Anyone ever had the earpiece speaker of their KeyOne stop working? Only way I can hear someone on a phone call is if I go to speakerphone mode.
    I dropped the phone fairly recently, but it was only a couple feet and I can't remember if I dropped it before or after the last time the ear speaker was working.

Any fixes to this or ideas?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-14-18 08:37 PM
    Same here! Looking for a fix...
    03-14-18 08:57 PM
    Well, dropping a phone does not necessarily break something but it might. So it is hard to decide - just plain hardware failure or damage.

You can try the Support Center app or try and download BB Virtual Expert and run its/their speaker tests.

But also, any new apps that might have commandeered the speaker?
    03-14-18 09:08 PM
    Well, dropping a phone does not necessarily break something but it might. So it is hard to decide - just plain hardware failure or damage.

You can try the Support Center app or try and download BB Virtual Expert and run its/their speaker tests.

But also, any new apps that might have commandeered the speaker?
    No new apps other than some automatic updates. BB Virtual Expert isn't compatible with either the KeyOne or the fact that I'm on Verizon. Don't know which is causing the issue there. I'll try calling Blackberry support tomorrow and see what they have to say.
    03-14-18 09:18 PM
    I found the APK to download as a workaround. Audio Test for the receiver audio in the ear failed.
    03-14-18 09:27 PM
    Same issue with my K1, i had tried most recommended tricks without results....
    03-14-18 09:38 PM
    Well, warranty might be possible - depending on what is admitted or claimed, I guess.
    03-15-18 12:05 AM
    Hello, I've got the same issue, since 2 days now, on my K1 Indian Black Edition :-(
    03-17-18 02:57 AM
    I've just noticed in listening carefully that the speaker works but with a very low volume.
    03-18-18 02:17 AM
    And suddenly, it works fine this morning after 2 updates: Google Text to speech and BB productivity tab... Hope the same for you guys
    03-18-18 11:13 PM
    Which updates. Mine is doing the same thing. And I have not dropped the phone. However, was listening to music on bluetooth headset last night
    03-19-18 12:52 PM
    Yup replaced one on my Keyone. Said they heard it was a problem on theses phones.
    03-19-18 04:33 PM
    I just found out mine broke a few hours ago, I can't hear anything when calling!!!

I only dropped it from like 1.5 feet high, landed on the back side and it had a case on. I don't understand how such a small drop completely broke the damn thing. I defended this phone so much before but I've about had it with the silver KEYone. A speakerphone is not supposed to break with such a small drop. Now I'm forced to put on headphones to make a call...
    04-08-18 06:30 AM
    Mine did the same thing just randomly. I couldn't hear calls. Audio test worked fine. I did a long reboot or whatever it's called...held down power button for 35 seconds or so and it was fixed. Sure better than a warranty return.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-18 10:25 AM
    Mine did the same thing just randomly. I couldn't hear calls. Audio test worked fine. I did a long reboot or whatever it's called...held down power button for 35 seconds or so and it was fixed. Sure better than a warranty return.
    I just did that twice and still no good. I don't understand how a 1.5 foot drop on its back with a case on can just kill the earpiece
    04-08-18 11:38 AM
    Same issue here. no drops. My screen has also fallen off. I have tape holding my screen in place.
    04-08-18 03:41 PM
    My BB Motion is not only working on speakerphone unless it is in Bluetooth mode in the car - the on off feature for the speakerphone feature does nothing when you touch it - the sound will just blip and it stays on speaker. I have tried test calls, etc, etc and nothing worked.

I found the suggestion about the 32 second reset on here and it worked! Get a timer and hold down the on/off/reset button for 32 seconds exactly.

Same issue here. no drops. My screen has also fallen off. I have tape holding my screen in place.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-27-18 11:47 AM
    Finally got around to repairing my keyone . Bought a replacement speaker from eBay and read the ifixit guide to access the speaker. https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/BlackBe...assembly/92149

Key notes. My heat gun actually melted the top piece. It is made of plastic. Luckily I have a case in my phone and it isn't really seen.

I'm happy now. I have been answering my calls on speaker phone for months now. Finally using it normally again and speaker works great!
    06-03-18 02:47 PM
    I talk a lot and never let the interlocutor get a word in edgewise, so I don't know if my earpiece speaker works... MDR ... just use the speakerphone and never stop blabbing
    06-03-18 03:13 PM