Its actually $399 in the new flyer but Staples is offering a $50 gift card if you purchase one. Starts Feb 27th in case anyone wants one.

Also, The Key2 is showing at $599 in the flyer but when you click on it, its actually for the Key2 LE. might be worth a shot trying the false advertising routine.
    02-25-19 11:53 AM
    Had hoped BBMo might talk about the life cycle of the KEYone at MWC.... I'd put that $350 into either the KEY2 or KEY2 LE at this point.
    02-25-19 12:20 PM
    Last week the K1 on Staples.ca was $249.99, now it's at $299.99. Worth it?
    06-19-19 03:17 PM
    who would buy it already EOL ?
    06-19-19 03:28 PM
    Last week the K1 on Staples.ca was $249.99, now it's at $299.99. Worth it?

I saw the $249 sale and there was a coupon code $10 off purchases $75 and over.

If it hits $199 than I think it's a great deal. The build quality and look of the Key 1 is excellent and with Oreo you should be able to get 2+ years of serviced with almost all the major apps.

If Conite's recent email with BlackBerry Mobile is any indication and security patches will continue for another year, great. For a call, text, email, instant messaging and some light app usage, it will be a very serviceable device. Using a mountain of apps with the 3 gigs of ram in 2020 might problematic but some light usage should last a while.

I'm still on BlackBerry 10 and will be for the foreseeable future but at $199 if they get down there, it will be tough to say no. Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-19 06:40 PM
    I saw the $249 sale and there was a coupon code $10 off purchases $75 and over.

If it hits $199 than I think it's a great deal. The build quality and look of the Key 1 is excellent and with Oreo you should be able to get 2+ years of serviced with almost all the major apps.

If Conite's recent email with BlackBerry Mobile is any indication and security patches will continue for another year, great. For a call, text, email, instant messaging and some light app usage, it will be a very serviceable device. Using a mountain of apps with the 3 gigs of ram in 2020 might problematic but some light usage should last a while.

I'm still on BlackBerry 10 and will be for the foreseeable future but at $199 if they get down there, it will be tough to say no. Fingers crossed!

Posted via CB10
    Just purchased a KEYone via staples as my price of $230 (w/$20 coupon) was all the enticement I needed. Always had the hankering to try a KEYone since first laid eyes on one so thought if there was a time to buy, it was now.

Got to say, thoroughly impressed w/it's build quality, appearance, feel in-hand, and performance... I'm not a super heavy mega-tasking user either so see no reason it's performance won't suffice for my needs. We're not a "must have" PKB kind of guy yet its fun to toy with I must say. Camera also restored my faith that there is actually a BB out there with a shooter capable enough to satisfy my needs LOL... Love my Motion but it's shooter was the main reason we demoted it from daily use to a backup.

Yeah it "may" no longer be supported yet dove in fully aware of that aspect. See no reason we can't get a reasonable amount of use/time out of the device though.
    the_boon and skilas like this.
    06-19-19 07:55 PM
    If I got Staples K1, what are the chances of it being an early build? I don't want to get a unit where the screen will pop out.
    06-19-19 09:45 PM
    Just purchased a KEYone via staples as my price of $230 (w/$20 coupon) was all the enticement I needed. Always had the hankering to try a KEYone since first laid eyes on one so thought if there was a time to buy, it was now.

Got to say, thoroughly impressed w/it's build quality, appearance, feel in-hand, and performance... I'm not a super heavy mega-tasking user either so see no reason it's performance won't suffice for my needs. We're not a "must have" PKB kind of guy yet its fun to toy with I must say. Camera also restored my faith that there is actually a BB out there with a shooter capable enough to satisfy my needs LOL... Love my Motion but it's shooter was the main reason we demoted it from daily use to a backup.

Yeah it "may" no longer be supported yet dove in fully aware of that aspect. See no reason we can't get a reasonable amount of use/time out of the device though.
    What's the build date?
    06-19-19 09:45 PM
    What's the build date?
    Typing into the dialer *#2886# shows my Date Code : ********. Read one post where it was state "refurbishment/replacement" yet unsure if that's actually true or not. Looked and felt brand new to me so dunno.
    06-19-19 10:09 PM
    who would buy it already EOL ?
    People that don't realize it's EOL or people that don't care about its EOL status probably will. It's still a collectors item in some respects because it's the last in house design from BlackBerry Ltd.

Support reps aren't always reliable when it comes to stuff like this, until an update is actually released or TCL releases an official statement I think it's easier to assume EOL and treat anything new as a bonus.
    06-19-19 11:53 PM
    For anyone interested, I just bought the KeyOne today for $249.97 at Staples minus 25% off. Came to $184.47 before HST.

It's on clearance.
    06-25-19 03:55 PM
    For anyone interested, I just bought the KeyOne today for $249.97 at Staples minus 25% off. Came to $184.47 before HST.

It's on clearance.
    Yeah I saw that the other day... strange they clearance the KEY2 and KEY2 LE before the KEYone.
    06-25-19 04:21 PM

It's on clearance.

I saw that the price was $249 and than I saw it went back up to $299 but this was a few days ago.

How did you land the 25% off and the $249 price?

I'm kinda considering it as my first BlackBerry Android for that price. I'm still on BlackBerry 10 and will be for the foreseeable future but my plan was always a Key 3 but who knows about that for now? At that price, the KEY 1 makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-19 04:42 PM
    I saw that the price was $249 and than I saw it went back up to $299 but this was a few days ago.

How did you land the 25% off and the $249 price?

I'm kinda considering it as my first BlackBerry Android for that price. I'm still on BlackBerry 10 and will be for the foreseeable future but my plan was always a Key 3 but who knows about that for now? At that price, the KEY 1 makes sense.

Posted via CB10
    Staples currently has 25% off clearance. Though the signs say "cellphones not included", it all depends on the customer service person you get.

$249 was only until the 18th I think. Since they're clearing them out, several places just left up the signs for the old price.

Attached is a photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Brand New Keyone @ Staples = 9.99 (Canada)-435651.jpg  
    06-25-19 06:36 PM
    Staples currently has 25% off clearance. Though the signs say "cellphones not included", it all depends on the customer service person you get.

$249 was only until the 18th I think. Since they're clearing them out, several places just left up the signs for the old price.

Attached is a photo.

Ok so this was an in store situation. I'll have a look and see if I can land it or spread the word to a few other friends.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-19 06:47 PM
    If I got Staples K1, what are the chances of it being an early build? I don't want to get a unit where the screen will pop out.
    Honestly I think the chances of that are pretty low.

I'd think that 97% of early silver KEYone's already had their screen pop out by now, the 3% remaining would be leftover stock that haven't yet been taken out of their box.
    KEYone production kept going until like June 2018 I believe.
    06-25-19 06:47 PM

Attached is a photo.
    What location is this?
    06-25-19 06:52 PM
    I bought a new unlocked Black Edition For $279 US about a month ago.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-25-19 07:09 PM
    Yup it'll definitely be a YMMV situation. Asked when bought mine a couple weeks ago and "nope" to the 25%.
    06-25-19 07:29 PM
    Can someone explain a little better what the 25% off clearance sale entails??

I'd look it up on my Passport but the browser won't allow the page to load! LOL. Maybe I need a KEY 1 quicker than I think!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-19 08:32 PM
    What location is this?
    This was the Oshawa Centre Staples location.
    06-25-19 10:37 PM
    Thanks for sharing the picture..I'm not sure what to think about a middle of the isle "Clearance" sign for the most iconic secured device out there.🤔 (Obviously the store is trying to get $$ and not have the devices collecting dust!) ..
    06-25-19 10:43 PM
    Can someone explain a little better what the 25% off clearance sale entails??

I'd look it up on my Passport but the browser won't allow the page to load! LOL. Maybe I need a KEY 1 quicker than I think!

Posted via CB10
    Staples had been having a general "25% off clearance" sale. So anything with a yellow "clearance" sticker. With a lot of exceptions. Computers not included. Cellphones not included. Bose products not included. Etc.

But, Staples has a reputation for being YMMV. In other words, some are strict, some don't care, and some don't know the difference.

I tried at one location the other day and they said no. I tried at the Bowmanville location today, and they said no problem. I went to the Oshawa location today, and they said no problem.

I think the price of the KeyOne is back up to $299.99. But, some places left on the $249.97 stickers. So when I went to buy one today, it rang up to $299.99. But when I mentioned they still had advertising showing $249.97, she had no problem making the adjustment. Then I asked about the clearance discount, and they said yes this would be included. So I got the extra discount.

On the other hand, at another location the Key2LE was discounted to $399.97, but they flat out said cellphones were not included in clearance rates...
    06-25-19 10:44 PM
    Staples had been having a general "25% off clearance" sale. So anything with a yellow "clearance" sticker. With a lot of exceptions. Computers not included. Cellphones not included. Bose products not included. Etc.

But, Staples has a reputation for being YMMV. In other words, some are strict, some don't care, and some don't know the difference.

I tried at one location the other day and they said no. I tried at the Bowmanville location today, and they said no problem. I went to the Oshawa location today, and they said no problem.

I think the price of the KeyOne is back up to $299.99. But, some places left on the $249.97 stickers. So when I went to buy one today, it rang up to $299.99. But when I mentioned they still had advertising showing $249.97, she had no problem making the adjustment. Then I asked about the clearance discount, and they said yes this would be included. So I got the extra discount.

On the other hand, at another location the Key2LE was discounted to $399.97, but they flat out said cellphones were not included in clearance rates...

Alright, sounds like a plan and worth trying a few different stores. I'm glad to hear you lucked out and landed a good deal!

Posted via CB10
    06-25-19 11:16 PM