OK I really like the swipe typing, because the keys on the KEYone are fairly hard to press and lead to fatigue very fast. But what if it could be possible to type on the keyboard without actually pressing the keys but touching them?
    @blackberry is this possible?
    10-19-17 05:22 AM
    I suggest you wait for the Motion, what is your point of buying a pkb if your fingers do not want to workout?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 06:50 AM
    I suggest you wait for the Motion, what is your point of buying a pkb if your fingers do not want to workout?

Posted via CB10
    Lol my thoughts exactly.
    10-19-17 08:55 AM
    OK I really like the swipe typing, because the keys on the KEYone are fairly hard to press and lead to fatigue very fast. But what if it could be possible to type on the keyboard without actually pressing the keys but touching them?
    Exercise those thumbs bud! Endurance will come with time and practice. Otherwise, you are very much not within the target market of the KEYone as its for people who want exactly what you are asking if there is a way around. It's all about that little click!
    FF22 likes this.
    10-19-17 09:29 AM
    sell your K1 and buy motion.. it comes with same swipe you like... the keypad is based on metal dome to trig physical contact, you need to push (actually, after few month, you will get the best feedback, sort of worked in for both your fingers and keybad). the beauty for keyboard is you don't need to look to type (if you are good)... hard to do that with VKB...
    10-19-17 10:18 AM
    if your talking about swiping over the keyboard to write to enable it.

Go to
    Settings
    language & input
    keyboard settings
    type by swiping
    then enable Type by swiping

should be what your looking for.
    10-19-17 10:29 AM
    it does work but takes sometime to get used to it and have to be precise to get it to work.
    10-19-17 10:31 AM
    Guys thank, but I'm using BlackBerry keyboard phones sinces 2013 and slowly my thumbs are falling apart. I don't want to have a surgery in a couple of years just because of keyboard typing.
    10-20-17 02:44 AM
    if your talking about swiping over the keyboard to write to enable it.

Go to
    Settings
    language & input
    keyboard settings
    type by swiping
    then enable Type by swiping

should be what your looking for.
    That's my current workaround, thanks. But still doesn't make too much sense to have a physical keyboard then. I loved the keyboard especially for emulator gaming, but it's getting hard to enjoy when your thumbs hurt. Btw, I'm 33 ^^
    10-20-17 02:46 AM
    well looks like the motion is your best bet...
    10-20-17 03:45 AM
    That's my current workaround, thanks. But still doesn't make too much sense to have a physical keyboard then. I loved the keyboard especially for emulator gaming, but it's getting hard to enjoy when your thumbs hurt. Btw, I'm 33 ^^
    Has anyone gotten really good at this? I want to but I just can't.
    10-20-17 07:24 AM
    Yes it is possible. Settings, language and input and keyboard settings.
    10-20-17 07:40 AM
    it would seem like a cool feature but having the physical keyboard is there for physical typing if you want touch typing on keyone pull up the virtual keyboard and use that but that seems pointless to me
    10-20-17 08:55 AM
    isn't this already possible? It was on the Priv.

Edit: or are you actually talking about key by key typing rather than swiping?
    10-20-17 10:34 AM