I am not experiencing any lag with my original KEYone. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    LoL my wife also wonders why she always has as good of network as my Passport, when KEYone antenna is So Bad.

Typed on a beautiful piece of history
    05-01-18 11:33 PM
    I'm rocking the black edition, so it's snappy all around, and I'm very happy with it.....very fast.
    This. I got the black edition and its way faster than the silver one. The 1gig RAM more makes a huge difference at least with my setup.
    05-02-18 04:21 AM
    I've had the silver K1 for about 7 months now, I can confirm the phone WAS slower sometimes which was annoying. BUT ever since the last update (aax862) my phone is running WAY FASTER and using a whole gig less memory! I think they finally fixed the lag problem! Huzzah!
    Last edited by totalysexyguy; 05-02-18 at 02:41 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-02-18 12:50 PM
    KeyOne does stutter here and there at times even after a factory reset. It's never going to be as fast as snapdragon 800 series processors. I wouldn't call the keyone a fast phone by any means after being used to flagship devices with flagship specs. The snapdragon 625 is showing its age and key2 needs to come sooner rather than later
    05-04-18 02:42 AM
    KeyOne does stutter here and there at times even after a factory reset. It's never going to be as fast as snapdragon 800 series processors. I wouldn't call the keyone a fast phone by any means after being used to flagship devices with flagship specs. The snapdragon 625 is showing its age and key2 needs to come sooner rather than later
    625 is good for battery optimization and run normal app that not required high spec. It is user that Keyone servers

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    05-04-18 04:39 AM
    I use black edition and it doesn't lag at all.
    agreed! I have quite a few "prosumer apps" installed and it doesn't lag at all! love the black SE version! However the silver version with the exact same usage lagged horribly!
    05-04-18 06:34 AM
    agreed! I have quite a few "prosumer apps" installed and it doesn't lag at all! love the black SE version! However the silver version with the exact same usage lagged horribly!
    Black SE version? Black Silver Edition version? Lol
    05-04-18 07:06 AM
    Been using the silver edition on Verizon since release. Sometimes I'll run into MINOR lag issues but there is not way I would switch to a slab for an app to open quicker. The amount of emails and texts I'm able to send without depending on autocorrect or having to re-read them is the deciding factor for me. No virtual keyboard comes close.
    the_boon and FF22 like this.
    05-04-18 07:49 AM
    Sure it's far by not the fastest (black edition), I still think it's decent. I faced lagging very seldom, usually when using a Firefox, which is IMHO one big bug itself, haha. Snap625 is mid-range on the left hand, it also brings an excellent battery life on the second. This is a very good balance: you will hardly play games on the K1 (I do Angry Birds but doubt many do too). This is mainly a messaging phone, which is able to stay alive for 3+ days of active usage. I wouldn't trade that for a faster CPU, it wouldn't made sense to me, for a phone of this purpose. Hoping K2 won't be a step back!
    05-05-18 05:02 AM
    I bought a Blackberry Keyone a month ago. Absolutely loved the phone while I used it. The Keyboard is really good and the build quality is amazing.

I can confirm everything I heard on the reviews available on the internet.

However, despite all this I decided to get rid of it as fast as possible. Why?

-Phone is Slllllllllooooowwww and it lags badly. Pretty much every review mentions this and I confirm it. Lags big time. Even the phone app is just not quick enough for me. It lags, period.
    -Photo camera sucks big time. Say what you will but it´s just awful. I´m not that much into photos but the ones I took, ewwwww! Just not good.
    -Updates seem to be lagging.
    -Second generation is almost out there so I would loose a lot of money if I kept it.
    -Hub does not accept all application. I use ProtonMail and it doesnt integrate with BB hub.

So these factors made me sell the phone pretty quickly. I loved it, had fun with it but I had to cut my loses. I sold it for exactly the money I paid for it so no loss.

And you? Are you going to keep yours? How long have you had yours?
    Are you 12 years old?

This is all user error.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-06-18 01:08 AM
    Sure it's far by not the fastest (black edition), I still think it's decent. I faced lagging very seldom, usually when using a Firefox, which is IMHO one big bug itself, haha. Snap625 is mid-range on the left hand, it also brings an excellent battery life on the second. This is a very good balance: you will hardly play games on the K1 (I do Angry Birds but doubt many do too). This is mainly a messaging phone, which is able to stay alive for 3+ days of active usage. I wouldn't trade that for a faster CPU, it wouldn't made sense to me, for a phone of this purpose. Hoping K2 won't be a step back!
    Unfortunately some leaks predict a 3360mAh battery, which is precisely 145mAh less than the KEYone. However if the 660 chipset is even more efficient, then it should make up for that decrease in capacity. Hope so.
    Last edited by the_boon; 05-06-18 at 03:18 AM.
    05-06-18 02:25 AM
    I bought a Blackberry Keyone a month ago. Absolutely loved the phone while I used it. The Keyboard is really good and the build quality is amazing.

-Phone is Slllllllllooooowwww and it lags badly. Pretty much every review mentions this and I confirm it. Lags big time. Even the phone app is just not quick enough for me. It lags, period.
    -Photo camera sucks big time. Say what you will but it´s just awful. I´m not that much into photos but the ones I took, ewwwww! Just not good.
    -Second generation is almost out there so I would loose a lot of money if I kept it.
    -Hub does not accept all application. I use ProtonMail and it doesnt integrate with BB hub.

So these factors made me sell the phone pretty quickly. I loved it, had fun with it but I had to cut my loses. I sold it for exactly the money I paid for it so no loss.

I agree with you man. I can't even sell it since the front camera lost its cover and the back battery cover detached itself in the left lower corner. Awful laggy, phone call quality terrible, battery life even worse. Alcatel did a very bad job with this.
    05-06-18 02:35 AM
    Unfortunately some leaks predict a 3360mAh battery, which is precisel145mAh less than the KEYone. However if the 660 chipset is even more efficient, then it should make up for that decrease in capacity. Hope so.
    145 mAh is nothing. In the real conditions, this could be called as a normal statistical error (be sure that the dispersion of out-of-the-box K1 battery capacity values would differ by at least 200 mAh in the real conditions, especially towards down the nominal value). This will probably never be precise as it has no sense (noone is in real world able to determine whether his phone lasts by 1 % longer or otherwise). That's the same like if someone wanted to upgrade k1 with a Snap 626 CPU, which would result in the very same performance (again, the partial improvement would be hardly noticeable under the real circumstances).

Let's see how that will be doing. I personally guess the battery life is about to be the same in the end (as both chipsets are made with the 14 nm process, however, this alone doesn't guarantee anything).
    05-06-18 02:41 AM
    Just bought the black edition a week ago, and working pretty fast (ditched my Samsung S8)
    08-20-18 09:03 PM
    Just bought the black edition a week ago, and working pretty fast (ditched my Samsung S8)
    Got my KeyOne just over a week ago. Had an S8 as well. Absolutely love it.

I don't see the lag (I did notice that the speed did increase a bit with the Oreo update).

I think the picture quality is fantastic.

Not at all disappointed with the Keyone at all.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-20-18 10:55 PM
    I don't know what some of you are talking about, saying there isn't a lag and equating it to user error at that. I have the Silver KEYone and it's absolutely a lag, especially in apps that require typing (bbm, hub, browser) I get the app not responding close or wait choices box often. Yes I clear cache, do resets, all that. It's just slow, no way around it. Try sharing something such as a we page or something, I'll end up staring a white screen for quite awhile as it tries to pull up the choices for me to share to. Also, it will lag so far behind, the swipe functions on the keyboard will stop responding as its playing catch up, forcing me to type out words I normally would just swipe up on. My dtek60 is older with older software but is considerably faster.
    08-21-18 03:29 AM
    I have experienced no Lag whatsoever. One needs to look at apps running in the background. There is no Lag when it's new out of the box. Force stop some apps and see if this helps. Clearing Cache is a must as well. Turning off notifications for non important crap helps as well.

BlackBerry since 2006. Factory Unlocked Passport and KEYone
    08-21-18 06:47 AM
    im sure disabling the hub and some other apps that you dont use will help you a lot. it did a big diference to me keyone silver
    Catalistino likes this.
    08-21-18 07:09 AM
    Get rid of the 3GB of RAM. I had an 32GB ROM and 3GB RAM Sam S6 and it started being slow, now I got the 64GB ROM and 4GB RAM BB KeyOne and it looks pretty fast to me for the moment. I have to say instead that it lacks some ( easy to download ) essential apps like Gallery; if I load photos I took with Google Photo there is a bit of lag. Another doubt that I have is the keyboard durability but we'll see, neither one of my BBes had keyboard problems till now.
    08-21-18 08:42 AM
    im sure disabling the hub and some other apps that you dont use will help you a lot. it did a big diference to me keyone silver
    Yeah, I disabled everything I don't use (including Hub and BBM). Replaced BBM with Telegram, and I use Yahoo Mail (don't judge me, people! Haha). My biggest issue with Hub was for some programs it would just send me to them to reply or send a message. It was great for viewing, but for like Texting and some other apps I wish it was fully integrated with Hub, rather then it just being a viewing gallery.

That said, no lag.
    08-21-18 08:43 AM
    Truth. Is mainly an "App Related" problem. If you want more you pay more and get a 64gb or a key2
    08-21-18 08:44 AM
    How do you buy a 625 phone and then say it's not fast.... It was never set to be fast... You knew that from the beginning
    08-21-18 08:54 AM
    same with me. KeyONE lags. the same will happen with k2 in 2019
    08-21-18 10:59 AM

OREO update made significant difference in terms of performance. I own Silver edition and i am perfectly fine with it. i really do not feel like the phone is unresponsive and slow to open apps after OREO update.
    08-21-18 11:04 AM
    i have my silver for over a year now. it is kind of slow but not slightly noticable. I have a lot of app running in background but it is still fast enough for my day to day use. since the Oreo update it only gets better. i will hole another year before getting the Key2.
    08-21-18 11:10 AM
60 123