I really appreciated the fact that although I bought a NEW Anyone in May 2019, BlackBerry Mobile will not honor their warranty. They claim it's cause the Ime is not in line with warranty.
    This despite being a phone seller in the US. Thanks for being so horrible. You know as much as I like the keys, I am thinking of just up and leaving cause that is bull****.
    10-25-19 08:32 AM
    I really appreciated the fact that although I bought a NEW Anyone in May 2019, BlackBerry Mobile will not honor their warranty. They claim it's cause the Ime is not in line with warranty.
    This despite being a phone seller in the US. Thanks for being so horrible. You know as much as I like the keys, I am thinking of just up and leaving cause that is bull****.
    Did you manage to get a hold of a KEYᵒⁿᵉ made for the Indian market by Optiemus?

What is the PRD of your device (type *#837837# into the phone dialer)? What is the problem you are having?
    10-25-19 09:20 AM
    so what do all those codes mean? it doesn't say Optimus. it was a US phone on the BlackBerry box.
    10-25-19 10:06 AM
    so what do all those codes mean? it doesn't say Optimus. it was a US phone on the BlackBerry box.
    What is your PRD?
    10-25-19 10:11 AM
    We're trying to confirm you weren't defrauded by the retailer selling you the wrong variant. If you indeed bought a new US phone from an authorized retailer, you should be able to get warranty service.

If you can confirm your PRD and where you purchased the phone, we can try to help you find the right contact to resolve your issue.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    10-25-19 10:11 AM
    63116-017
    10-25-19 10:28 AM
    I saw one reference to the -017 variant being originally distributed in the Dominican Republic. Where did you purchase it?

10-25-19 10:51 AM
    I got it on Amazon. But honestly, it shouldn't matter. A customer with a defective device is still a customer. it's still a Blackberry. doesn't matter if I bought in DR, England or Alpha Ceti V. It's not a knockoff brand. it's their's. This just chases people away. it's okay. they really don't need my money.
    10-25-19 11:04 AM
    I got it on Amazon. But honestly, it shouldn't matter. A customer with a defective device is still a customer. it's still a Blackberry. doesn't matter if I bought in DR, England or Alpha Ceti V. It's not a knockoff brand. it's their's. This just chases people away. it's okay. they really don't need my money.
    I understand your frustration. I would return the device through Amazon as it should not have been sold as a new US market device. For what it's worth, most companies works the same way when it comes to supporting devices intended for foreign markets.

Bottom line: the seller needs to give you your money back.

10-25-19 11:17 AM
    I got it on Amazon. But honestly, it shouldn't matter. A customer with a defective device is still a customer. it's still a Blackberry. doesn't matter if I bought in DR, England or Alpha Ceti V. It's not a knockoff brand. it's there's. This just chases people away. it's okay. they really don't need my money.
    You may think it shouldn't matter, but fact is, it does. And there's nothing you can do about it.

BlackBerry Mobile will only service for a certain amount of time from date of device release. The seller handles warranty after sale. And Amazon isn't selling these phones themselves. You have to see what the actual reseller's name is in the listing to see where it really came from. Then contact them. Unfortunately, that will be the only way to find out if that seller is legitimate.
    10-25-19 11:28 AM
    Apparently it is a legit seller (as of this instance). It just it difficult for me to justify another purchase of this phone.
    10-25-19 11:33 AM
    That's the problem with the 3rd party market. Someone somewhere imported the product from the Caribbean.

I'm from Canada, and if I import a Honda, Chrysler, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda (or some others) from the US, I won't get warranty service here.

Your beef is with the seller if they did not highlight that the device was imported.
    Last edited by conite; 10-25-19 at 12:09 PM.
    10-25-19 11:36 AM
    That's the problem with the 3rd party market. Someone somewhere imported the product from the Caribbean.

I'm from Canada, and if I import a Honda, Chrysler, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda (or some others) from the US, I won't get warranty service here.

Your beef is with the seller if they did not highlight that the device was imported.
    Aside from the OP's issue...cars purchased from the U.S. (VIN and in service dates) proving this does in fact have warranty in Canada. I used to work many, many years ago for a Nissan and Ford dealership in the service department and I can assure you that US market vehicles has warranty in Canada and vice versa.
    10-25-19 01:23 PM
    Aside from the OP's issue...cars purchased from the U.S. (VIN and in service dates) proving this does in fact have warranty in Canada. I used to work many, many years ago for a Nissan and Ford dealership in the service department and I can assure you that US market vehicles has warranty in Canada and vice versa.
    https://www.apa.ca/CanadianWarrantyi...ghtintheUS.asp
    10-25-19 01:34 PM
    Ok...imported U.S. vehicles bought from Canadians but for U.S. Customers... who drive into Canada and needing warranty work because their vehicle broke down while in Canada is what I was referring to.
    10-25-19 01:43 PM
    I have imported Sony products that were only officially sold in Japan, and I absolutely knew that there was no warranty for those products for me in the US. That IS the norm for any out-of-market product.

The problem here is that the 3rd Party seller on Amazon did not make it clear that this was a phone intended for sale in a different territory and thus did not qualify for a factory warranty. Not BBMo's fault - it's entirely on the reseller.
    10-25-19 01:56 PM
    You’re not really being serious are you?
    10-25-19 07:28 PM
    yes. I am being serious. I am told here that because the Amazon store sold me something who's PRD code is not the USA's, and as mobile has acted, I cannot get service. and although there is a car example here, I will bet any amount of money that if you drove your Honda from Canada into a Honda certified dealer anywhere, they would work with you. Guess not here. and besides, it's from May 2019. why offer any support? it's like all thing about money and time. Whom really cares about a few customers. But honestly as a BlackBerry user from the way back days in the 2000s to today, I'm should be used to short shrift.
    10-25-19 07:39 PM
    yes. I am being serious. I am told here that because the Amazon store sold me something who's PRD code is not the USA's, and as mobile has acted, I cannot get service. and although there is a car example here, I will bet any amount of money that if you drove your Honda from Canada into a Honda certified dealer anywhere, they would work with you. Guess not here. and besides, it's from May 2019. why offer any support? it's like all thing about money and time. Whom really cares about a few customers. But honestly as a BlackBerry user from the way back days in the 2000s to today, I'm should be used to short shrift.
    Amazon was just the store front - some other seller fulfilled it, and apparently didn't disclose that the device was imported. I'm baffled as to why you think anyone else is responsible for that.

Great that you've dealt with BlackBerry since the 2000s, but the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a TCL device and BlackBerry Limited left the handset business in 2016.
    Last edited by conite; 10-25-19 at 09:08 PM.
    10-25-19 07:57 PM
    You’ve been on CrackBerry almost 10 years. BlackBerry Mobile and not BlackBerry made some of the KEYone hardware. There were two other BB licensees that had KEYone versions for other regions.

You bought your device from a third party reseller and not from authorized retailer. It’s technically a used device in the eyes of an OEM and not purchased for the intended market. You’ve definitely got a right to be angry, with the actual third party seller of the device. So instead of blaming an entity that had nothing to do with your careless purchase, why don’t you file a claim? Why does BB or a BB licensee owe you anything? It’s not as if either benefited from your purchase.
    10-25-19 08:09 PM
    You're absolutely right. They owe me nothing. I mean it's theirs. Just not theirs.
    10-25-19 08:41 PM
    You're absolutely right. They owe me nothing. I mean it's theirs. Just not theirs.
    The same holds true when you buy on Amazon for any OEM so now you know. Good luck with your claim.
    10-25-19 09:51 PM
    That's a shame. No worse feeling than buying a new product and finding it fails way too early with normal usage, and with no real chance of warranty coverage - this generally happens with no-name small appliances that fail just outside of warranty. Been there often enough and its not fun to feel ripped off. On the other hand no one should expect warranty if they did something wreckless with the device. And never does anyone honour a warranty for an out of region purchased device. The seller should have been forthright in their listing about warranty information (isn't that a consumer protection law in the US?).
    I agree this really has nothing to do with BlackBerry itself, as the warranty issue is the licensees to handle and warranties definitely are region specific to the market the device was originally intended to be sold.

Don't you think you can go to Amazon about this and or get some kind of satisfaction with the original seller..who could possibly get warranty service where they originally picked it up from. I imagine they would offer you a partial refund if you shipped it back, guessing that you did get some good use out of it between purchasing and when you first had a problem. Not sure how much they might offer. What's wrong with it? Maybe you can just go to a 3rd party repair shop and have them take a look. You might be out of pocket some amount but the hassle might be less than with Amazon (or maybe not).
    10-26-19 03:22 AM
    oh I am trying that. I can vent right? but there is a bigger issue here maybe. Maybe it's quality, maybe it's a lack of clarity from a seller. I just am frustrated. this is my third keyone; from a screen lift to busted earpiece. now the fingerprint reader. there comes a point of frustration. I lucked out with my passport, that only now, (how many years later?) the screen is slightly lifting. do I jump to another brand? maybe. tired of waiting for some slightly better stuff. So consider this now..venting since I have, reached out to customer service channels the same day BlackBerry said no deal.
    10-26-19 08:30 AM
    oh I am trying that. I can vent right? but there is a bigger issue here maybe. Maybe it's quality, maybe it's a lack of clarity from a seller. I just am frustrated. this is my third keyone; from a screen lift to busted earpiece. now the fingerprint reader. there comes a point of frustration. I lucked out with my passport, that only now, (how many years later?) the screen is slightly lifting. do I jump to another brand? maybe. tired of waiting for some slightly better stuff. So consider this now..venting since I have, reached out to customer service channels the same day BlackBerry said no deal.
    Got it. You are certainly welcome to vent here. I think folks just wanted to make sure you understood that the person or company who sold you your device should have disclosed that bit wasn't really a new, US market device with full warranty support, so that you get a refund like you should from the seller.

10-26-19 08:55 AM
28 12