Thats the way it is...just saying. I had to take the iPhone even though I bought the PP myself and refuse to use the iPhone cause it's company policy.
    (yes I know this is silly and a waste of money but I had no choice)

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like your iPhone is the enterprise phone not your blackberry
    10-04-16 06:24 AM
    Sounds like your iPhone is the enterprise phone not your blackberry
    What seems to be the case very often: iPhone from the company.
    10-04-16 07:04 AM
    Well the iPhone is the company supplied phone but I only use my BlackBerry for private and business since do not like iPhones at all. The iPhone sits inside the original packaging and is never used.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 09:28 AM
    This is literally their last chance. They have to price these properly. They cannot tack on a higher price just because they think BlackBerry is a premium brand.

It's not.

BlackBerry's reputation has been in the toilet for years and they seem to be the only ones that don't realize it.

Posted via CB10
    So what if future handsets just simply had the DTEK branding instead of the "classic" BlackBerry logos!?
    10-23-16 07:45 PM
    So what if future handsets just simply had the DTEK branding instead of the "classic" BlackBerry logos!?
    More like no branding on the front and just a new backplate.
    10-24-16 12:49 PM
    More like no branding on the front and just a new backplate.
    I think he means that even the backplate won't have the BB logo, maybe a new logo or just simply "DTEK" or something.

Kind of like how Dodge is trying to distance its Ram trucks from the main brand. You won't hear them calling it the "Dodge Ram" anymore, it's always just "Ram trucks" as if it's a separate brand. You'll notice in dealerships with multiple brands they will list them off: "Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, Dodge"

I wonder too if it could benefit them to distance their phones from the BB name...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-24-16 02:15 PM
    I think he means that even the backplate won't have the BB logo, maybe a new logo or just simply "DTEK" or something.

Kind of like how Dodge is trying to distance its Ram trucks from the main brand. You won't hear them calling it the "Dodge Ram" anymore, it's always just "Ram trucks" as if it's a separate brand. You'll notice in dealerships with multiple brands they will list them off: "Jeep, Ram, Chrysler, Dodge"

I wonder too if it could benefit them to distance their phones from the BB name...

Well as long as it says something other than Samsung, should be okay. I do fly on airplanes sometimes... don't want trouble with the TSA and airline staff.
    10-24-16 02:24 PM

I've always thought the DTEK line could do well using a similar model as the Nexus phone. Nexus is a Google brand but it's not branded with Google and instead is co-branded with the manufacture. HTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola and more have all manufactured Nexus phones and have had success. So BlackBerry would have to be willing to drop the BlackBerry name and share branding with the manufacture but I think in the end it will help boost brand awareness.
    10-24-16 06:25 PM
    Actually if you look at the whole picture optimistically, that is what they are doing. They are testing the waters on how high they can go. Rules of business is that you price your product as high as the market will accept. They priced the Priv high end, market doesn't accept it, dump the Priv on the secondary market and watch it drop to see at what point they can balance the margin and market selling price. This is my explanation on why they are writing down the inventory so quickly, as a market pricing experiment.

But then of course I could be very wrong as well and they really are just delusional.
    Agreed as that's what I thought as well. What other explanation is there!?
    10-31-16 03:36 PM
    Agreed as that's what I thought as well. What other explanation is there!?
    then the moment they hit that sweet spot is when they're going to release the mercury right!?!?
    please say yes :S
    10-31-16 08:03 PM
    i want mercury
    11-02-16 12:35 PM
511 ... 192021