"BlackBerry launched the KeyOne in February 2017, and the initial plan was to sell it in around 10 to 15 markets. Less than a year later, it’s sold in more than 50 markets, and through 120 carriers globally. Hurn said BlackBerry underestimated demand by 50 percent, and called the period after its launch, “a roller coaster,” as the team came together and it learned to better manage the supply chain."

Full article, including quotes from Global head of product Gareth Hurn: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...-edition-news/

"BlackBerry will launch two new smartphones this year that are not based on the existing KeyOne or Motion, and both will have physical keyboards. It has also added a third revision of the existing KeyOne to its lineup, in response to massive demand for the phone."

Should be an interesting 2018.
    danatnr, Byrese, phuoc and 7 others like this.
    01-09-18 10:33 AM
    Slider plus passport anyone?
    01-09-18 10:35 AM
    Whatever it is, 2018 will be a much more qwerty'd year than 2016, which had zero releases (Priv was 2015 technically).
    duncan86 and Qorax like this.
    01-09-18 12:28 PM
    The new model has 6GB or ram, or 4?
    6GB would be awesome for a new release...
    duncan86 and Qorax like this.
    01-09-18 03:04 PM
    12GB ram, 2TB storage, 6" display, solid fuel rocket boosters and $99 CDN.

But only if you pre-order now. Send me your bitcoin now......
    FF22, ppeters914, Carjackd and 8 others like this.
    01-09-18 03:09 PM
    Pretty sure they meant 4/64 like the Black Ed dual SIM.
    01-09-18 03:15 PM
    I'm not a fan of the bronze. I'm happy with my day 1 silver. Wish I got the black but eh.
    Byrese and Qorax like this.
    01-09-18 03:18 PM
    Passport 2.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax likes this.
    01-09-18 03:21 PM
    A well built PKB device with top specs (none of this Snapdragon 600 series garbage) would be enticing.
    ardakca, Qorax, Byrese and 1 others like this.
    01-09-18 03:26 PM
    Passport like device would be nice.
    but i would prefer a k1 like device.
    Put in a better camera, more ram and better CPU minimum 3500mah battery like keyone. thats it. perfect device if they promise minimum 2 major android updates
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-09-18 03:30 PM
    A well built PKB device with top specs (none of this Snapdragon 600 series garbage) would be enticing.
    New snapdragon 6XX series is nice. 8XX su*ks to much battery
    Qorax likes this.
    01-09-18 03:31 PM
    The 660 is very impressive.
    deezy87 likes this.
    01-09-18 03:32 PM
    The 660 is very impressive.
    When I get a chance I'll post a selfie with one. She's totally worth it!!
    ppeters914 and conite like this.
    01-09-18 03:40 PM
    That "garbage" is what gets many users through up to 2 full days of moderate use. 660 should be respectable for a 2018 release.
    Either way, people are wayyy too obsessed with processor numbers. Has phone design gotten that boring/bland that spec sheets is the only thing to get excited about?
    BB_PP, rthonpm, eldricho and 6 others like this.
    01-09-18 03:42 PM
    I still want a '69 Charger with the 426 Hemi and 2x4 on the cross-ram manifold!

Wait ... wrong forum.

Ignore me!
    01-09-18 03:45 PM
    I still want a '69 Charger with the 426 Hemi and 2x4 on the cross-ram manifold!

Wait ... wrong forum.

Ignore me!
    Someone was Graveyard Carz binging.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    glwerry likes this.
    01-09-18 04:02 PM
    12GB ram, 2TB storage, 6" display, solid fuel rocket boosters and $99 CDN.

But only if you pre-order now. Send me your bitcoin now......
    Lol.
    01-09-18 04:08 PM
    "BlackBerry will launch two new smartphones this year that are not based on the existing KeyOne or Motion, and both will have physical keyboards. It has also added a third revision of the existing KeyOne to its lineup, in response to massive demand for the phone."

Should be an interesting 2018.
    I smell a Priv redo coming. And I'm getting pretty excited about that possibility. I don't see the point in mentioning that they 'aren't based on the KEYone' if they weren't considerably different. I hope it's a slider AND the most compact Android BlackBerry to date.

People can say there is no market for the slider all they want to. Those that actually WANT one absolutely disagree. And I don't speak for everyone, but many of the same crowd would want a more compact device (you know, the whole point of the slider design to begin with). And I would also think that people who want a more compact design (also many of them out there) would gladly accept the slider form. There aren't many compact devices out there and this would be another niche well within reach for BlackBerry Mobile. I'm sure that it isn't just BlackBerry fans that want a smaller device than the current flood of phablets. It's actually a decent strategy for converting users to BlackBerry. They DO love the physical keyboard, they just don't know it yet!

Let's wait and see but I definitely agree - it's going to be an interesting 2018.
    Qorax likes this.
    01-09-18 04:15 PM
    Maybe even a flip phone!

Posted via CB10
    phuoc, Qorax and StephanieMaks like this.
    01-09-18 04:20 PM
    I smell a Priv redo coming. And I'm getting pretty excited about that possibility. I don't see the point in mentioning that they 'aren't based on the KEYone' if they weren't considerably different. I hope it's a slider AND the most compact Android BlackBerry to date.

People can say there is no market for the slider all they want to. Those that actually WANT one absolutely disagree. And I don't speak for everyone, but many of the same crowd would want a more compact device (you know, the whole point of the slider design to begin with). And I would also think that people who want a more compact design (also many of them out there) would gladly accept the slider form. There aren't many compact devices out there and this would be another niche well within reach for BlackBerry Mobile. I'm sure that it isn't just BlackBerry fans that want a smaller device than the current flood of phablets. It's actually a decent strategy for converting users to BlackBerry. They DO love the physical keyboard, they just don't know it yet!

Let's wait and see but I definitely agree - it's going to be an interesting 2018.
    I started out my smartphone life with a 9810 slider. So, when my Classic couldn't handle certain Google apps and the PRIV showed up, I was on it like a fat kid on Smarties!

(For you folks from the USA, Smarties are a bit like M&M's, except that they are slightly larger and the candy coating is at least twice as thick. I am still astonished that people in the USA claim to be a "civilized" country, when you can't get Smarties there!!!!)
    phuoc, andy957 and Qorax like this.
    01-09-18 04:24 PM
    That "garbage" is what gets many users through up to 2 full days of moderate use. 660 should be respectable for a 2018 release.
    Either way, people are wayyy too obsessed with processor numbers. Has phone design gotten that boring/bland that spec sheets is the only thing to get excited about?
    I don't care about numbers, I care about feel, and there is a very obvious slowness to the KEYone at times. Like when I'm out and need to access something quickly, and the apps just kind of freeze up. I love the battery life - though mine has not been nearly as good lately - but it's just too slow at times.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01-09-18 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Autocorrect!!
    Hulk123 likes this.
    01-09-18 04:24 PM
    I started out my smartphone life with a 9810 slider. So, when my Classic couldn't handle certain Google apps and the PRIV showed up, I was on it like a fat kid on Smarties!

(For you folks from the USA, Smarties are a bit like M&M's, except that they are slightly larger and the candy coating is at least twice as thick. I am still astonished that people in the USA claim to be a "civilized" country, when you can't get Smarties there!!!!)
    We have Smarties, but they are something completely different from what you describe.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smarties_(tablet_candy)
    01-09-18 04:26 PM
    we have smarties, but they are something completely different from what you describe.
    cultural appropriation!
    01-09-18 04:29 PM
    hm, don't think that I will get another bb. My keyone will be the last
    01-09-18 04:38 PM
    I don't see the point in mentioning that they 'aren't based on the KEYone' if they weren't considerably different.
    They only meant it's not another derivative like the Black or Bronze editions.

I would put the odds of another slider at 1000:1.
    01-09-18 04:48 PM
86 123 ...