Anyone else get a blue lockscreen that has ads?

How to get rid of it don't see any new apps installed
    11-27-17 08:11 PM
    Anyone else get a blue lockscreen that has ads?

How to get rid of it don't see any new apps installed
    Can you post a photo? I've never had any sort of ads on my KEYone so likely something you installed is causing this. Don't tell me you installed an antivirus app?
    Last edited by ray689; 11-27-17 at 10:12 PM.
    11-27-17 08:14 PM
    This is what shows after I plug in
    Attached Thumbnails Blue lockscreen with ads-25388.jpg  
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    11-27-17 08:19 PM
    The ads appear to be random
    11-27-17 08:19 PM
    The ads appear to be random
    You have an app that's doing this. What you're experiencing is not part of stock Android, or BlackBerry software.
    11-27-17 08:34 PM
    Yes this is not normal. it's an app sending you ads. Find it and remove it is my suggestion. What does it show in the part covered up by your volume?
    11-27-17 08:46 PM
    look at any recent battery saving, performance enhancing/monitoring, malware detecting apps you've installed/updated.
    11-27-17 09:19 PM
    look at any recent battery saving, performance enhancing/monitoring, malware detecting apps you've installed/updated.
    ^^This.
    11-27-17 10:10 PM
    How about the obvious thing? The custom lockscreen with the swipe to unlock thing from the iPhone?

Maybe the app that's displaying ads on the lockscreen... is the lockscreen app.

Amazing!
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    11-28-17 01:06 AM
    Thanks for everyone (Except John Vieira lol) it turns out that Share it has some power options and that was the culprit. Fixed

@JV - It's probably best if you refrain from posting as it's "obvious" you offer nothing of value
    itsyaboy and anon(870071) like this.
    11-28-17 01:33 AM
    How about the obvious thing? The custom lockscreen with the swipe to unlock thing from the iPhone?

Maybe the app that's displaying ads on the lockscreen... is the lockscreen app.

Amazing!
    Haha it was amazing how wrong you were. Thanks, I enjoyed that!
    11-28-17 03:17 AM
    Thanks for everyone (Except John Vieira lol) it turns out that Share it has some power options and that was the culprit. Fixed

@JV - It's probably best if you refrain from posting as it's "obvious" you offer nothing of value
    yep a recent update to that app 'Added charging lock screen feature for smart charging & optimizing battery' thats a bunk feature anyway and i wouldn't use any app that claim such features.
    11-28-17 10:43 AM
    yep a recent update to that app 'Added charging lock screen feature for smart charging & optimizing battery' thats a bunk feature anyway and i wouldn't use any app that claim such features.
    Yeah I ditched the entire app. I only used it once really to flirt with some girl lol
    11-28-17 05:02 PM
    Yeah I ditched the entire app. I only used it once really to flirt with some girl lol
    ^^ This is the only time you will be forgiven. LOL
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    11-28-17 05:13 PM

So you're saying you did not install a custom lockscreen?

Or you did and it wasn't the cause?

Because it would have been the first place to look.

But hey, I'm not the one with stupid lockscreen ads on my phone, you are.

So whatever. :P
    11-28-17 07:16 PM
    So you're saying you did not install a custom lockscreen?

Or you did and it wasn't the cause?

Because it would have been the first place to look.

But hey, I'm not the one with stupid lockscreen ads on my phone, you are.

So whatever. :P
    Since you seem to have comprehension / understanding issues alongside the condescending tone I will help you out.

A photo sharing app called Share it had an update that added a power function to it which caused the issue; now resolved.

Should really contemplate being rude to someone for no reason and then being made to look foolish.

And yeah whatever
    anon(4297019) likes this.
    11-28-17 07:32 PM
    Issue has been solved, that is the issue !
    11-28-17 09:23 PM
    Android has inbuilt capability to enable hotspot and share files. But the mess that it is with several manufacturers and their own UI's, people depend on third party apps. Share It was nice a few years ago just like any other mainstream android app like MX player. But now all these apps have become mining rigs literally to the extent that the pay-to-remove ads option doesn't exist on many apps because the app developer has figured out that the $ they're getting by forcing ads through on their huge user base is much much more even if users were literally subsidised into removing ads from their app by paying for it, and thus these apps constantly keep eating data and battery to make $ out of you. This is the tragedy of android.

Mind you i'm talking about well established, broken-even as a business case long ago & minimal support staff needed kinda apps.

There's an app for that! But we need to grab you by the b or p, whatever you prefer! Android-esque iPhonian punchline.
    Last edited by valer466; 11-28-17 at 11:35 PM.
    11-28-17 11:25 PM
    would of been wild if it was some hot chick flashing you her tatas, lol
    dxvigne likes this.
    11-29-17 07:57 PM
    Google is cracking down on apps who use lock screen ads. pretty soon you won't have that issue with whatever app you use
    12-04-17 11:59 AM