They only meant it's not another derivative like the Black or Bronze editions.

I would put the odds of another slider at 1000:1.
    So you admit there is a chance! Lol
    Byrese likes this.
    01-09-18 04:54 PM
    A well built PKB device with top specs (none of this Snapdragon 600 series garbage) would be enticing.
    I like my 650. It's just right for what I need.
    01-09-18 05:34 PM
    "They DO love the physical keyboard, they just don't know it yet!"
    That's deep
    01-09-18 05:44 PM
    BlackBerry Passport SE form factor updated, upgraded and better!

 Passport SE SQW100-4 with Vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS Version) 10.3.2.2876 on AT&T
    01-09-18 05:49 PM
    They only meant it's not another derivative like the Black or Bronze editions.

I would put the odds of another slider at 1000:1.
    In that case, I accept your bet.

$10 for you if you're right and, at 1000:1 odds, that's a nice payout for me if I'm right!
    conite likes this.
    01-09-18 06:21 PM
    But BlackBerry is not launching the phones. The article seems misleading.
    01-09-18 06:32 PM
    I still want a '69 Charger with the 426 Hemi and 2x4 on the cross-ram manifold!

Wait ... wrong forum.

Ignore me!
    Are you the guy who use to take us on motorcycle excursions by pictures? Or have I confused you with someone else on the board?
    01-09-18 06:38 PM
    12GB ram, 2TB storage, 6" display, solid fuel rocket boosters and $99 CDN.

But only if you pre-order now. Send me your bitcoin now......
    No way it's allowed on international flights with a solid fuel power plant. So it will have a limited market among business leaders!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-09-18 06:44 PM
    But BlackBerry is not launching the phones. The article seems misleading.
    The author should have written BlackBerry Mobile instead of just BlackBerry. Common mistake.
    01-09-18 06:49 PM
    A well built PKB device with top specs (none of this Snapdragon 600 series garbage) would be enticing.
    Yes....this slow processor be killing me sometimes.
    01-09-18 06:59 PM
    Guess that means I'll have to wait until 2019 for an updated full touch.
    01-09-18 07:17 PM
    "Not based on existing K1" is intriguing. I would assume quite a few R&D dollars went into that QWERTY keyboard and I would have expected it to be used for more than one generation.

Still nice to see BBMo called out on its pitiful "20 phones per week" launch.
    Bee Gee likes this.
    01-09-18 07:36 PM
    8XX su*ks to much battery
    Funny, that's not my experience. I have the LG V30+ with an SD835, and I've stopped even bothering to charge it at home anymore. What it gets when plugged in during my commute to my customers is more than enough.

Friday, I used my phone enough that, had it been my old LG G4 with SD808, I'd have had to fully charge it twice. I had over 5 hours of screen-on time, had downloaded, printed, made a bunch of calls including over an hour on speakerphone on a support call, surfed the web for manuals, played music, etc. and after about 11 hours, I was down to 48% battery. It's amazingly efficient, but also has plenty of power when you need it.

I still have my power bank in my laptop bag, but I'm probably going to take it out and leave it at home now, because it's pretty pointless. I usually have at least 45 minutes of drive-time in each direction, and if I plug it in at least in one direction, that's enough to keep this thing topped up (it supports QC3.0).

Modern hardware is pretty amazing!
    01-09-18 08:34 PM
    (For you folks from the USA, Smarties are a bit like M&M's, except that they are slightly larger and the candy coating is at least twice as thick. I am still astonished that people in the USA claim to be a "civilized" country, when you can't get Smarties there!!!!)
    That's because there's already a company that makes Smarties candy here - though they're "tablet" candy similar to Sweet Tarts (that aren't tart).

I admit, Euro Smarties are better!
    01-09-18 08:38 PM
    Funny, that's not my experience. I have the LG V30+ with an SD835, and I've stopped even bothering to charge it at home anymore. What it gets when plugged in during my commute to my customers is more than enough.

Friday, I used my phone enough that, had it been my old LG G4 with SD808, I'd have had to fully charge it twice. I had over 5 hours of screen-on time, had downloaded, printed, made a bunch of calls including over an hour on speakerphone on a support call, surfed the web for manuals, played music, etc. and after about 11 hours, I was down to 48% battery. It's amazingly efficient, but also has plenty of power when you need it.

I still have my power bank in my laptop bag, but I'm probably going to take it out and leave it at home now, because it's pretty pointless. I usually have at least 45 minutes of drive-time in each direction, and if I plug it in at least in one direction, that's enough to keep this thing topped up (it supports QC3.0).

Modern hardware is pretty amazing!
    Yep, this binary thinking, where, in order for one product to be good, another has to suck, is just silly. Both the 600 and 800 series SD SoCs are pretty great, and which one is better is totally dependent on the use. Just because one has exceptional speed or battery life does not mean the other isn't pretty darn good.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-09-18 08:49 PM
    Who cares about all this processor nonsense!?

There will be not one, but two new PKB phones in 2018. Get pumped!
    01-10-18 12:38 AM
    If it's not a slider & not a flip phone, then it means aside from the Key2, it'll mostly be a pkb pager/tab with pkb extension. I can't fathom anything else with a pkb.

They could try the Communicator or the other Sidekick kinda designs as well with a stylus in tow. Would appeal to pkb folks since Nokia still hasn't released an android communicator and T-mobs side kick is olde.
    Last edited by valer466; 01-10-18 at 01:46 AM.
    01-10-18 01:28 AM
    What about KEYtwo with SD660 and a passport successor with powerful internals?
    01-10-18 03:16 AM
    To all those that whine about not having the sd 835. I have on in my note 8 with 6gb of ram. I have every samsung app disabled and replaced with google ones and blackberry ones. The phone can still lag and stutter. Just a few days ago reddit was a hot mess and today mozilla was having issues loading. Oh and the hub takes a second or two to load even with animations at .5.

It's android itself, not the phone hardware. Android is too fragmented.
    Qorax and gritsinct like this.
    01-10-18 03:38 AM
    TCL/BBM better learn from K1 - function utilization 1st, not spec... No AI chinese chip like huawei and open ATT door wide open for your handsets (make sure those can pass Telco tests, drop and EMI included). Don't plan any backdoor (like blu did) - establish as security leader. 660 or 835 both are good. 660 possibly better. No gimic, just pre-program correct APN for users please. Looking forward to the glory of "dog" year. as for smarties - UK guys should send few to WH (ok... they don't needed- my mistake).
    01-10-18 05:10 AM
    To all those that whine about not having the sd 835. I have on in my note 8 with 6gb of ram. I have every samsung app disabled and replaced with google ones and blackberry ones. The phone can still lag and stutter. Just a few days ago reddit was a hot mess and today mozilla was having issues loading. Oh and the hub takes a second or two to load even with animations at .5.

It's android itself, not the phone hardware. Android is too fragmented.
    Even if experiences like this are told all over, people will still whine about a phone not having the latest 8xx processor. Proof that smartphones are boring now and specs are the only thing to talk about
    Qorax likes this.
    01-10-18 06:12 AM
    2 new qwerty devices?? my dream has come true, gonna be a good year! K1 still running like the beast it is.
    01-10-18 06:31 AM
    Excellent. Keep rocking

Posted via CB10
    01-10-18 06:40 AM
    I'm sure the use of 6xx SOC's is also to meet a price point. But who knows? Maybe they will take a chance on a flagship phone this year. Personally I think they will want to see 2 years of steady demand before risking it though.
    01-10-18 06:45 AM
    I'm sure the use of 6xx SOC's is also to meet a price point. But who knows? Maybe they will take a chance on a flagship phone this year. Personally I think they will want to see 2 years of steady demand before risking it though.
    I don't know if the price point thing is as important as people on here make it out to be. The vast majority of their phones are still sold through the carriers so most of the general public never pays (or is even aware) of what the actual price is anyway.

That is not to say that they will be very successful releasing a $1200 flagship, or that they might not sell more devices if they had an entry level device at $200-300.

Nobody is buying the KEYone because it's $50 cheaper than x device. For the exact opposite reason, no one is refusing to buy it either. They really don't have any competition (other than previous models) to compete with so price isn't the issue - it's creating the demand for their product. TCL's challenge is going to be a similar one to legacy BlackBerry (as a hardware manufacturer) and that's going to be getting people on some sort of regular upgrade cycle. Once again, the fact that all the best BlackBerries have been built to last and people never want to give up that beloved extension of themselves, is going to be both one of their biggest strengths and greatest challenges.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    01-10-18 07:11 AM
86 1234