02-23-17 11:31 AM
94 123 ...
tools
    Not sure in which forum this belongs to but now that we have a physical keyboard coming back from ths ashes how about bringing back the famous tracker wheel....scroll & select much like an ordinary computer mouse! I used to love that wheel...
    BigBadWulf, tecal4 and wldcrd like this.
    02-19-17 11:25 AM
    No! Nothing but problems! Can't even count the number of devices I returned due to faulty track wheels and the ball.
    02-19-17 11:58 AM
    Are you kidding me? The track ball AND track pad were ginormous pieces of crap. Touch screen is world's better.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Gigolo69 and BergerKing like this.
    02-19-17 12:24 PM
    No! Nothing but problems! Can't even count the number of devices I returned due to faulty track wheels and the ball.
    Don't forget trying to replace it on your own!
    Carjackd and john_v like this.
    02-19-17 12:28 PM
    Are you kidding me? The track ball AND track pad were ginormous pieces of crap. Touch screen is world's better.

Posted via CB10 Passport
    I rather enjoyed the trackpad on my 9930, the trackballs previously were OK until they got dirt in the works - Defender cases back then left that open and unprotected, so it was only a matter of time until they started getting hard to maneuver.
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-19-17 12:31 PM
    The track Pad on the priv works well. Don't miss the ball
    02-19-17 12:37 PM
    NO!!
    02-19-17 12:46 PM
    The track Pad on the priv works well. Don't miss the ball
    Track pad on Priv?
    02-19-17 12:47 PM
    Don't forget trying to replace it on your own!
    You got that right...its a piece of BlackBerry /Rim history that needs to remain in the record books
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    02-19-17 12:52 PM
    I rather enjoyed the trackpad on my 9930, the trackballs previously were OK until they got dirt in the works - Defender cases back then left that open and unprotected, so it was only a matter of time until they started getting hard to maneuver.
    The dirt..oh my lord. I still refer to cleaning it out like cleaning out belly button lint
    Thud Hardsmack, FF22 and john_v like this.
    02-19-17 12:53 PM
    touch screen:
    -impossible to hit links without zooming first.
    -no one hand phone control.
    -random phone calls
    -random texts
    -random widget adding and vanishing while phone is in trouser pocket. same for app icons.
    -random hitting accept 400MB update while on 3G

just to illustrate how much "better" and fun a touch screen is.

really like to use two fingers and zoom on the touchscreen. actually the only thing really good about a touchscreen

to claim its better than trackpad? nope doesnt match with Priv/Classic/9810/9900/Curve usage reality.

9810 trackpad ran another 2 years after a toilet dip so quite solid piece of engineering it seems actually.

never had a trackball BB. have seen colleagues curse it though.

so yes please, please add toolbelt including trackpad. people who dont like trackpad than can use it as "circle" android button.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-19-17 12:53 PM
    Track pad on Priv?
    The keyboard that slides out functions as one
    02-19-17 01:05 PM
    Still very much using the trackpad on my Classic. I don't miss the trackBall at all but touch screen is no replacement
    02-19-17 01:06 PM
    The keyboard that slides out functions as one
    That's a capacitive keyboard, which Merc has, not a track pad.
    02-19-17 01:11 PM
    I guess trackpad function in my PPSE is good enough. Maybe not good as a classic one. What I miss the most is call end and answer buttons. I really prefer to have it more than any other buttons from the classic toolbelt.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2205
    02-19-17 01:24 PM
    I love the track pad on my classic...no wheel and it's great.
    I remember cleaning that lil wheel with a tiny brush and a pick to get the crudd off during my breaks.
    Just amazing how much hair and sticky goo that thing could hold...ick!

Done on BlackBerry Classic, Rip Z10, RIP BlackBerry 10
    02-19-17 01:27 PM
    Absolutely loved the track pad on my 9900 and Classic!!!

A trackpad and tool belt would be an awesome surprise on the Mercury! Ain't gonna happen but fun to think about.....
    02-19-17 01:31 PM

Posted via CB10 Passport
    Lol, weird I can do things faster with the trackpad/touchscreen combo than my friends with all-touch phones... I guess ginormous pieces of crap that work still work...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-19-17 01:59 PM
    That's a capacitive keyboard, which Merc has, not a track pad.
    Thank you, so many people keep equating the two when they do not equate...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-19-17 02:01 PM
    I wouldn't say no in seeing a trackpad and physical nav keys on future BlackBerry android devices.

I can hear the cries of screen real estate but the need for precision was always something I've enjoyed.

Thankfully on my GF's pixel on hard to touch links it does magnify them slightly (not all the time) and that seems to work. Though like a lot of things on android, there's more steps...

Just want to reiterate, the trackpad is not a POS and works really well on the devices I've had - 9780, torch, classic. Much better than the trackball on the 9000

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 02:09 PM
    I actually referred to the side track wheel on the original blackberries, not the trackball or the trackpad but I guess trackpad return can be nice! Certainly not that trackball....that was / is definitely a no go...
    Sarek1701 likes this.
    02-19-17 03:01 PM
    Like that, for example!
    Attached Thumbnails Bring back the Track Wheel!-27421.jpg  
    02-19-17 03:03 PM
    I actually referred to the side track wheel on the original blackberries, not the trackball or the trackpad but I guess trackpad return can be nice! Certainly not that trackball....that was / is definitely a no go...
    Yes. The trackwheel was great for scrolling through and reading various emails, and then absolutely necessary for playing a game of Brickbreaker. Later I despised having dirty balls but the track pad wasn't so bad until it quit and then I'd have to replace it.
    02-19-17 03:11 PM

Posted via CB10 Passport
    I never had any issues with them. I wouldn't call them pieces of crap. Now I don't need to see one on the Mercury, that would be a stretch since it has the keyboard features, not because of the touch screen.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 03:38 PM
    Threads like this make me cringe.

Posted via CB10
    85_305 likes this.
    02-19-17 04:45 PM
94 123 ...