Just received a notification today that Google Pay will no longer work... :-( Only for online payments now... Phone is unlocked and noticed I have a device not certified indication in Google Play Store... Anyone else have this? Guess I won't be able to use Google Pay anymore... Says phone doesn't meet software standards... Maybe this build is not supposed to be on my UK handset?
    11-17-19 04:08 AM
    Fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling Google Pay... Device is still not certified in the Play Store though...
    11-19-19 01:48 PM
    And... Google pay again not working... Will have to factory reset my phone I guess... I assume ABY299 is not certified for UK KeyOne's... :-(
    11-20-19 04:39 PM
    this will happen when you use a SW that's not "supposed" to be on your device. SW version control is part of payment card industry compliance.
    11-20-19 05:43 PM
    this will happen when you use a SW that's not "supposed" to be on your device. SW version control is part of payment card industry compliance.
    That's what I thought, thanks...
    11-21-19 10:02 AM
    Some legit manufacturer builds for a phone can be uncertified too. The manufacturer has to submit and ask for that certification for each specific built. That is why beta firmware are rarely certified as they are temporary builds that comming from the manufacturer itself and installed by OTA. If Telus/TCL from which this update comes from didn't ask for this specific built to be certified it won't be as even being an oficial built, for Google is not. If previous autoloader used to be certified and this one is not is because of that, and not necessarily by the mismatching of models.
    Grungni likes this.
    11-21-19 12:13 PM
    And... Google pay again not working... Will have to factory reset my phone I guess... I assume ABY299 is not certified for UK KeyOne's... :-(
    A factory reset only clears user data. It doesn't revert to an older OS.
    Grungni likes this.
    11-21-19 12:55 PM
    A factory reset only clears user data. It doesn't revert to an older OS.
    Ah... Thanks for that... Will have to live with it then...
    11-21-19 12:57 PM
    Had to go back to ABT975 for that very reason...knowing the devices won't get new updates anyhow just makes it a no brainer for me: pre-last OS version with Google Pay working vs. the last OS version (which is going to be dated soon anyway) and no GP...
    11-27-19 04:30 PM