A well built PKB device with top specs (none of this Snapdragon 600 series garbage) would be enticing.
    That would most likely not have very good battery life. The 660 snapdragon would be fine there is no need to go to the 8 series.
    Qorax and IvanTheTolerable like this.
    01-10-18 07:11 AM
    That would most likely not have very good battery life. The 660 snapdragon would be fine there is no need to go to the 8 series.
    I don't know, but for me, in the age of Quick Charge, crazy battery life isn't that important of a feature. I can put my phone on the the charge for 15 minutes and get a 50% boost.

So id rather top of the line processor.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-10-18 07:39 AM
    I don't know, but for me, in the age of Quick Charge, crazy battery life isn't that important of a feature. I can put my phone on the the charge for 15 minutes and get a 50% boost.

Perhaps one of the phones BlackBerry Mobile offers in 2018 will be the top of the line, $1000+ PKB monster spec phone that some posters have been clamoring for.

But, I can almost guarantee that, if they make it, 45% of folks here will say it's specs suck, 45% will say it's too expensive, and 10% will love it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-10-18 08:10 AM
    Perhaps one of the phones BlackBerry Mobile offers in 2018 will be the top of the line, $1000+ PKB monster spec phone that some posters have been clamoring for.

But, I can almost guarantee that, if they make it, 45% of folks here will say it's specs suck, 45% will say it's too expensive, and 10% will love it.

Lol. But they don't have a track record for high end phones do they? Would be a massive shift in their strategy when they are already losing money wouldn't it?
    01-10-18 08:21 AM

It's not even an opinion, but a fact, that battery life is more important than a few milliseconds of waiting for an app to open. Why? Because the whole point of a cellular phone is to be MOBILE.
    An OEM could throw in quick charge 8.0 for all I care, there is no excuse for poor battery performance.
    Why in the world would you want to depend on a mid-day quick charge (aka quick battery degrade) to get through the day, when an SD 6xx + 3500mAh can guarantee you a full day of heavy use.

Furthermore, I'm fairly surprised how everyone is raving about how perfect of an OS BB10 is, cause when I tried a Classic (for only a week I admit), I found the usage AND standby battery life to be just terrible. Unplugging before bed at 100% on airplane mode + power saving mode + all apps closed, to wake up to it at 90%? Lol, my Priv doesn't even lose a single digit. Moving back from that Classic to a Priv felt the same as those who move from Priv to K1. Night and day.
    Qorax likes this.
    01-10-18 08:23 AM
    Are you the guy who use to take us on motorcycle excursions by pictures? Or have I confused you with someone else on the board?
    Nope, sorry, not me. I sadly don't own a motorcycle any more.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-10-18 08:38 AM

And 0.1% will actually buy it at initial offer.

Another 0.9% will buy it for between 30-50% off.

Then once BBMo dumps it after year or so, everyone will complain why BBMo doesn't make the best device ever anymore because the one they bought used off Amazon, Ebay, Swappa, Letgo, CBMarketplace or Craigslist is the best device ever. Don't believe me? Go checkout all the BB10 device forums such as "Where are the (insert name here)at?"
    01-10-18 09:40 AM
    And 0.1% will actually buy it at initial offer.

Another 0.9% will buy it for between 30-50% off.

Then once BBMo dumps it after year or so, everyone will complain why BBMo doesn't make the best device ever anymore because the one they bought used off Amazon, Ebay, Swappa, Letgo, CBMarketplace or Craigslist is the best device ever. Don't believe me? Go checkout all the BB10 device forums such as "Where are the (insert name here)at?"
    Those who buy it after it's been discontinued will also complain that it has been abandoned because it doesn't receive three years of updates and version upgrades from the day they bought off of eBay or Etsy!
    01-10-18 09:47 AM
    "A well built PKB device with top specs (none of this Snapdragon 600 series garbage) would be enticing."
    enticing- def: tempting or luring. Not a committed consumer... I will put you on the potential customer instead of targetted customer (evangelist BB) category (your wish will not considered as design matrix if old marketing book counts).
    01-10-18 12:17 PM
    Top spec like Priv was? Yeah, poor battery life, shaky performance, out of their mind pricing (out of necessity for such a custom phone) and so on and so on. I will take endless battery life and good solid design over top spec.
    01-10-18 01:28 PM
    Glad to see some good news for BB
    01-10-18 02:14 PM
    I can deal with the 625 processor ( i'm not using it for gaming, constant facebook, IM-ing-etc), the great PBK, the awesome battery life... What i would like is a better internal antenna.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-10-18 02:48 PM

Doubt it, it will probably be the leaked BBF100 -1 with the SD660, which is the best 600 series chipset... and it will probably be the upgrade to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ so I would suspect same price point.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-18 07:44 PM
    Even if experiences like this are told all over, people will still whine about a phone not having the latest 8xx processor. Proof that smartphones are boring now and specs are the only thing to talk about
    Ya! As long as it has dark hub and Lithuanian support...that’s all we need
    01-10-18 08:41 PM
    12GB ram, 2TB storage, 6" display, solid fuel rocket boosters and $99 CDN.

But only if you pre-order now. Send me your bitcoin now......
    Mmm... all what you said was about right until you mentioned the $99 CAD price... I tell you right now, it won't sell well in India...
    valer466 and stlabrat like this.
    01-10-18 09:34 PM
    I'm going back to my Casio Ravine 2. Do you flip phone, brah?
    01-11-18 03:53 PM
    To all those that whine about not having the sd 835. I have on in my note 8 with 6gb of ram. I have every samsung app disabled and replaced with google ones and blackberry ones. The phone can still lag and stutter. Just a few days ago reddit was a hot mess and today mozilla was having issues loading. Oh and the hub takes a second or two to load even with animations at .5.

It's android itself, not the phone hardware. Android is too fragmented.
    It's NOT Android...it's Samsung. My Pixel 2 XL never lags, come to think of it, even my old Pixel XL never lagged because Pixels run real and pure Android and not the Samsung junk. My Samsung's ALWAYS lagged.
    01-11-18 09:46 PM
    12GB ram, 2TB storage, 6" display, solid fuel rocket boosters and $99 CDN.

But only if you pre-order now. Send me your bitcoin now......
    I am sure you would find at least one soul here who would say tha $49.99 is the right price and anything over it is just outrageous
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-12-18 12:42 AM
    Do you flip phone, brah?
    Aye, some do.

Blackberry Underestimated KEYone demand by 50%-beadwork_bra.jpg
    01-12-18 07:51 AM
    Still trying to get past the Smarties thing, but then again they don't have Coffee Crisp or ketchup chips either...

The thought of a slider is intriguing. I was hoping to move to a K1 from Passport if the loyalty incentive was any good, but it might be worth seeing what's in the pipeline.

Until the announcement that the Priv was done, I'd been poking around to find a good price on a used one, but I've moved on from that and will wait to see about the slider.

I got hooked on the 9810, moved through the Q10 and now Passport, but would love to go back to a slider. It was the best of everything, big screen (even though it was a fraction of the size of the Passport screen!) and PKB when you needed it.

Options are good, so it'll be nice to see what's next.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-18 02:25 PM
    For a Passport type/size device...BBMo might try something like a foldable phone that is half PKB and half touch. That could solve the screen and PKB size issues without resorting to a slider. Seems like foldable phones are going to be the next big thing...
    01-12-18 05:18 PM
    Foldable... So flip phones?
    01-12-18 05:50 PM
    Foldable... So flip phones?
    Ha ha...not exactly. I think Samsung and others have something a bit more sexy in mind. But a flip phone would be right up Alcatel's alley, so to speak. Lol.
    01-12-18 07:18 PM
    Ha ha...not exactly. I think Samsung and others have something a bit more sexy in mind. But a flip phone would be right up Alcatel's alley, so to speak. Lol.
    I think it was Alcatel that had an Android flip phone with LTE on sale recently. It didn't seem like it supported many carriers or I'd have picked one up to try out.
    01-12-18 07:31 PM
    Now all it needs is the return of the Toolbelt and the Trackpad.
    Smokeaire and LSDBerry like this.
    01-13-18 02:56 AM
86 1234