Hello everyone,

A short intro about myself. I've been using BlackBerry devices since 9900 to the OS10 era now to the android era. Im on a keyone. My screen came off. BB Mobile gave me two options, get a refurbished phone or send in my good phone and they will repair the phone and return MY phone. However they sent me another phone (I know this for a fact because the IMEI number is different). Why did they do this?
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    01-31-18 12:57 PM
    Why did they do this?
    Only they know. Maybe you should try contacting them again and asking.
    Adam Zeis and andy957 like this.
    01-31-18 01:04 PM
    Bla1ze I get your representing BlackBerry but common, its wrong to replace a device without letting the customer know. For all I know this phones screen can come off at anytime.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    01-31-18 01:07 PM
    bla1ze i get your representing blackberry but common, its wrong to replace a device without letting the customer know. For all i know this phones screen can come off at anytime.
    especially when i sent in my device expecting a repair!
    01-31-18 01:08 PM
    Hello everyone,

A short intro about myself. I've been using BlackBerry devices since 9900 to the OS10 era now to the android era. Im on a keyone. My screen came off. BB Mobile gave me two options, get a refurbished phone or send in my good phone and they will repair the phone and return MY phone. However they sent me another phone (I know this for a fact because the IMEI number is different). Why did they do this?
    That is what many have experienced.... strange they gave you the option. What county are you in?

You can call and ask them why.....
    01-31-18 01:10 PM
    Canada
    01-31-18 01:10 PM
    Canada
    As I said never heard of them giving the option before... maybe the do in some markets are some areas. Was there anything in the paperwork that the originally sent that indicate the phone would be repaired and not replaced?

What did they tell you when you called to ask them?

Other than a different IMEI number, is there a problem with the new phone?
    01-31-18 01:15 PM
    Hello everyone,

They did the same with me. You'll never get your original device back.
    01-31-18 01:29 PM
    Bla1ze I get your representing BlackBerry but common, its wrong to replace a device without letting the customer know. For all I know this phones screen can come off at anytime.
    I'm not representing BlackBerry. My answer was a legit answer. No one here is going to be able to tell you why they did what they did and as you can see from the other answers given to you, it's the same answer. Give them a shout and ask. Would you be happier if I made up some BS answer? Probably not. lol. Anything relayed here is just a guess based on similar experiences. Again, it's best to contact them and ask what the deal is.
    01-31-18 01:40 PM
    I tried calling BB Mobile and I literally feel like im speaking to someone in a third world nation. Why would I give a dollar and get 4 quarters back? Yes its still a KeyOne, but a rerubirshed one is 4 quarters not a dollar. I know Blaze will get that reference
    01-31-18 02:12 PM
    My screen recently separated, and BBM gave me the choice of sending in my phone for repair or giving them a credit card number and having them send me a new/refurbished phone (and they'd release my credit card when they received my old phone). Since I need my phone, I took the 2nd option. Unfortunately, the phone I received has the "speakerphone mic" issue (microphone doesn't work in speaker mode or when taking videos, but it does work when talking normally or using voice search). Now, they've only offered to repair my phone... suggesting 7 business days without a phone is A-OK. We'll see where this goes...
    Qorax likes this.
    01-31-18 03:48 PM
    That is the downside of owning a KeyOne. With an iPhone, just go to your local store and problem resolved same day. That said, the physical keyboard and hub are more important to me than customer service, at least for now. Yet. if I had crackhd's experience, I'd be done and with Apple now.
    02-01-18 06:22 AM
    Hello everyone,

Because they do not have the time to do a one for one. If you had to wait for your phone it might take months, than the screaming about the lag time.............dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-01-18 07:36 AM
    I'm in Canada and when my screen lifted at the time they didn't give me an option to repair. But rather to get a new refurbished replacement!
    02-01-18 10:22 AM
    Because they do not have the time to do a one for one. If you had to wait for your phone it might take months, than the screaming about the lag time.............dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.
    All of this is easily resolved with proper communication. Communicate with the customer as to what is happening, and give them the opportunity to follow up and ask questions. Pretty basic stuff really. A lot of people reporting back on these forums are sending in phones for repair, and getting the wrong model of Keyone in return. Subsequent efforts to try and rectify the problem end in either more of the same or dead air.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-01-18 10:27 AM
    All of this is easily resolved with proper communication. Communicate with the customer as to what is happening, and give them the opportunity to follow up and ask questions. Pretty basic stuff really. A lot of people reporting back on these forums are sending in phones for repair, and getting the wrong model of Keyone in return. Subsequent efforts to try and rectify the problem end in either more of the same or dead air.
    While I will not disagree with you, as for sending the wrong model? I find that hard to believe, for the longest time only one model was available in the US as most countries so wrong model.............

As for returning a defective phone, all companies swap them out for a rebuilt model. If you go to the Apple store it’s the same thing. They are new, new rebuilt. No difference.
    02-01-18 02:12 PM
    While I will not disagree with you, as for sending the wrong model? I find that hard to believe, for the longest time only one model was available in the US as most countries so wrong model.............

As for returning a defective phone, all companies swap them out for a rebuilt model. If you go to the Apple store it’s the same thing. They are new, new rebuilt. No difference.
    In North America officially there was the 3GB/32GB silver model, the 3GB/32GB black model (AT&T and Telus exclusives) and the 4GB/64GB black edition model (not counting the CDMA variants). There are multiple accounts on these forums alone of people sending in their phone for repair and getting a different variant in return. This is especially egregious for those who send in a 4GB/64GB black phone and get a 3GB/32GB model in return. Others have reported getting a refurbished model in return that has some other defect or malfunction. Additionally the process to address these mistakes and have BBMo issue a replacement for their replacement has been nothing short of horrific. Someone at BBMo should be spearheading this and giving post sale service the attention it deserves.
    02-01-18 02:34 PM
    In North America officially there was the 3GB/32GB silver model, the 3GB/32GB black model (AT&T and Telus exclusives) and the 4GB/64GB black edition model (not counting the CDMA variants). There are multiple accounts on these forums alone of people sending in their phone for repair and getting a different variant in return. This is especially egregious for those who send in a 4GB/64GB black phone and get a 3GB/32GB model in return. Others have reported getting a refurbished model in return that has some other defect or malfunction. Additionally the process to address these mistakes and have BBMo issue a replacement for their replacement has been nothing short of horrific. Someone at BBMo should be spearheading this and giving post sale service the attention it deserves.
    You missed the whole point.

Enjoy
    02-01-18 03:06 PM
    You missed the whole point.

Enjoy
    You questioned that the repair center was sending out the wrong model. Guess my comprehension differs from yours.
    02-01-18 03:19 PM
    You questioned that the repair center was sending out the wrong model. Guess my comprehension differs from yours.
    Enjoy
    02-01-18 03:28 PM
    maybe they couldn't fix it...
    02-01-18 03:30 PM
    I purchased a high end ear buds that the right ear failed. Sent them in for repair and they sent me a new (improved) unit. It was called a "courtesy warranty" even though my warranty had expired. I sent them a thank you not. I guess they could not repair the original.
    02-01-18 03:38 PM
    maybe they couldn't fix it...
    Might be.... but communications with the customer would be the route they should have taken. Even if it was a generic letter stuck in the box.

I assume for the OP it's the principle of it all.... as he hasn't indicated any difference other than the IMEI number. Sometimes the principle of a thing can be the difference in a happy customer and an unhappy one.
    02-01-18 03:56 PM
    Might be.... but communications with the customer would be the route they should have taken. Even if it was a generic letter stuck in the box.

I assume for the OP it's the principle of it all.... as he hasn't indicated any difference other than the IMEI number. Sometimes the principle of a thing can be the difference in a happy customer and an unhappy one.
    Happiness does not jump to my mind as blackberry's strongest suit in any of their business formats
    02-01-18 04:00 PM
    My replacement had att build installed somehow so I had to use autoloader to fix it and I have USA unlocked k1.
    02-01-18 06:04 PM
31 12