After using a Black KEYone (since November 2017) for 6 months, here's my take on it:

Use-case:
    Here's how I use the KEYone -
    1. Reading & Writing long business emails (BB Hub)
    2. Listening to music and podcasts (Google Play Music, Podcast Addict)
    3. Watching the occasional video/movie (VLC)
    4. Reading PDFs and eBooks (Adobe Reader, FBreader)
    5. Apps for business (Firefox, Slack, WhatsApp, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneNote, Files)
    6. Taking photos etc.

As you can see, the KEYone serves me well for what I need it for. The physical keyboard, with capacitive support, works very well, and I have customised it with shortcuts and quick launch keys.

I also own an iPhone SE, and whilst that is a great device with it's own merits, it cannot hold a candle to the KEYone when it comes to text input.

Battery-wise, I leave the house with 100% at around 6+ am, and I don't charge the phone throughout the day. By the time I end my workday (usually around 7pm), I still have around 50% left, and that's with moderate to heavy usage (phone calls, WhatsApp, lots of emailing). I've disabled the Chrome browser, due to it being a battery hog.

As someone who has been using BB10 and BBOS for more than 8 years, I appreciate how BB has tried to improve the Hub to where it is in Android today. I find it superb to use - it's easy to compose/reply to emails, add attachments etc. The killer feature? The Filter function. It's easy to locate a particular email, with the myriad of available filtering options.

Overall, I'm very happy with the KEYone. Over here in Singapore, it was very difficult to acquire one through the telcos, as Apple and Samsung have them tied. For someone with my use case (primarily for work and communications), the physical keyboard cannot be beat).

Highly recommended. A niche device for niche power users.

For context, previous devices owned/used: Apple iPhone SE, BB Classic, Passport, Q10, Nokia Lumia 1020, 920, BB Bold 9870, Torch 9810, Curve 8250, iPhone 2G, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Treo 650, other Sony and Nokia feature phones.
    NightFire, FF22, the_boon and 1 others like this.
    05-08-18 10:56 PM
    My KeyOne is my primary work phone. I can go days without charging and trust me, I use it profusely. As much as I love my BB10 device, as time goes on, it cannot hold a candle. Besides battery life, my KeyOne allows me to adjust our POS system and create posters on the fly. From an email standpoint, my KeyOne and Q10 are equal. I have a Moto X4 that I picked up for cheap (for media consumption and exercise use), and although it is a nice device, I find myself perpetually surprised by the fact it is often dead when I go to use it. And I use it everyday. So, I say, to each their own. Find your needs, find your phone!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-09-18 12:04 AM
    Oh, and the Moto X4 has Oreo. Not so special to me. I hate the bright white backgrounds. Why, after all this time, can we not choose?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-18 12:05 AM
    Oh, and the Moto X4 has Oreo. Not so special to me. I hate the bright white backgrounds. Why, after all this time, can we not choose?

Posted via CB10
    Are you talking about the user interface such as the drop down notification and quick settings menu? I heard it's an annoying bright white in Oreo, I just hope BBAndroid's version won't be that way.
    05-09-18 03:58 AM
    Are you talking about the user interface such as the drop down notification and quick settings menu? I heard it's an annoying bright white in Oreo, I just hope BBAndroid's version won't be that way.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about--and as much as I would like to see BlackBerry go with something dark, the present track record doesn't lend itself to that. Meaning that BlackBerry's version of Android is rather vanilla. But yes, I'm with you in that sentiment.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-18 06:22 AM
    Good review - much the same uses and experiences for myself and I have just reached the 6 month point as well. The only thing I found was that Firefox was sluggish - so I went to Ovation to replace Chrome. Works well.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-09-18 08:35 AM