I bought a keyone at Rogers and the hardware keyboard doesn't register any of my keys. No matter the letter I press, nothing happens. I'm typing this on the virtual keyboard right now because nothing works. I tried a hardware reset to no avail. Now, I need to wait for more stock to arrive as this was the last unit. The hits just keep coming with this phone. So disappointed.
    05-31-17 07:31 PM
    I bought a keyone at Rogers and the hardware keyboard doesn't register any of my keys. No matter the letter I press, nothing happens. I'm typing this on the virtual keyboard right now because nothing works. I tried a hardware reset to no avail. Now, I need to wait for more stock to arrive as this was the last unit. The hits just keep coming with this phone. So disappointed.
    Sorry to hear that, don't lose the faith by so much negativity. K1 is a great device hopefully you'll get a replacement asap.
    unity04 likes this.
    05-31-17 07:38 PM
    You were unlucky and got a defective unit. Think at least you were able to feel the device unlike most of us.

Posted via CB10
    unity04 likes this.
    05-31-17 07:38 PM
    You were unlucky and got a defective unit. Think at least you were able to feel the device unlike most of us.

Posted via CB10
    It does feel solid. The screen is plenty bright and the OS is fluid. Just wish I could actually type on it.
    05-31-17 07:42 PM
    I also got a defective keyboard from Rogers! Mine wouldn't scroll properly and would quit randomly. I returned it and have to get another tomorrow after work. I'm upset because I also ordered an unlock for it.

BB 10 will outlast Android, just you wait! Stage 1: Denial.
    05-31-17 07:42 PM
    I also got a defective keyboard from Rogers! Mine wouldn't scroll properly and would quit randomly. I returned it and have to get another tomorrow after work. I'm upset because I also ordered an unlock for it.

Can you type on it though? Mine doesn't recognize any input. It does however allow me to swipe and scroll...
    05-31-17 07:44 PM
    Mine would type, yes.

05-31-17 07:44 PM

What do you mean by quit randomly? I was playing with a demo unit and noticed scrolling down was quick but scrolling back up not as responsive.
    05-31-17 07:46 PM
    Have you tried restarting the phone?
    05-31-17 07:47 PM
    What do you mean by quit randomly? I was playing with a demo unit and noticed scrolling down was quick but scrolling back up not as responsive.
    Mine is the same for scrolling.
    Scrolling up and left and right wouldn't work at all. I brought it to Rogers and he was surprised too.

Have you tried restarting the phone?
    Yep. I've restarted, tried a factory reset, and even updated the keyboard app. Nothing.
    05-31-17 07:48 PM
    Yep. I've restarted, tried a factory reset, and even updated the keyboard app. Nothing.
    I guess back it goes, sorry to hear about this issue.
    05-31-17 07:49 PM
    Take it back to Rogers and get a replacement.
    05-31-17 07:53 PM
    Take it back to Rogers and get a replacement.
    The staff was helpful but didn't have any more units in stock. Granted, I went in at around 7 and had it on hold all day. Just frustrating to be this close.
    05-31-17 07:55 PM
    The staff was helpful but didn't have any more units in stock. Granted, I went in at around 7 and had it on hold all day. Just frustrating to be this close.
    I can only imagine...Good look
    unity04 likes this.
    05-31-17 07:58 PM
    Bumping to see if others are having a similar issue.
    05-31-17 10:15 PM
    boy this just keeps getting better screens falling off, defective screens, now broken keyboards just great
    05-31-17 10:23 PM
    Love it. More and more mistakes for these amateurs once again.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 10:26 PM
    I do strongly now belive for the lack of stock. They defected majority of them probably for quality. Aside formthe bb design and materials...maybe i can chime in:

Scrolling up in browser is painful, using the screen instead. Deleting text by swiping left will sometimes delete 1 letter or few words. I expected a more refined product :/ meh
    05-31-17 10:38 PM
    So I guess at this point you own a KEYnone!
    05-31-17 10:50 PM
    But sorry you have to deal with that -- nothing sucks more than getting a new gadget only to realize it's defective. #notcool
    05-31-17 10:51 PM
    Sorry for the bad news on the keyboard, man. Know the feeling with products through the years. Once you get the replacement, I think you're gonna love it.
    05-31-17 10:54 PM
    I recieved a software update that was about 400mb in size but it didn't fix the keyboard. It did however clean up some of the UI (new look for Close All in multitasking and they middle-aligned the carrier name in the top left corner).

Hoping Rogers gets stock tomorrow - I'm quite surprised as I've owned every BB since the 9700 and never had this issue. To be clear, not a single character works on the keyboard. High hopes for tomorrow.
    05-31-17 11:19 PM