Ive noticed that if I have my Bose bluetooth headset connected when I try to make a call on my default phone App, it doesn't connect through bluetooth, becomes unresponsive and then freezes display and input. The call connection will stay connected, but I can't hang up, can't power off, reset, or kill the call.

I've made calls via headset before when I first got it, and after a fresh reset it can sometimes work. But, as someone who spends most of my day connected to various global calls, this is a major issue for me. My workaround is using voip services like Skype for business, but that's less convenient and uses data, whereas I have unlimited voice call minutes.

Anyone else have this issue? I saw someone mention this happen with their car sync, so it's probably related.
    06-13-17 10:31 AM
    Hello try this. Remove pairing of your Bose headset from Bluetooth menu. Reset device by holding down power button during at least 32 seconds. It wil simulate a battery pull. Pair again to Bluetooth your headseat and see it works. Good luck
    07-11-17 12:41 PM
    Ive noticed that if I have my Bose bluetooth headset connected when I try to make a call on my default phone App, it doesn't connect through bluetooth, becomes unresponsive and then freezes display and input. The call connection will stay connected, but I can't hang up, can't power off, reset, or kill the call.

I've made calls via headset before when I first got it, and after a fresh reset it can sometimes work. But, as someone who spends most of my day connected to various global calls, this is a major issue for me. My workaround is using voip services like Skype for business, but that's less convenient and uses data, whereas I have unlimited voice call minutes.

Anyone else have this issue? I saw someone mention this happen with their car sync, so it's probably related.
    I have experienced your exact same issue - even using the Bose QCs. No idea why or how to fix it.
    07-11-17 02:11 PM
    @BaconChedds @ce71

My KeyOne freezes at least 5-6 times in a day and sometimes it is simultaneously after each call. This happens mostly when I have to make important phone calls. I use a Plantronics Voyger Edge and my Honda Car Bluetooth and I switch between the two in case I need to for phone calls.

I have tried:
    1. Resetting the bluetooth parameters (according to blackberry support email that i received)
    2. Re-pairing the bluetooth devices

What I haven't tried:
    1. Resetting the phone - This will probally not resolve anything
    2. Use a different phone app - I will try this and update this thread

Planning to get a replacement from either blackberry or Best Buy (which won't even allow me to return the phone because it's over 14 days)

Never had a problem with my Nexus 5, Blackberry classic and One Plus 3T.
    07-22-17 01:32 PM
    @BaconChedds @ce71

My KeyOne freezes at least 5-6 times in a day and sometimes it is simultaneously after each call. This happens mostly when I have to make important phone calls. I use a Plantronics Voyger Edge and my Honda Car Bluetooth and I switch between the two in case I need to for phone calls.

I have tried:
    1. Resetting the bluetooth parameters (according to blackberry support email that i received)
    2. Re-pairing the bluetooth devices

What I haven't tried:
    1. Resetting the phone - This will probally not resolve anything
    2. Use a different phone app - I will try this and update this thread

Planning to get a replacement from either blackberry or Best Buy (which won't even allow me to return the phone because it's over 14 days)

Never had a problem with my Nexus 5, Blackberry classic and One Plus 3T.
    Thanks for the info. Please let us know what happens with a different phone app.

I'm also thinking about a replacement. I know two other K1 owners who have not experienced this. So, for those of us who do experience it, it happens frequently. Very odd.
    07-22-17 01:36 PM
    That is so strange. But if a replacement unit can fix it, I am more than willing to do that instead of living with a phone beloved keyboard and useless to make phone calls!
    Thanks for the info. Please let us know what happens with a different phone app.

I'm also thinking about a replacement. I know two other K1 owners who have not experienced this. So, for those of us who do experience it, it happens frequently. Very odd.
    07-22-17 01:45 PM
    Lots of threads on BT issues with the k1. it seemed to be the May update when all of this started, I've tried two different k1 both have the same issue in my car while my OP3T is fine. No question it's a software issue.
    07-22-17 01:47 PM
    Lots of threads on BT issues with the k1. it seemed to be the May update when all of this started, I've tried two different k1 both have the same issue in my car while my OP3T is fine. No question it's a software issue.
    Well, if this problem spawned from an update, then why is it not affecting ALL devices?

I know of two other people who use their (updated) K1s daily with BT and have never experienced this issue. I do believe it is affecting a large number of phones, but it does not appear to be affecting all.
    07-22-17 01:58 PM
    While I have to agree that the most likely cause of the Bluetooth / phone freeze - is a software issue - I feel I need to correct you on blaming it on the 'May update'. Unless you got an update to your OS that advanced your Build I am doubting that it was the actual cause.

I have had My KEYone since early June and was running on Build AAL483. That particular build Did seem to have BT issues that caused 'phone freeze' , and reboots.
    That said - ever since the July OS update to AAM625 - I have had No BT issues!! I am back to using my Plantronics earpiece, and even tested the wife's Honda CRV for the day with great results!!

So, unless you're having those BT issues while running the latest Build - I'd respectively suggest that a little patience is in order as they continue to rollout this new update. The fact that you are talking about the 'May update' tells me that you are likely on an older OS version.

Remember people - there isn't a phone produced that didn't have issues - and unlike most manufacturers - BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) did not deny nor try and cover up the issues. They may not have addressed publicly the BT issue, but this latest OS update certainly did - meaning they Are on the ball and within 2 months of the actual release is impressive in my eyes!

As to the screen pop issue - again they were fairly quick to address that (considering that it must take time to properly assess the issue, plan and implement a resolve that allows ALL users to be able to get their phones replaced Regardless of their individual carrier's warranty - Without going 'knee-jerk' and feeding into the 'mass hysteria').

I for one am totally impressed with how they are handling the Only Two 'big' issues facing this outstanding phone!!! I am actually one of few who got both (the screen just started to pop this week and I was fortunate enough to catch it in time to tape the edges until BlackBerry Mobile can send me the replacement). Neither issue was a concern for me as my confidence in BlackBerry Mobile, and the KEYone is solid!
    Last edited by yegger; 07-22-17 at 02:57 PM.
    07-22-17 02:32 PM
    Just saw this and I was having the same problems too. Phone app freezing when connected by bluetooth to Command in a Mercedes, became totally unresponsive when making a call (call would still be connected). This didn't happen every single time, but quite often. Oddly it wouldn't happen if I was using my Seinheiser Headset, no problems there. I noticed it stopped happening after it updated to AAL964.

I'm surprised how much I actually like this phone, really impressive what they have there. I would gladly pay flagship price for a spec'd out KeyOne with added OIS, top spec chip and more onboard memory and ram. That being said, for $700 CAD, this is a phenomenal offering that runs surprisingly smooth and quick all around considering the chipset. It's a great all around phone and the productivity options are unmatched. I love the take on android BlackBerry has taken, keeping it very close to google's own version, with the right amount of customization. Kudos to BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile, let's see what else you can do!!
    07-25-17 09:35 PM
    Just saw this and I was having the same problems too. Phone app freezing when connected by bluetooth to Command in a Mercedes, became totally unresponsive when making a call (call would still be connected). This didn't happen every single time, but quite often. Oddly it wouldn't happen if I was using my Seinheiser Headset, no problems there. I noticed it stopped happening after it updated to AAL964.
    HMMM interesting that you seem to say that your Bluetooth issues were resolved with an update to build AAL964... my first phone was wonky until it updated to the July security patch and AAM625 (from May and AAL465) - But my 'new' KEYone (screen pop repl direct from BBMobile) came with June patch and AAL964 - - and I am back to square one with BT issues: Phone Freeze; reboots, etc!!!

So the last two days I have been chasing BBMobile support to get them to 'force' the update down to me.

UPDATE:
    Seems my case got escalated to engineering - because (in a 'one off fluke') an American IMEI got mixed into a batch of Canadian exchanges. So the real hang up with no update is putting a Rogers Sim into a foreign phone = non compatibility and ergo no updates. Just the luck of the draw - and now I will get my new (Rogers) phone by Monday -- PHEW!!!

Thank You TCL and BlackBerry Mobile for expediting my case and resolving it quickly once the root cause became known!!!
    Last edited by yegger; 07-28-17 at 10:59 AM.
    07-27-17 11:55 AM

Using true caller since 7/22/2017 (1 week ago). Only 1 incident so far:

The phone froze on Monday when I was in the middle of a call on my car's bluetooth while driving.

After that, phone has been fine. What I now do to switch from one bluetooth to another is switch off my plantronics earpiece and then connect it to my car (just to be more careful).

I read the posts below and @yegger responded that a July update fixed it. I'm still on AAL964 (June patch).

Also, I can't find "check software updates" under settings on my k1 unlike other android phones i've used (lie One plus 3t). Any suggestions ?
    07-29-17 01:26 AM
    no problem using an jbl and philips bluetooth headset on sometimes my daughter sony and all have a microfoon.

no freezes also streaming to my hifi philips, philips bluetooth receiver or car (citroen C4 picasso) is no issue. so could be your own hardware that needs an update.
    07-29-17 04:47 AM
    @varun666

The KEYone has the 'Updates' app... go to your 'apps' and scroll down to 'U' - you'll find it there. I actually put the shortcut for 'Updates' on my main screen when I was checking every hour or so.
    hth

By the way @varun666 where are you?(Can. Or US) What is your carrier?
    I am in Canada with Rogers.
    Last edited by yegger; 07-29-17 at 08:28 AM.
    07-29-17 08:01 AM
    Made my first call with my Boss QC35 headphones in Bluetooth mode earlier this week with no issues. No freezing, call quality was great, etc.

That said, I do get some audio dropouts when on the go from time to time with the phone in my right pocket. Also, horrendous dropouts when gripping the top of the phone, but that was an extreme case and I'm guessing that's where the BT antenna is.
    07-29-17 10:57 PM
    this happens to me about once a day. it is frustrating and leads to a hard reset. very frustrating, but only occurs while dialing and trying to connect. this has not occurred with my phone during a call that was already connected.
    07-30-17 12:39 PM