I emailed BlackBerry Support asking but of course no response.
    01-20-18 11:57 AM
    We all know how to get into the power center app. This thread about how do we get into the app management setting, that they just added to the power center app. So far it's only accessible when it flags an app using too much power.
    I see, now, thanks.
    01-20-18 12:35 PM
    Here are screenshots of the new power center option. It popped up on my phone last night because of Instagram. But I still don't see a way to automatically get into it. It seems a bit different then the normal background application setting.
    Now this is the screen I Was pushed to choose what I would allow to run in background and I must sy it's the most effective one.
    01-20-18 04:34 PM
    even greenify and androids own solution does not work as well. my test app was waze. and even after shutting down and force close and what not it was still triggering dtek.
    01-20-18 04:35 PM
    so if someone can find away to get into ooer center's background app control that would be sweet!
    01-20-18 04:37 PM
    Screenshots
    This is not what we are looking for
    01-20-18 04:39 PM
    Screenshot
    It's this one
    01-20-18 04:40 PM
    and the reason for that is this:

google is able to keep location data even ehe location services ifs off.

it's a bit of a given because you are investing the most data minded company in the world.

so for those who value certain commitment to privacy despite what ever what already been put out there , these this maybe soemthin you want to ponder about
    01-20-18 04:50 PM
    in the end it's what Edward Snowden says" not caring about your digital privacy be cause you have nothing to hide is like saying you don't care for freedom of speech because you have nothing to say.
    FF22 and bigjman like this.
    01-20-18 04:53 PM
    I think someone mentioned it here, but going into settings and searching on 'background' will provide a means to the same screen. Reason I know it's the same despite a slightly different description, is because the same apps I disabled already via Power Center appear here. So it must just be the same core feature of Android N.
    Last edited by terminatorx; 02-12-18 at 03:53 PM.
    02-12-18 03:39 PM
    I didn't get power drain notification lately except chrome. However that option to access the background app is no longer available when I got notified. I am on power centre beta. Anyone can confirm this?
    02-13-18 06:57 PM
    Screenshot
    Your screenshot is the app I've been trying to find. All that I can find is this below which I believe is not from the power center app but android itself.
    Attached Thumbnails blackberry power center app-149926.jpg  
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-02-18 02:56 PM
    I think someone mentioned it here, but going into settings and searching on 'background' will provide a means to the same screen. Reason I know it's the same despite a slightly different description, is because the same apps I disabled already via Power Center appear here. So it must just be the same core feature of Android N.
    So the power center "manage background apps" and the android feature is one and the same? Only different UI and access?
    04-02-18 03:01 PM
    So the power center "manage background apps" and the android feature is one and the same? Only different UI and access?
    Power Centre has far more features.
    04-02-18 03:14 PM
    Power center app used to have a feature to disable auto-start in the background. However, this feature only appeared momentarily in one update, and disappeared afterwards. So you cannot prevent auto-start in power centre app anymore.

However, if you want to manage background apps, like limit the background process, or whether an app should continue running when the screen turns off, you need to set up in the developer options and/or settings > apps > gears > special access > background apps.

I think since android 6 or 7 there is a doze mode implemented which is through battery optimisation. If you turn on battery optimisation for all apps, the app will be in doze mode after the screen turns off for a period of time.
    04-02-18 04:05 PM
    thank you for this thread! it was very helpful!
    04-02-18 06:52 PM
    Yes, as far as the background apps this appears to be the same setting.
    04-02-18 10:29 PM
    Here's something new as of update AAW377. You are no longer able to get into background apps via searching for it in settings, like I previously described.

As of this update, there is a new option in Power Center called, "Manage Automatic Apps" (at least I never saw it before). This takes you to the screen where you can disable apps from opening automatically in the background.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-04-18 01:42 PM
    Definitely a new setting in the Power Center. My Background is also gone from Settings > Search
    04-04-18 03:46 PM
44 12