It seems that once in a while the keyboard gets hijacked. Here's what happens:

1. Quite suddenly, while typing, you think that things are going crazy. Text gets deleted and auto prediction adds new text, etc. It's like the cursor and keyboard are controlled by someone else.

2. You then let go and stop all activity. Now you notice that the screen content is going up then down, etc. All happens quite eratically.

A re-start seems to set it right until some days later, when the phenomenon repeats itself, adding to my frustration.

Any idea what this could be caused by??
    I use a BB100-7 (Dual SIM KEYone Black Special Edition, India) running the latest Oreo 8.1.0 with version ABG076
    10-04-18 10:09 PM
    Do you have any sticking keys, maybe?
    Perhaps massaging the keyboard will help, or go through each key one by one and see if they all respond the same way or if somthing unusual is triggered.
    10-05-18 02:32 PM
    Do you have any sticking keys, maybe?
    Perhaps massaging the keyboard will help, or go through each key one by one and see if they all respond the same way or if somthing unusual is triggered.
    I agree with the massage. Maybe light a few candles and pop open a bottle of champagne.

You can try disabling the swipe gestures. It's likely those that are buggin' out and causing strange happenings. You can find it in the keyboard settings.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    10-05-18 03:05 PM
    It seems that once in a while the keyboard gets hijacked. Here's what happens:

1. Quite suddenly, while typing, you think that things are going crazy. Text gets deleted and auto prediction adds new text, etc. It's like the cursor and keyboard are controlled by someone else.

2. You then let go and stop all activity. Now you notice that the screen content is going up then down, etc. All happens quite eratically.

A re-start seems to set it right until some days later, when the phenomenon repeats itself, adding to my frustration.

Any idea what this could be caused by??
    I use a BB100-7 (Dual SIM KEYone Black Special Edition, India) running the latest Oreo 8.1.0 with version ABG076
    Try a factory reset (yea a pia).
    If that doesn't solve it send a issue report using the Support Center app.
    10-05-18 03:27 PM
    I agree with the massage. Maybe light a few candles and pop open a bottle of champagne.

You can try disabling the swipe gestures. It's likely those that are buggin' out and causing strange happenings. You can find it in the keyboard settings.
    What? No bubble bath? ☺
    10-05-18 05:54 PM
    What? No bubble bath? ☺
    Only if the keys agree.
    10-05-18 06:01 PM
    Try a factory reset (yea a pia).
    If that doesn't solve it send a issue report using the Support Center app.
    A "factory reset" is a rather harsh step.
    (Thanks for writing!)

Simone else suggests to try "turning off swipes" in keyboard settings first... maybe followed by turning them on again?!

Fact is, the last time this occurred was just yesterday. It took two swith-offs and one restart to get the phenomenon to stop. Right now, all's working well.

I was always so confident with the Passport but this is the second thing on the KEYone that has shaken my confidence.

Sent from my BBB100-7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-05-18 08:36 PM

Thanks.
    Will try turn off the swipe gestures and then turning them on again the next time the phenomenon occurs.

Sent from my BBB100-7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-05-18 08:38 PM
    Never thought of this, let alone trying the "massage" ... wow, that's a true doctor-like suggestion.
    :-)

When the phenomenon re-occurs, which it certainly will, I will try this out. Thanks!
    10-05-18 08:50 PM