@BlackBerry Mobile is there global screen repair coverage?

I'm in Australia and out of curiosity rang our bbmobile allocated call centre who happen to be in Mexico, and the chap told me that if I bought a KEYone outside of Australia then I would need to get it repaired outside of Australia. And yet, there are examples here on crackberry where posters have explained how they bought off shore but got their screen issue fixed onshore. (See pic) (examples from the UK where the person got it fixed in Canada, another in germany where he lives, and a US example where they bought it in the UK but it was fixed in the US)

So what is the policy? And by the way, the Mexican chap, who was most pleasant, didn't know there was a screen off issue.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry mobile is there global screen repair coverage?-49240.jpg  
    Last edited by Heavens1; 07-17-17 at 06:10 PM.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-17-17 05:33 PM
    The UK/GER example
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry mobile is there global screen repair coverage?-47140.jpg  
    07-17-17 05:52 PM
    It'll be good if they do that globally. I had mine bought from UK but we have got it released locally too. Hopefully if I have any issue, it can be sorted there.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-17-17 06:19 PM
    Yep, as we have a designated bbmobile repair centre here in aus, it can be readily utilised.
    07-17-17 10:02 PM
    Lol @BlackBerry Mobile was all over this forum prior to the KEYone's release. They rarely show their heads in here now.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-18-17 04:13 AM
    And the matters I've raised are integral to getting the bbmobile acknowledged KEYone screen fall off issue sorted.

It's policies like repair that identify a company's attitude to customer service.
    07-18-17 05:06 AM
    I'd be keen on hearing a response from @BlackBerry Mobile. I purchased mine from Clove but am in Aus
    07-18-17 10:50 PM
    I'd be keen on hearing a response from @BlackBerry Mobile. I purchased mine from Clove but am in Aus
    07-18-17 10:50 PM
    is there a problem with yours? i have had mine for a while now and purchased from Clove and i havent had any issues with the screen. I guess this is the risk of purchasing from overseas in that if you cannot get it repaired locally it will cost you more time and money to fix
    07-19-17 07:25 AM
    Nah, no issues here, just curious.

That said I did drop mine from about hip height the other day. Have a clear silicon cover on it. Only damage was the backing came off a little... seemed to pop off surprisingly easy. Clicked it back in mostly ok I think
    07-19-17 07:50 AM
    ....... I guess this is the risk of purchasing from overseas in that if you cannot get it repaired locally it will cost you more time and money to fix
    This cb member had a great customer service experience, and I hope we in Aus can receive the same ....
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry mobile is there global screen repair coverage?-49655.jpg  
    Last edited by Heavens1; 07-19-17 at 04:05 PM.
    07-19-17 03:24 PM
    This cb member had a great customer service experience, and I hope we in Aus can receive the same ....
    What about this CB member residing in Mexico?
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry mobile is there global screen repair coverage?-18604.jpg  
    07-19-17 03:44 PM
    What about this CB member residing in Mexico?
    Can you post here your initial email from customer service? I seem to recall you were told to send the device to anyone you could find in the US (from Mexico), and they should send it to bbmobile for you.
    07-19-17 04:03 PM
    Can you post here your initial email from customer service? I seem to recall you were told to send the device to anyone you could find in the US (from Mexico), and they should send it to bbmobile for you.
    Did you not notice that I posted a screenshot from another user, not me? Anyway, I know the guy outside of CB. What he was told in his initial email was that he needed to have a trusted contact person in the U.S. (which he does not have) in order for BBm to deal with the shipping back and forth. They simply refused to send him a unit to his Mexican address! That is completely unacceptable customer 'service'.
    07-19-17 04:26 PM
    Here, I tracked down the first post from CB user Bsbudd where he posted the initial email from Blackberry Mobile support:

"I live in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico and have the phone for roughly for 1.5 months bought from Unlocked Mobile/UK. A week ago (July 8th) my screen fell into my hands while typing a message. I contacted Blackberry via twitter and the gave me the support line in the USA. I called them and they gave me a case number. 4-5 days later I received the following email from Blackberry support.

---------------------------
    We are trying to accommodate as best as possible by having it repaired/replaced in NA. We can’t ship it to MX. What we can do is for you to send it to the US or Canada with someone of your trust then that person can send the device to the repair center on the area we fix it and then we get it to the person of your trust for him to send it to MX. Please accept my apologize for this inconvenience and let me know if we should proceed.
    ---------------------------

I don't know anybody in Canada or the USA. I also contacted Unlocked Mobile/UK and so far I haven't received an email back.

Here you have it. I thought I will give Blackberry another shot after my bad luck with the Q10 power button not working after 2 months."

He never got a replacement phone, nor an offer to fix the phone, nor the money back. Nothing. I don't blame him for never wanting to buy a BlackBerry branded product ever again.
    07-19-17 04:44 PM
    07-19-17 05:37 PM
    So, apparently BlackBerry Mobile/TCL does not offer global support for a well-known issue. An issue they themselves have publicly acknowledged.
    07-19-17 05:50 PM
    I've wondered if bbmobile has contracted out it's support centres but failed to provide a common script, so call centre staff are saying what they think they ought to say under any given set of circumstances, but not particular to the KEYone.

That would account for the different responses according to the country contacted.

And, bbmobile does not seem to have alerted these 'other' call centres to the acknowledged KEYone screen fall out issues.
    07-19-17 05:59 PM
    And, bbmobile does not seem to have alerted these 'other' call centres to the acknowledged KEYone screen fall out issues.
    All I know is that my friend was told that they were very well aware of the issue, and that it was in fact a problem that had affected many KEYones. No numbers were mentioned, of course.
    07-19-17 06:13 PM
    So, in essence, they acknowledged a well-known issue, but refused to send a new or repaired unit to Mexico.
    07-19-17 06:17 PM
    All I know is that my friend was told that they were very well aware of the issue, and that it was in fact a problem that had affected many KEYones. No numbers were mentioned, of course.
    Interestingly, the call centre chap I spoke to in mexico did not know about the screen off issue, nor that other countries were getting their off shore purchased KEYone devices fixed on shore.
    07-19-17 06:26 PM
    Interestingly, the call centre chap I spoke to in mexico did not know about the screen off issue, nor that other countries were getting their off shore purchased KEYone devices fixed on shore.
    That is interesting indeed. Probably a misinformed person. My friend spoke to someone in the US, not here in Mexico.
    07-19-17 06:29 PM
    Call centers and repair centers aren't the same thing. And when you buy a device out-of-market, you almost always do so at your own risk with no warranty. BBMo has no repair or service providers for Mexico yet, so no one should be surprised by the outcome.

This has nothing to do with BBMo specifically - it would be just the same with tons of other products under this situation.

I suspect that BBMo will eventually have service for Mexico, but they will probably be willing and able to help at that time. I realize that sucks for the purchaser, but again, he knowingly imported an out-of-market device. He took a big risk and, for the time being, lost. If you want guaranteed support, you wait until the product is available in your market and buy it then. It is really that simple.
    07-19-17 06:39 PM
    You're speaking as if no companies offer international warranties, which is simply not true.

EDIT: BTW., the company we both bought from has this stated under the K1 product page: "This handset is covered by a full 24 month manufacturer’s warranty.". Which I took to mean that the manufacturer is responsible for a faulty product, regardless of where you live.
    07-19-17 06:49 PM
    Call centers and repair centers aren't the same thing. And when you buy a device out-of-market, you almost always do so at your own risk with no warranty. BBMo has no repair or service providers for Mexico yet, so no one should be surprised by the outcome.

This has nothing to do with BBMo specifically - it would be just the same with tons of other products under this situation.

I suspect that BBMo will eventually have service for Mexico, but they will probably be willing and able to help at that time. I realize that sucks for the purchaser, but again, he knowingly imported an out-of-market device. He took a big risk and, for the time being, lost. If you want guaranteed support, you wait until the product is available in your market and buy it then. It is really that simple.
    I appreciate your comments (as usual 😀), but just to clarify, the Australian call centre is in Mexico, and the aus repair centre is on shore (here).

And there are sufficient examples in the various threads of persons buying their KEYone in a country other than their own, but having the screen issue resolved in their own country.

And I specifically refer to the bbmobile acknowledged screen issue.

So I ask bbmobile to give some policy information for consistency reasons.
    07-19-17 07:08 PM
38 12