Just purchased the KeyOne and I'm utterly disappointed that there is no Desktop program anymore. My old Q10 backup is garbage now. I even talked to Sprint techs and they said Poor Blackberry failed to offer backup like ITunes for iphone has and Galaxy has for their phones. All that's available is a Transfer third party app and its extremely limited. So the backup disk I have in my safe with all my notes and password keeper is useless. Blackberry why would you put out a device that cant read your previous Q10? I was so excited to get the Keyone had a iphone 6 for 1-1/2 expecting to take this device plug it into my desktop transfer all my files seamlessly from my Q10 to the KeyOne and NOT. The New Blackberry's are totally brain dead to Blackberyy's OS10 desktop software. Sad Sad Day for me. New Sprint KeyOne for sale. Waiting on the new iphone 8 now. At least I can restore my iphone 6 backup with ease when the time comes
    08-08-17 02:37 PM
    Building such an application would be a colossal waste of resources.

Just use the Content Transfer app, and export your old BlackBerry Passwords.

Going forward, Google backup and other cloud syncs are all that you need on Android.
    08-08-17 03:23 PM
    BlackBerry Content Transfer and Password Keeper export moved everything from my Q10 to my K1. No desktop software needed.

But, it sounds like you're here just to complain rather than ask for help.
    pinkvikchick, FF22 and taraskyn like this.
    08-08-17 03:28 PM
    Going forward... yes both Android (KEYone) and iOS have much more consumer friendly solutions for backing up..... not as secure as some enterprise customers would have wanted I expect

In the end most of use are consumers and we don't have some IT department making sure everything is backed up for us. Which is why between LINK not working and BB10's red light of death, it was a very common issue. That's all in the past now, moving forward Android phones all come with the same capabilities as iOS.... only you won't have to pay for extra storage to backup those pictures.
    modifier likes this.
    08-08-17 03:31 PM
    I used the BlackBerry content transfer for my wife's Q10 and my Classic to our respective new Keyone; it worked just fine.
    FF22 and modifier like this.
    08-08-17 04:39 PM
    My old blackberry is broken and all i have is the backup in my computer. So yeah this sucks everything is lost now
    08-09-17 01:28 AM
    Learn to backup online or use backup programs properly. Ezpz.
    08-09-17 12:20 PM
    My old blackberry is broken and all i have is the backup in my computer. So yeah this sucks everything is lost now
    Try to borrow some old device, restore it on it and then move it to K1 via tha transfer app
    08-09-17 03:11 PM
    Learn to backup online or use backup programs properly. Ezpz.
    You mean like blackberry link, which I used and had no reason to think that I would have a problem uploading to another blackberry device?

Try to borrow some old device, restore it on it and then move it to K1 via tha transfer app
    That is not an option for me.
    08-10-17 02:32 PM
    Just a thought, don't know if this will work, but...

Google "BlackBerry 10 Device Simulator".

You may be able to download and install one of those and restore your backup to it. I have no idea how to then get the data from the restored simulation to your new phone, but it might be possible.
    08-10-17 05:05 PM
    Just a thought, don't know if this will work, but...

Google "BlackBerry 10 Device Simulator".

You may be able to download and install one of those and restore your backup to it. I have no idea how to then get the data from the restored simulation to your new phone, but it might be possible.
    Not how that works. Link looks for a hardware connection (wired through USB), or wi-fi if set up for it, for the phone. There's no other way to do it.
    08-10-17 10:09 PM
    OP hasn't replied in two days lol
    08-10-17 10:35 PM
    I have tried everything emulators, or simulators, or blackberry extractor does not work to open a bbb file. I have texts that i desperately need to get out of my phone and they are lost . I didnt even want a keyone when i broke my phone my insurance would not give me another q10 because they said it was discontinued so i had to get a new phone which cost me $500 instead of the $100 deductible. and now I can'r retrieve my sms messages so i am just ****ed all around
    08-31-17 11:22 AM
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Although you seem to blame BlackBerry for this, please know for the future that relying on a computer file in your PC was risky because your PC could also die. And since you seem to use Sprint, you are limited in which phones would work on your account.

Nothing can change the past, but for the future, please try a solution which would work online and across multiple platforms.
    As you are moving to an iPhone, you will be tied to the icloud for your backups, unless there is an app will specifically save your SMS to a generic platform, since the loss of your previous SMS is so unbearable for you.
    08-31-17 02:42 PM