I had to do a factory reset on my Priv due to "corrupt data". I restored through Blackberry Content Transfer App. However, my Blackberry Notes app is empty. I had a lot of info. on the BB Notes. I need that data from my BB Notes. I have several prior backups to choose from to at get 95% of my BB Notes. How can I access my BB Notes from a prior backup and "paste" them into my now empty BB Notes or at least save them on my PC? I am a novice, so if you response please explain it like you are talking to a 5 year old.
    10-03-17 03:10 PM
    I am not sure, but I think they're gone forever... I backup all notes via share to KEEP app... there is not much choice for automated backup despite pleading to BlackBerry since Priv... remember REMEMBER from Passport? was better
    10-03-17 03:49 PM
    Notes can sync to Exchange but if they were not on an exchange account I think you're hosed.
    10-03-17 04:26 PM
    I stopped using Notes on my Priv because it had no backup/restore ability. LAME is my most pleasant word for it. Remember from BB10 was dream - Notes more of a nightmare.

I went with Note Everywhere. It is not bad and allows backup and restore.

I think you are out of luck.
    10-03-17 05:13 PM
    I stopped using Notes on my Priv because it had no backup/restore ability. LAME is my most pleasant word for it. Remember from BB10 was dream - Notes more of a nightmare.

I went with Note Everywhere. It is not bad and allows backup and restore.

I think you are out of luck.
    The problem is that BlackBerry is oriented towards Microsoft when it comes to Notes, and Microsoft deprecated Notes in Outlook back in Office 2010. It's still available as a legacy feature in Exchange, IF you set up an exchange account, but the direct sync with Outlook is no longer supported in Link for BB10.

There is an app for BB10 that will allow you to export all your notes as a text file. I think it's called All Notes Back Up. That might help you recover your old back ups.

I sync with Exchange still, but longer term I think OneNote or Evernote is a better solution on Android.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-17 06:15 PM