Told me what? I never said that it's impossible to get to that point, but that the way it is implemented RIGHT NOW it doesn't have that function of the trackpad.

I hope they put this in their next update though, would make losing the dedicated trackpad slightly less painful. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    You argued with me then, and now. Care to explain why the enter key still isn't viable?
    02-21-17 10:21 PM
    You argued with me then, and now. Care to explain why the enter key still isn't viable?
    Because it's used for other things...

For example, the click of the trackpad can be used to show the choices for corrected spelling when you see a word with the red underline. You simply move the cursor to anywhere within the highlighted word, and click, then select. With the enter key... well, it'll insert another line like it's supposed to do...

And who is arguing? I'm simply stating my opinion then, and stating the fact of what I've stated before now. There is no appearance of any argument. :-)

02-21-17 10:25 PM
    Because it's used for other things...

For example, the click of the trackpad can be used to show the choices for corrected spelling when you see a word with the red underline. You simply move the cursor to anywhere within the highlighted word, and click, then select. With the enter key... well, it'll insert another line like it's supposed to do...

And who is arguing? I'm simply stating my opinion then, and stating the fact of what I've stated before now. There is no appearance of any argument. :-)

I expect it will be multi-function. Left shift, right shift or enter. Step outside the box, and see the light.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-21-17 10:32 PM
    This pointer mode is sweeeeet. Maybe they can come up with other toggle mechanisms that don't take a dedicated button. A key combo? Five taps on the pkb? ...
    02-21-17 11:28 PM
    The wheel was on the side of the phone and you wold rotate it up and down with your thumb to scroll through pages or lines of text. Pushing it inward did something too but I forgot what that was. I agree about the track pad. I had no issues with it on my 9800 Torch. The capacitive keyboard is a good replacement for both.
    Push was Select/Enter.
    Tim-ANC and Carjackd like this.
    02-22-17 12:02 AM
    Not sure in which forum this belongs to but now that we have a physical keyboard coming back from ths ashes how about bringing back the famous tracker wheel....scroll & select much like an ordinary computer mouse! I used to love that wheel...
    The spinning hourglass was also very common back then Do we want it back also?
    02-22-17 05:37 AM
    That was a key element in the BlackBerry productivity plan. You had opportunity to do something IRL, while waiting for your phone to respond.
    02-22-17 06:09 AM
    Funny... I had a discussion a couple weeks back about how the spinning hour glass could have evolved and I'm pretty sure based on my friends discussion you and most men would have been good with that. Although I can't really post here the discussion
    02-22-17 07:03 AM
    Funny... I had a discussion a couple weeks back about how the spinning hour glass could have evolved and I'm pretty sure based on my friends discussion you and most men would have been good with that. Although I can't really post here the discussion
    I had a custom timer, the likes of which cannot be discussed here.
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-22-17 07:11 AM
    Trackpad is good, trackball is horrible.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 09:52 AM
    I expect it will be multi-function. Left shift, right shift or enter. Step outside the box, and see the light.
    I guess you didn't see the video? The click function is simply by tapping on the keyboard once you have the cursor where you want it. That already solves the problem, no need to worry about the enter key, shift, space, etc...

I like that implementation and wish they release that with the Nougat update on the Mercury.

02-23-17 10:40 AM
    This pointer mode is sweeeeet. Maybe they can come up with other toggle mechanisms that don't take a dedicated button. A key combo? Five taps on the pkb? ...
    I would like that. Maybe not 5 taps, lol, I think a double tap or at most triple would work.

02-23-17 10:41 AM
    Trackpad is good, trackball is horrible.

Posted via CB10
    +1

02-23-17 10:42 AM
    I guess you didn't see the video? The click function is simply by tapping on the keyboard once you have the cursor where you want it. That already solves the problem, no need to worry about the enter key, shift, space, etc...

I like that implementation and wish they release that with the Nougat update on the Mercury.

So you don't like the idea of having a left click, and a right click?
    02-23-17 10:43 AM
    I would like that. Maybe not 5 taps, lol, I think a double tap or at most triple would work.

It's not a maple, even if it is Canadian.
    02-23-17 10:59 AM
    So you don't like the idea of having a left click, and a right click?
    I do, but the shift keys are used for other things... Feel like I've said this before, haha. But anyway, if they can figure out a way to do it without interfering with anything else, I hope they do it. :-)

02-23-17 11:10 AM

It's not a maple, even if it is Canadian.
    Mmmmmmmm, maple syrup...

BigBadWulf likes this.
    02-23-17 11:11 AM
    I do, but the shift keys are used for other things... Feel like I've said this before, haha. But anyway, if they can figure out a way to do it without interfering with anything else, I hope they do it. :-)

Trapped within the limits of your imagination, whilst I keep trying to take you to the twilight zone.

Wasn't it you who spoke of innovation so eloquently recently?
    02-23-17 11:23 AM
    Trapped within the limits of your imagination, whilst I keep trying to take you to the twilight zone.

Wasn't it you who spoke of innovation so eloquently recently?
    Well, single tap for left click and double tap for right click? Or maybe tap and hold so it's the same as a long press on the screen? I'm all for innovation, as long as it doesn't negatively affect what works fine now...

02-23-17 11:31 AM
94 ... 234