So I bought a KeyOne on sale.
    ...because buying discounted Blackberry devices is what I like to do. lol

My main phone right now is a Motion.

Curious if anyone has transitioned from a Motion to a KeyOne. Opinions?

I'm not convinced I will transition. It may just be a backup. With the little hands-on time I previously had with it, I didn't like the pkb. I prefer the larger pkb of the Key2 (but no sale).

I really like my Motion, but the vkb is not as good as my Z30. And the Motion camera is lackluster.

I've not opened it in case I wanted to return it. But that is unlikely. I'll probably get it all set up and have it ready as a proper backup, since all my other backups are currently BB10 devices...

Anyway, just wanted to share and gauge some opinions. Thanks.
    Elky64 and Gatmyer like this.
    06-28-19 10:14 AM
    not cheap
    06-28-19 10:15 AM
    Sorry, discounted.
    06-28-19 10:16 AM
    Recently purchased a KEYone myself having several slabs including Motion (since launch).

Yup took the KEYone plunge due to recent discount @staples and because wanted to try ever since laying eyes on one. Definitely in no need of a new device that's for sure but hey why not.

The Motion's camera has always been a sore spot and forever hearing the KEYone's had an edge was another reason, so time was right for me. No regrets.

Opinion... Still prefer my Motion's in-hand feel/operation by far although haven't had any real issues/concerns w/KEYone to speak of, functioning perfectly fine actually. Think it's getting used to the PKB that's the problem if anything else as been struggling with that aspect. Last BB owned was the Bold 9900 so the physical keyboard aspect isn't anything new to me. Suppose that just indicates VKB's are where it's at for me.

So as it be to-date the KEYone is my daily driver since the camera now is more than satisfactory for the majority of my uses. My Huawei P20 & Pro are there at the ready (one always has access to data since have second account/SIM) if we need something more robust. Motion, at the bottom of the rung (sadly) yet readily available to take out for a spin if there's an urge... If not already apparent I am a chronic switcher so what's good today may not be good tomorrow LOL.
    skilas likes this.
    06-28-19 02:39 PM
    I am just wondering how much did you pay for the device? Did you get it for $249 and the rumored 25% off sale?

I'm looking into it as well but so far getting the old $249 price and getting someone to bite on the 25% price has been hard.

Hopefully they hit $199 soon and than I will bite for a new BlackBerry Android device. I'm still on BlackBerry 10 and will be for the foreseeable future.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-19 04:26 PM
    I am just wondering how much did you pay for the device? Did you get it for $249 and the rumored 25% off sale?

I'm looking into it as well but so far getting the old $249 price and getting someone to bite on the 25% price has been hard.

Hopefully they hit $199 soon and than I will bite for a new BlackBerry Android device. I'm still on BlackBerry 10 and will be for the foreseeable future.

Posted via CB10
    EBay has some great deals on ketone device, I bought 2. One was Canadian branded, works perfect
    06-28-19 05:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Got mine for $230 w/coupon feeling very satisfied with purchase. Thought was a good time as should get a reasonable amount of use out of it before lack of support makes it not so viable.

Seen a post on here where someone did get the 25% off due to it being a clearance item yet YMMV w/associates as cell phones usually aren't included.
    curves2000 likes this.
    06-28-19 07:05 PM
    ^^^what coupon?
    06-28-19 11:46 PM
    Got mine for $230 w/coupon feeling very satisfied with purchase. Thought was a good time as should get a reasonable amount of use out of it before lack of support makes it not so viable.

Seen a post on here where someone did get the 25% off due to it being a clearance item yet YMMV w/associates as cell phones usually aren't included.
    This is the discount I was able to get. $249 with 25% off. Came to $186.75 before tax. I may have been able to push it with a $10 coupon from an email, but I was too concerned with just getting the clearance price, I didn't bother pushing it.

Was definitely YMMV. My closest Staples flat out told me no. But I was out of town at meeting during the last days of the sale, and figured I'd just stop in a few Staples and try my luck. 2/3 Staples were willing to do it. The $249 part of it was lucky actually, because it had actually got back up to $299, but they left all the clearance stickers on them, and honoured that price. But online, it was back to $299.97.
    Last edited by skilas; 06-29-19 at 12:05 AM. Reason: grammar
    Elky64 likes this.
    06-29-19 12:04 AM
    Recently purchased a KEYone myself having several slabs including Motion (since launch).

Yup took the KEYone plunge due to recent discount @staples and because wanted to try ever since laying eyes on one. Definitely in no need of a new device that's for sure but hey why not.

The Motion's camera has always been a sore spot and forever hearing the KEYone's had an edge was another reason, so time was right for me. No regrets.

Opinion... Still prefer my Motion's in-hand feel/operation by far although haven't had any real issues/concerns w/KEYone to speak of, functioning perfectly fine actually. Think it's getting used to the PKB that's the problem if anything else as been struggling with that aspect. Last BB owned was the Bold 9900 so the physical keyboard aspect isn't anything new to me. Suppose that just indicates VKB's are where it's at for me.

So as it be to-date the KEYone is my daily driver since the camera now is more than satisfactory for the majority of my uses. My Huawei P20 & Pro are there at the ready (one always has access to data since have second account/SIM) if we need something more robust. Motion, at the bottom of the rung (sadly) yet readily available to take out for a spin if there's an urge... If not already apparent I am a chronic switcher so what's good today may not be good tomorrow LOL.
    Thanks for the opinion. This sounds very close to what I expect my experience to be. My KeyOne is still sealed actually. But I'll open it up and try it this weekend.

I also had a 9900 (to me, the best pkb). But it sounds like you didn't have a Blackberry in between the 9900 and Motion. I had a Z30. I quickly got used to the vkb. I started to prefer it. But I always found the Motion's lacking compared to the Z30. We'll see how that informs my views on the KeyOne's pkb.
    Elky64 likes this.
    06-29-19 12:09 AM
    ^^^what coupon?
    Staples advertising emails often have email coupons in them. Things like $10 off a minimum $75 purchase. Or $20 off minimum $150. Sounds like that's what he had.
    Elky64 likes this.
    06-29-19 12:11 AM
    Staples advertising emails often have email coupons in them. Things like $10 off a minimum $75 purchase. Or $20 off minimum $150. Sounds like that's what he had.
    Was exactly that... At time of purchased did try for the 25% off but was denied, second nearest Staples to me is 304 km (3.5 hrs) away so pursuing any further wasn't viable.
    06-29-19 12:41 AM
    This is the discount I was able to get. $249 with 25% off. Came to $186.75 before tax. I may have been able to push it with a $10 coupon from an email, but I was too concerned with just getting the clearance price, I didn't bother pushing it.

Was definitely YMMV. My closest Staples flat out told me no. But I was out of town at meeting during the last days of the sale, and figured I'd just stop in a few Staples and try my luck. 2/3 Staples were willing to do it. The $249 part of it was lucky actually, because it had actually got back up to $299, but they left all the clearance stickers on them, and honoured that price. But online, it was back to $299.97.
    That's awesome!
    06-29-19 12:55 AM
    Thanks for the opinion. This sounds very close to what I expect my experience to be. My KeyOne is still sealed actually. But I'll open it up and try it this weekend.

I also had a 9900 (to me, the best pkb). But it sounds like you didn't have a Blackberry in between the 9900 and Motion. I had a Z30. I quickly got used to the vkb. I started to prefer it. But I always found the Motion's lacking compared to the Z30. We'll see how that informs my views on the KeyOne's pkb.
    I opened up mine right away as Staples 14-day return policy gave me piece of mind that we could return for any reason. The anticipation was killing me as well LOL.

Nope no BB after the 9900. Went straight from it to Windows Phone (). Had a couple of Android in 2010 but they were nothing compared to what's offered today obviously, Android has come a long way.

Besides camera what did you find about the Motion that was lacking? Personally, the Motion was the first lower end/spec'd device I owned in a while proving my needs didn't require the most powerful, highest spec'd, to be content. It really surprised me and still feel comfortable using, too bad camera fell short. Fingerprint sensor was the best I've use up until that point still feeling snappy. And that beast of a battery!

Like already mentioned in another post, KEYone is a nice device yet having a hard time adapting to the PKB. My brain has been programmed to "touch" so always going for that screen when doing anything LOL. I'm sure at some point we'll feel more comfortable as time goes by yet, at this point, think I'll always favour virtual.

Anyway good luck with your new purchase hope you enjoy.
    06-29-19 01:28 AM
    Congrats on the deals. I picked up the 4GB 64 Black Edition in January for 240 US after applying an Amazon gift card. Elated with my purchase and return to a very good PKB mobile device. I recommend turning on developer options and reducing animations to .5 or less and setting up those keyboard shortcuts! Makes for a super efficient, snappy 2 day battery life mobile device. Enjoy 😎👍
    Elky64 likes this.
    06-29-19 07:10 AM
    Congrats on the deals. I picked up the 4GB 64 Black Edition in January for 240 US after applying an Amazon gift card. Elated with my purchase and return to a very good PKB mobile device. I recommend turning on developer options and reducing animations to .5 or less and setting up those keyboard shortcuts! Makes for a super efficient, snappy 2 day battery life mobile device. Enjoy 😎👍
    I'm still enjoying my BE KEYone from your subconscious deal challenge.
    Elky64 likes this.
    06-29-19 07:29 AM
    Would loved to have gotten the BE yet still $400+ CAD, more than I'm willing to pay... So ya I'm envious of your deal lol.

And developer/tweaking the animations is one of the first things on my list with any Android device.
    06-29-19 10:42 AM
    So I bought a KeyOne on sale.
    ...because buying discounted Blackberry devices is what I like to do. lol

My main phone right now is a Motion.

Curious if anyone has transitioned from a Motion to a KeyOne. Opinions?

I'm not convinced I will transition. It may just be a backup. With the little hands-on time I previously had with it, I didn't like the pkb. I prefer the larger pkb of the Key2 (but no sale).

I really like my Motion, but the vkb is not as good as my Z30. And the Motion camera is lackluster.

I've not opened it in case I wanted to return it. But that is unlikely. I'll probably get it all set up and have it ready as a proper backup, since all my other backups are currently BB10 devices...

Anyway, just wanted to share and gauge some opinions. Thanks.
    I bought a new KEYone Black Edition and switched to it from a Motion. My Motion is in my bureau drawer. Love the KEYone BE. Never thought I would go back to the physical keyboard, that is...until I tried the KEYone BE.
    the_boon likes this.
    06-30-19 06:44 PM
    I bought a new KEYone Black Edition and switched to it from a Motion. My Motion is in my bureau drawer. Love the KEYone BE. Never thought I would go back to the physical keyboard, that is...until I tried the KEYone BE.
    I'm really liking the build quality of the KeyOne. I still find the pkb small though, but to contradict myself, I find the screen real estate small too. I had a friend go from KeyOne to Motion because he didn't want to permanently lose the screen size. I like the aluminum edge. It's not slippery like my Motion's! lol Definitely looks sexy. Except the giant ring around the camera lens. What is with that? I love that Blackberry phones have a textured back. None of these dumb glass backs, or curved backs. I'm tempted to make it my daily phone, but I'm not accustomed to bouncing back and forth with cameras. And my Motion is packed right now with everything I need. lol
    the_boon likes this.
    07-01-19 11:13 PM
    I'm really liking the build quality of the KeyOne. I still find the pkb small though, but to contradict myself, I find the screen real estate small too. I had a friend go from KeyOne to Motion because he didn't want to permanently lose the screen size. I like the aluminum edge. It's not slippery like my Motion's! lol Definitely looks sexy. Except the giant ring around the camera lens. What is with that? I love that Blackberry phones have a textured back. None of these dumb glass backs, or curved backs. I'm tempted to make it my daily phone, but I'm not accustomed to bouncing back and forth with cameras. And my Motion is packed right now with everything I need. lol
    I actually find the aluminum edges of the KEYone pretty damn slippery and thats simply because they're rounded.

Thankfully BBMo addressed this with the KEY2 and LE with flat edges which are similar to the Motion actually.
    07-02-19 08:00 AM