BlackBerry Priv, Passport, Classic and other models no longer available from BlackBerry in the U.S.

Well it was going to happen, so much of what we all imagine Blackberry to be is quickly hurrying away, soon to be lost to history.

I recently bought a new Passport SE from Hong Kong and glad that I did. I've had three BBPPOG's but never an SE.

So many are angry, frustrated and short tempered and refusing to deal with reality well, if at all.

I want to thank Chen for the extended life of Blackberry phones, where too many refuse to give him the credit he deserves. Without Chen the Blackberry phone very well would have been gone two years ago.

But here we all are, anxious for the TCL/Blackberry KEYone. Just because it's made directly by TCL it is still very much the soul of Blackberry. It was always the hardware for me until BB10OS came around. Then is was both hardware and OS! OMG, I'll never forget the endless battery pulls on my first Blackberry!

Much is left to be seen about the rhetoric vs reality. We've been frustrated times before with phones that came out before they truly worked 100% as described.

Where many want to gloat and say I told you so, I think there are many, many more who wish this phone to come out 100% and rock'n as many from Barcelona have declared from their show KEYone's.

Only time will tell what the headlines will say, hopefully; 'Blackberry Killer PKB KEYone Is Amazing!"

Priv is a disaster with the hardware being the blame IMHO, as long as KEYone hardware is flawless. Software updates can resolves any tweeks that may crop up early on.

Why so many dread returning an in warranty phone that seems flawed baffles me. Enjoying to post nah, nah, nah, crappy, crappy. Just send it back for a full refund or replacement. Isn't that the obvious solution? If you can't return a phone under warranty then come back and complain about that.

If you want flawless and boring slab, buy an iPhone (sorry iPhone lovers) but if you want a sexy beast of a machine, stick around!
    eiruvrav, Insync and bakron1 like this.
    05-08-17 07:27 AM
    Kudos to you for saying it the way it is and giving credit where credit is due!
    05-08-17 07:38 AM
    I can understand dropping the older 2 but to drop the Priv already seems premature.

Guess there is our answer to whether Nougat will come to Priv...... it won't.

It's KEYone or bust now.
    05-08-17 08:10 AM
    Not sure they really had a choice. Surely TCL could not have been too pleased with a competing pkb device actually made by BlackBerry still for sale at half the price of the K1. Could also be part of the licensing deal.

DTEKs are still for sale, but those are made by TCL so likely no issues there...
    05-08-17 08:20 AM