I might add, the chap in the Mexican call centre was aware that crackberry was the place to go for KEYone support, so that information seems to have been passed on.
    07-19-17 07:14 PM
    You're speaking as if no companies offer international warranties, which is simply not true.

EDIT: BTW., the company we both bought from has this stated under the K1 product page: "This handset is covered by a full 24 month manufacturer’s warranty.". Which I took to mean that the manufacturer is responsible for a faulty product, regardless of where you live.
    Some companies do, but the vast majority of companies only support products originally intended for that market.

I'll give you an example. If you buy a Nikon or Canon camera from an authorized reseller in your country, you will have your warranty honored by the manufacturer. If instead you buy a grey-market camera (which is cheaper), even though the camera is essentially identical, you get no factory warranty. Instead, it is up to the seller to repair or replace your camera - and you don't want to know what a horror show THAT can be. The manufacturer won't do anything for you, even though they are established global companies with local service providers.

Is the K1 even available in Mexico yet? It may not be. But buying out-of-market almost always comes with such risks, and we were discussing those risks here when the UK launch was taking place and some were considering importing phones to avoid a wait. No one should be a bit surprised.
    07-19-17 07:18 PM
    No one should be a bit surprised.
    I, for one, am both surprised and appalled by such a lack of support for a well known and publicly acknowledged issue.
    07-19-17 07:25 PM
    I, for one, am both surprised and appalled by such a lack of support for a well known and publicly acknowledged issue.
    Devices purchased in-market are fully supported. Out-of-market devices are not. It's really that simple.
    07-19-17 08:14 PM
    Whatever man. I've had it with BlackBerry apologists.

Why don't you answer this:

And there are sufficient examples in the various threads of persons buying their KEYone in a country other than their own, but having the screen issue resolved in their own country.

And I specifically refer to the bbmobile acknowledged screen issue.

So I ask bbmobile to give some policy information for consistency reasons.
    But no support for customers in the country that made all the BB10 devices, and even functions as a call centre for Australian customers. Nice.
    07-19-17 08:40 PM
    I just rang mexico again to see if they had received an update re being able to fix screen issue KEYone devices bought offshore, on shore. They're still waiting further advice for that, but, he's been told bbmobile will sell directly into mexico.

He doesn't have a date. And they've been told that the screen coming off is a bbmobile acknowledged issue.

So, tell your friend to wait it out ...
    Last edited by Heavens1; 07-19-17 at 09:24 PM.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-19-17 09:02 PM
    I also want to make the distinction here between buying from a bbmobile accredited dealer, eg selfridges, and a grey importer.

I only refer to bbmobile accredited dealers, that is dealers who are listed on their web pages.
    07-19-17 09:07 PM
    I just rang mexico again to see if they had received an update re being able to fix screen issue KEYone devices bought offshore, on shore. They're still waiting further advice for that, but, he's been told bbmobile will sell directly into mexico.

He doesn't have a date. And they've been told that it is a bbmobile acknowledged issue.

So, tell your friend to wait it out ...
    Thanks a lot man, much appreciated. I just told him. It's good news for me too. It sucks checking your screen every day to make sure that it hasn't loosened somewhere, lol...
    07-19-17 09:13 PM
    No worries 😀

(PS: I'm a woman)
    07-19-17 09:23 PM
    I also want to make the distinction here between buying from a bbmobile accredited dealer, eg selfridges, and a grey importer.
    Right, and I know that the situation is a little different (though similar). The thing is, Selfridges isn't an accredited dealer FOR MEXICO, but is for the UK. Regional restrictions on such things are the norm, not the exception.
    07-20-17 10:03 AM
    Whatever man. I've had it with BlackBerry apologists.
    You think I'm apologizing for BB? Obviously you don't know my reputation around here - I've been accused by some of "being personally responsible for the downfall of BB." LOL!

No, what I'm doing is trying to explain how the vast majority of the consumer electronics business works globally. It really has little to do with BB or BBMo specifically. I once imported a Japanese Sony WalkMan because it was available in a color there that wasn't offered in the US - even though the *only* difference was the color, and the internals were identical. When it broke, Sony refused to help me because they didn't support Japanese-market products in the US. This was in the late 80s, before BB even existed as a pager company. These policies aren't at all new.

Why don't you answer this:

But no support for customers in the country that made all the BB10 devices, and even functions as a call centre for Australian customers. Nice.
    There is currently no support for ANYONE in Mexico yet. BBMo is brand new to most of these markets, and is selling and supporting phones in a different way than they ever have before, so they're taking their time rolling out to different markets and setting up call and service centers (which are no doubt contracted out) for those various markets. Support in Mexico will almost certainly come - it just doesn't exist right now, so they don't have any solutions right now.

Again, this problem could have been avoided by waiting until the device was officially available in the Mexican market. When you go outside the system, you take a risk, just as I did with my WalkMan 30 years ago.
    07-20-17 10:17 AM
    Same policy here in Manila. Very risky to buy from non-authorized sellers. No official warranty.
    07-20-17 10:43 AM
    Same policy here in Manila. Very risky to buy from non-authorized sellers. No official warranty.
    It wasn't bought from a 'non-authorized' seller. Besides, several people here on CB got their replacement device despite the K1 not being available in their country. BBMo/TCL policies regarding warranties don't appear to be consistent at all.
    07-20-17 11:04 AM
38 12