Checking out the classic tool belt and thought, though the tool belt was unnecessary to BB10, android requires the three buttons to work, I think the tool belt would make more sense to android users that the three ones they have now.

1. The hangup button. No comment there! For me nothing beats a physical key to hang up , except land line phones that u can actually smash to hangup.

2. The answer key. Ultimately it's a phone, pressing that key to access the calls list, scrolling down and simply dialing is just comfortable.

3. The BlackBerry button, simply replaces the app drawer button.

4. Back button is back button

5. The scroller, is home button, and scroller, and if possible fingerprint reader.

I think a classic android, low to midrange, would sell.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    02-18-16 12:59 PM
    While I do think there are times that a "scroller" would be a benefit.... I think the trend is to simplify and get rid of the physical components in favor of more screen real estate.. thus most Android devices have made the Android buttons virtual.
    02-18-16 01:21 PM
    On the Classic, I still catch myself pressing and holding the menu button on the toolbelt, half expecting the app switcher to magically show up. Some BBOS habits die hard, I suppose. Still prefer my Q10 though. Haven't figured out why the Classic even has a toolbelt really. I just wish I could use BB10 gestures on Android but I know that won't happen.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    ayngling likes this.
    02-18-16 01:42 PM
    I would have to agree that basically an android classic would be a great device.

If the keypad was touch sensitive then get rid of the scrollpad.

Why they have to bother redesigning the vienna to look new when the classic looks great anyways. Same some money, save some time get it out.

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    02-19-16 11:26 AM
    Keep it the same to other android phones. The more differential factors BlackBerry put it in there, the more problems it will have initially. It's like the BlackBerry launcher, it's already very much stock Android now, but it's so buggy in the beginning.

The reason Apple 's products are generally stable, is because their SW upgrading cycles are 2 years instead of 1. The year releases "s" series devices are usually incremental SW upgrades.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    02-19-16 11:58 AM
    Come to think about it, wouldn't putting toolbelts on androids be more or less "training wheels" and nothing more for us BlackBerry users??

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    02-19-16 12:01 PM
    Come to think about it, wouldn't putting toolbelts on androids be more or less "training wheels" and nothing more for us BlackBerry users??

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    It's like the mute button. It requires a little bit learning or change for Android users to make use of it... and that becomes the barrier or moot point... or even a negative point for people suggesting BlackBerry is still living in the past. The only winners are us, the BlackBerry users who already know the benefit of the mute button and require no getting used to in terms of usage patterns.

Instead of adding new changes or differentiation factors, BlackBerry probably wants to get the released differentiation factors matured and improved. Like the Hub, the launcher, the productivity tab, the camera, battery life, BBM video, the content transfer app, etc. Etc.

02-19-16 01:07 PM
    It made sense to me while fooling around with my wife's note 5, android already uses a "tool belt", why not BlackBerryfy it!

This wouldn't make sense on an all touch screen, but if they release a Q range "the vienna" with an android belt "as per leaks" why not add the BlackBerry Style to that belt.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 02:38 AM
    I actually think it makes more sense on android than on BB10 for some reason, i hate scrolling from the right on a fullscreen app to accesss the buttons on android, i would love a toolbelt on an android.
    02-21-16 12:37 PM
    Keep it the same to other android phones. The more differential factors BlackBerry put it in there, the more problems it will have initially. It's like the BlackBerry launcher, it's already very much stock Android now, but it's so buggy in the beginning.

The reason Apple 's products are generally stable, is because their SW upgrading cycles are 2 years instead of 1. The year releases "s" series devices are usually incremental SW upgrades.

It's stable because of vertical integration.
    02-21-16 02:56 PM