I'm bummed, so many of u reported KEYONE demo phones at USA Best Buys.

None within 250 miles have a demo.

Just outside Charlotte, NC which is not your average size town, America's second largest banking center outside of Manhattan.

I took time to educate two sales clerks about K1 by demo-ing the key board on my PPSE.

Oh well, not surprised... shrug.

EndRacism
    06-06-17 01:36 PM
    I'm bummed, so many of u reported KEYONE demo phones at USA Best Buys.

None within 250 miles have a demo.

Just outside Charlotte, NC which is not your average size town, America's second largest banking center outside of Manhattan.

I took time to educate two sales clerks about K1 by demo-ing the key board on my PPSE.

Oh well, not surprised... shrug.

EndRacism
    Add to that not a SINGLE store in Chicago has any on display either?!
    06-06-17 01:37 PM
    The stores I frequent in NYC don't have them either but I haven't hit all 5 stores.
    06-06-17 01:58 PM
    Yeah, the store display thing stinks. The employee thing DOES NOT surprise me at all.

Best Buy employee doesn't have the best track record for having knowledgeable employees.
    phuoc likes this.
    06-06-17 01:59 PM
    It's one of those things, I want to physically see and touch one before I make a blind commitment and sell/get rid of my iOS device.
    06-06-17 02:03 PM
    It's one of those things, I want to physically see and touch one before I make a blind commitment and sell/get rid of my iOS device.
    totally understandable. Store displays aren't the best way to do it, either. They have the huge things on the back and all that. Put an order in with Amazon and if you don't like it return it? (though I think you will!)
    06-06-17 02:04 PM
    totally understandable. Store displays aren't the best way to do it, either. They have the huge things on the back and all that. Put an order in with Amazon and if you don't like it return it? (though I think you will!)
    06-06-17 02:04 PM
    No Keyone within 250 miles as well and I'm in the Los Angeles basin. Sad rollout :-(
    06-06-17 02:21 PM
    Completely agree. Handling it at the store won't do it justice. Using it for a week or two, customizing it to your liking, and having your fingers become familiar with the pkb, will be a more fulfilling decision. If disliked, returning it via Amazon is not a problem. Also agree, if you are already considering it for the many reasons we all did, you will definitely like it.
    06-06-17 02:24 PM
    Completely agree. Handling it at the store won't do it justice. Using it for a week or two, customizing it to your liking, and having your fingers become familiar with the pkb, will be a more fulfilling decision. If disliked, returning it via Amazon is not a problem. Also agree, if you are already considering it for the many reasons we all did, you will definitely like it.
    I've been around Blackberry and used every variant practically since 2002, I know the feels and in/outs well, I know what works for me is simply physically feeling it in hand..and a store demo would do that.
    06-06-17 02:48 PM
    I plugged in every major city in US on BestBuy just last night, and none of them said it was available in 250 miles. Wondering if their stock is completely drained or if the website is broken. Or if they just enabled that feature to keep us all happy and reduce the amount of calls to their support center lol.

 C L A S S I C
    06-06-17 03:01 PM
    Just checked and none available within 250 miles of the Detroit area and it also says no shipping available? How are we supposed to buy one?
    06-06-17 03:02 PM
    I made the blind jump from iOS (iPhone 6s) to the K1. I posted this elsewhere to someone who was considering making the swtich as well, I'll share with you too.

To provide a little background on how I use my phones: I use them primarily for messaging, emails, social media, reading, occasional YouTube / Netflix watching, and simple games to pass the time while I'm on the train. Pretty much in that order.

What's important for me is multitasking. I like to hop from reading a news article to jumping on Google to search something, to quickly catch up on emails or messages then back to reading the article. I don't want to jump through hoops to do so. I also like a clean interface, and I guess I would call myself a tweak geek. I would spend hours in settings to get everything the way I like it. I should control my phone - my phone shouldn't control me.

With that being said. I liked iOS, and I've been with Apple since the iPhone 4. I think I went back to the Blackberry at one point but went back to the iPhone because, well, they had apps. I'm completely new to the Android OS. But what I like about the K1 is that I made it look and feel like my iPhone. The home screen layout with my apps are all the same; my folders are all where they were, and so on. That made it very easy to get myself acclimated. Another thing about iOS that I liked was the fact that it just worked, but Android is pretty much on that level now.

Over the years (since my iPhone 4), I started relying more on Google apps. Gmail, Maps, Drive, etc., and I started getting bored with the iPhone and spent more time jailbreaking my phone to tweak to the point where it has become an Android phone. On top of that, I really, REALLY wanted a physical keyboard again. I'm one of those people that don't have a laptop or home computer. My phone needs to handle all of my daily tasks and also last. (I had to go to a work conference for a couple of days and spent most of my time at the charging stations with other iPhone users because our battery couldn't last past 3 pm with all of our heavy texting and emails.) After that, I called it quits on my iPhone, and made the switch to the K1.

My experience so far - I love it. The phone is exactly for me. It works, it handles everything that's needed to be done. I can bang out emails on the fly without putting them off until I get near a computer. I enjoy the keyboard, the customization, the screen, the camera, everything about it - except for the fact that I wish the headphone jack were on the bottom. With multitasking, it's a lot easier on this device. Settings up the wazoo. All of it. It's a complete package. But like every other review tells you, the phone has to be for you to enjoy it thoroughly. If you're into graphic heavy games or binge-watching House of Cards on your phone - though you can do with ease, there are better options for you. This phone is perfect if you are looking to get s*** done.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    06-06-17 03:09 PM
    Well, I disagree partially, every ones hands are different sizes. Getting a rudimentary feel for the phone size, the pkb action and size and how they personally feel, not unlike a pair of shoes, at least for me. Also, if a person hasn't experienced Android, yes there are a few, and even those who have, certainly would want to see how it's handled with the BB influence. But I do agree partially, chances are going to be most will not be able to get a hands on before purchase, so as u say, buy, use it, if not happy, send it back within the anything goes return period.
    06-06-17 03:20 PM
    Typical BB way of launching a New Phone.......NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING DO THE DUMB ASSES IN THE CORPORATE OFFICE EVEN KNOW THE WORD "ADVERTISING"???????????????????????

i AM A BB FAN BUT THE CRAP THEY HAVE BEEN PUTTING OUT AND CRAP SERVICE REMINDS ME OF THE US AUTO COMPANY'S FROM THE 70'S-80'S WERE TRASH.

I GUESS THATS THE DEAL NOW "CRAP"
    06-06-17 03:41 PM