Is it safe to say that BlackBerry's next release of two mid-range Android phones(Physical Qwerty/Full screen)are the last and final releases in its existence or at least for a long time,can't see BlackBerry making a Priv2 with updated specs, it's just not "Blackberry" to come up with a better sequel to the Priv or a Z30/Z50 Android smartphone that can complete with Galaxy s7 or LG G5..

Via-Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    04-25-16 09:19 PM
    It's not even safe to say those 'two' devices will see release lol.
    04-25-16 09:23 PM
    It's not even safe to say those 'two' devices will see release lol.
    I hope Chen is a man of his word.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 09:39 PM
    I hope Chen is a man of his word.

Posted via CB10
    Which word? That's kind of the point. He changes it every other week.

One device... maybe two... maybe one... OK two..... or maybe one... or maybe two...
    Doggerz, dejanh, Fool Guy and 7 others like this.
    04-26-16 03:16 AM

One device... maybe two... maybe one... OK two..... or maybe one... or maybe two...
    "One" should be a safe bet... Or not.

*C5303
    natanvarga likes this.
    04-26-16 03:23 AM
    It seems that maybe Bla1ze and CB don't have the same relationship with BlackBerry as in the past? Another indication of the move to Android?
    Hazo and BB_PP like this.
    04-26-16 07:43 AM
    Chen is a nightmare for the hand set division. I would like to see someone take over that division independently and see what they could do with it.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    04-26-16 07:46 AM
    When it comes to BlackBerry, we have to "Assume" of any future devices.. #Sad

Via-Blackberry Passport Silver Edition
    04-26-16 06:50 PM
    Chen is a nightmare for the hand set division. I would like to see someone take over that division independently and see what they could do with it.

Posted via CB10
    Absolute nightmare. He wasted my time with that phone known as the BlackBerry Classic. If only he went with Android earlier and get the Priv out the door, I wouldn't have wasted a whole year and have to take a huge loss to get rid of it.
    04-26-16 07:11 PM
    Absolute nightmare. He wasted my time with that phone known as the BlackBerry Classic. If only he went with Android earlier and get the Priv out the door, I wouldn't have wasted a whole year and have to take a huge loss to get rid of it.
    What was wrong with the Classic lol?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 08:05 PM
    What was wrong with the Classic lol?

Posted via CB10
    It runs BlackBerry 10, which I can't get to work with Good Work which my company uses. Browser keeps reloading and freezing up on what appears to be Javascript. Oh and did I mention it ran BlackBerry 10?
    04-26-16 08:13 PM
    He wasted my time with that phone known as the BlackBerry Classic.
    I love, love, LOVE my Classic... It's still my beloved daily driver... 💖

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 08:15 PM
    I love, love, LOVE my Classic... It's still my beloved daily driver... ��

Posted via CB10
    It's good for single handed use (barely, my Pre 3 was much better), I'll give it that. Other than that everything was meh and it got worse after every single update, at least on mine.

I'll consider the Rome when it comes.
    04-26-16 08:33 PM
    The Classic is a classy phone. It's just that there is no apps on it, which renders the phone useless...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    macstibs and sandpenguin like this.
    04-26-16 10:30 PM
    One assumes that he has to pull the trigger many months ahead of release - one year ahead wouldn't surprise me. From design to acquisition of components, commitments have to be made to spend a lot of money. If there are to be a couple of handsets released this year then the decision must already be made. They might be the softest smartphone releases ever but the hardware should be released.
    04-26-16 11:01 PM
    The Classic is a classy phone. It's just that there is no apps on it, which renders the phone useless...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I know it's such a pity, I mean, without apps, you can't;

1) Call People
    2) SMS / MMS people
    3) can't take photos / videos
    4) can't listen to music
    5) can't browse the internet
    6) send / recieve E-mails
    7) set up appointments and reminders in the calendar

Ect ect lol

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    BKbehave, bbnrs, BBd00d and 4 others like this.
    04-27-16 05:20 AM
    Keep the Classic, Leap and Passport in production until newer versions are available.

Flush the Privvy.
    04-27-16 07:02 AM

Remember when he was talking about the Classic, he said that 'many corporate customers' told him that they wanted a handset with a trackpad.

Now he says that 'many corporate customers' told him they want a mid-range Android slab.

Is it true or false THIS time?
    Q10Bold likes this.
    04-27-16 07:04 AM

1) Call People
    2) SMS / MMS people
    4) can't listen to music

Ect ect lol

As stated above, 5-7 I indeed have trouble. If I only needed 1-4 I'll just use my E51 in the drawer and save myself 500 bucks.
    04-27-16 07:07 AM
    Last time, they said Z10 is the last phone, then Z30, again the last phone. Then the classic, last phone... all these rumors are absolutely nonsense.

BlackBerry will keep pumping phones dude!!

Posted via CB10
    anon(9721458) likes this.
    04-27-16 07:10 AM
    Keep the Classic, Leap and Passport in production until newer versions are available.

Flush the Privvy.
    I'm pretty sure Chen explained why he can't restart Classic production: lack of chips from 2012.
    04-27-16 07:19 AM

1) Call People
    2) SMS / MMS people
    4) can't listen to music

Ect ect lol

+1

Yah, I don't get how I go day to day just using this Classic. I can't communicate with anybody... LOL

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-27-16 07:41 AM
    It runs BlackBerry 10, which I can't get to work with Good Work which my company uses. Browser keeps reloading and freezing up on what appears to be Javascript. Oh and did I mention it ran BlackBerry 10?
    Are your browser issues also due to the Good Work?? Because my Classic has no problem at all with the stock browser...

04-27-16 07:44 AM
    I'm pretty sure Chen explained why he can't restart Classic production: lack of chips from 2012.
    Another reason why I thought it was dumb for them to put such outdated hardware into the Classic. Oh well, even despite that I'm faster on this phone than any of my friends with their "super duper" phones, so I'll stick with it until a better alternative comes out.

Wunliang likes this.
    04-27-16 07:46 AM
    Remember when he was talking about the Classic, he said that 'many corporate customers' told him that they wanted a handset with a trackpad.
    He flies around and visits the customers and asks them what they want. The customers tell him what they have wanted based on what the users have said over the past year. Then he gets the team working on it and then as early as on year later he releases the phone - which hasn't been updated since. Of course, these are not immediately purchased and distributed but phased-in. Essentially, users are receiving what they said they wanted 3 years ago. In the meantime, the rest of the smartphone market has moved forward by that much.

Do anyone seriously think that Blackberry can sell a handset with the features that the users were requesting in 2013? What have they been using over the past three years? Have they been waiting for BlackBerry to come through or did they switch to iPhone & Android?
    dejanh likes this.
    04-27-16 08:54 AM
118 123 ...