online within the U.S.

11-19-17 11:32 AM
    OK what about the OEM dual layer shell? I've been using this one for some time now, quite like it.
    11-19-17 02:03 PM
    OK what about the OEM dual layer shell? I've been using this one for some time now, quite like it.
    Does it have a good feel to it? I just don't want to completely lose the feel of my keyone but I know if I don't get a case I will destroy it
    11-19-17 06:05 PM
    Does it have a good feel to it? I just don't want to completely lose the feel of my keyone but I know if I don't get a case I will destroy it
    It's really smooth. I love the feel of the keyone back so I just use a pouch.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-19-17 06:26 PM
    The dual layer shell has a soft touch polyurethane outer surface. This feels like the outer surface of many laptops and other electronics today. It is smooth but it does provide for some grip. What I like about it is that it retains it's shape well, keeping it's edges straight, unlike a TPU/silicone/rubber skin that may not have perfectly straight edges (but often better grip).
    11-19-17 09:43 PM
    The dual layer shell has a soft touch polyurethane outer surface. This feels like the outer surface of many laptops and other electronics today. It is smooth but it does provide for some grip. What I like about it is that it retains it's shape well, keeping it's edges straight, unlike a TPU/silicone/rubber skin that may not have perfectly straight edges (but often better grip).
    Yeah I'm not a fan of rubbery TPU but I think I could deal with the soft touch poly. Since it's made by BlackBerry I guess I can trust it not to be too cheap feeling
    11-19-17 09:49 PM
    skinomi skins are nice. I've orders one but the delivery time is long.
    11-19-17 11:25 PM
    Any cases available that only cover the edges for drop protection? Or has anyone successfully modded a case to make it edges only? Don't want to lose the soft touch back...

I modified this case
    https://www.amazon.ca/Blackberry-Sil...UvbUpU13076160

I took the clear plastic out. Just slowly and gently peel the rubber away from the hard clear plastic. Then I used an x-acto knife to cut away the upper rubber where it says 'auto focus' and made the thickness uniform all around the perimeter.

I also used the knife to cut along either side of the button rockers. This makes pressing the buttons much easier.

I've dropped the phone a bunch of times on various surfaces, (cement from 4-5ft) and the bumper works perfect. I would only replace it if someone came out with an actual bumper.
    11-19-17 11:47 PM
    I modified this case
    https://www.amazon.ca/Blackberry-Sil...UvbUpU13076162

I took the clear plastic out. Just slowly and gently peel the rubber away from the hard clear plastic. Then I used an x-acto knife to cut away the upper rubber where it says 'auto focus' and made the thickness uniform all around the perimeter.

I also used the knife to cut along either side of the button rockers. This makes pressing the buttons much easier.

I've dropped the phone a bunch of times on various surfaces, (cement from 4-5ft) and the bumper works perfect. I would only replace it if someone came out with an actual bumper.
    Do you happen to have a picture? Thanks.
    11-19-17 11:59 PM
    I splurged on a Tetded case, I like!
    11-20-17 02:38 AM
    I modified this case
    https://www.amazon.ca/Blackberry-Sil...UvbUpU13076274

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!
    11-20-17 06:51 AM
    Have you checked out the Incipio cases for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ? They have great drop protection and have different styles available.
    11-20-17 08:56 AM
    Have you checked out the Incipio cases for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ? They have great drop protection and have different styles available.
    Incipio does not make a bumper case. A bumper case is something that only protects the perimeter of the phone.

https://www.incipio.com/cases/smartp...one-cases.html
    11-20-17 11:05 AM
    You can find the Blackberry bumper case at BH Photo video in the USA

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...UvbUpU13076505
    11-20-17 12:00 PM
    This case is really hard to find though. I can't find it anywhere online within the U.S.

Yep that is way i bought the Ringke case.
    11-20-17 07:58 PM
    You can find the Blackberry bumper case at BH Photo video in the USA

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...UvbUpU13077090
    i dont think thats the one hes talking about. thats the dual layer. this is the soft shell case:

Bumper case for KEYone?-capture.jpg
    11-21-17 08:34 AM