Well I had another K1 for a family member, my other device is great. This had a date of June However the screen came away. So contacted BlackBerry via Twitter. Two weeks before they responded with a ticket number via email. Eventually returned device to Amazon for a refund. Re tweeted BlackBerry for response they seem to be ignoring me.
    08-13-17 03:18 PM
    Well I had another K1 for a family member, my other device is great. This had a date of June However the screen came away. So contacted BlackBerry via Twitter. Two weeks before they responded with a ticket number via email. Eventually returned device to Amazon for a refund. Re tweeted BlackBerry for response they seem to be ignoring me.
    If you returned the device to Amazon, how does BlackBerry Mobile fit into the equation?
    08-13-17 03:26 PM
    I reached out to BlackBerry for a resolution as I thought simply exchanging it with Amazon I might hit a batch issue. but BlackBerry failed to deliver in terms of reasonable response times.
    08-13-17 03:34 PM
    You sound very confused. Glad that you got a refund. It was handled by Amazon. In a good way, and yet you turn it into a complaint. Wow.
    horked likes this.
    08-13-17 05:45 PM
    I wouldn't waste time trying to tweet at a company if you have a real issue like that. BlackBerry Mobile didn't sell you the phone, Amazon did. BlackBerry Mobile might tweet you back with an "oh no! sorry to hear that" (followed by a link to amazon about how to exchange it), but they're not going to really be able to do anything more than that.
    08-13-17 09:59 PM
    I actually find many companies respond to twitter better than emails, facebook, web forms or phone calls. Obviously not anything BB lately (since delays in keyone), but I now use twitter as my goto for getting results from companies. Something about public space they can't control maybe? Maybe people who do social media work for a living respond quicker and with more accuracy for their clients or employer? Now my friends and family do it. It's not a sure thing, however my experience has been that twitter is by far the best way to get a company to respond (sometimes within minutes). Some companies have a different twitter account for each country they distribute into, so getting the right one helps. Unfortunately this doesn't help us with BB or BBMobile as they are hard to interact with currently.

As for amazon, if amazon fulfilled it, they've been awesome of late for returns and many legitimate sellers will do just about anything to keep you from posting negative reviews.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    08-13-17 10:20 PM
    I tweeted and emailed BlackBerry Mobile and was ignored. I had to call their hotline to get anything.
    08-13-17 10:25 PM
    I filed a chargeback - companies respond once they see the $ yanked
    krzyabn likes this.
    08-14-17 12:31 AM
    Any idea what the date code was on that KEYone?
    08-14-17 12:32 AM
    If the phone was sold and shipped by Amazon, than you are not a customer of BB Mobile. Amazon handled it perfectly so case closed.
    08-14-17 08:31 PM
    If you buy something at a store, do you complain to the store or the manufacturer when it doesn't work correctly? Usually if I buy something that is broken or defective from a store, I return it or complain at the store. I don't typically contact Samsung, Sony, Honda, Mattel, Barbie, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 08-15-17 at 06:19 AM.
    08-14-17 08:40 PM
    The responses to this thread are Absolutely appalling. The OP said that he purchased the device through Amazon yet tried to get a replacement through BlackBerry Mobile. Nothing wrong with that (as I have done the exact same twice). Because BBM was slow or didn't respond he returned the device to Amazon.

CrackBerry's threads have turned into a very ugly place. Browbeating has turned into the norm around here. For goodness sake, this forum is here to educate, help, and dialogue about a product that we All support. The same clowns show up on every single thread and spew a bunch of nonsense that's helpful to no one. I'm shocked and surprised at a few posters in this thread as I've never read you two (you Know who you are) respond in this manner.

I've been here for years and will continue to visit but I'm absolutely going post Every Single Time I see this happening. I'm requesting that we all are a little more helpful and thoughtful in our responses.

I'm admittedly the biggest BlackBerry fan in the world. CrackBerry is where I come to get my fix. If I wanted to peer into fragile pysche and inflated egos I'd install Facebook. Grow up and be More considerate of your fellow man.
    08-14-17 09:24 PM
    The responses to this thread are Absolutely appalling. The OP said that he purchased the device through Amazon yet tried to get a replacement through BlackBerry Mobile. Nothing wrong with that (as I have done the exact same twice). Because BBM was slow or didn't respond he returned the device to Amazon.

CrackBerry's threads has turned into a very ugly place. Browbeating has turned into the norm around here. For goodness sake, this forum is here to educate, help, and dialogue about a product that we All support. The same clowns show up on every single thread and spew a bunch of nonsense that's helpful to no one. I'm shocked and surprised at a few posters in this thread as I've never read you two (you Know who you are) respond in this manner.

I've been here for years and will continue to visit but I'm absolutely going post Every Single Time I see this happening. I'm requesting that we all are a little more helpful and thoughtful in our responses.

I'm admittedly the biggest BlackBerry fan in the world. CrackBerry is where I come to get my fix. If I wanted to peer into fragile pysche and inflated egos I'd install Facebook. Grow up and be More considerate of your fellow man.
    On crackberry.........really?

I will say this, Amazon did the right thing. As far as TCL not responding, if the phone was sold direct from Amazon then they are responding as BB would.
    08-14-17 09:31 PM
    On crackberry.........really?

I will say this, Amazon did the right thing. As far as TCL not responding, if the phone was sold direct from Amazon then they are responding as BB would.
    Because of the known issue with screen-lifting, contacting BBMobile to get a replacement (regardless of the purchase avenue) is the right thing to do.

In my case Amazon offered my money back. That wasn't what I wanted. I wanted a device with a reinforced screen so I contacted BBMobile directly and had a replacement within three days.
    08-14-17 09:44 PM
    I tweeted and emailed BlackBerry Mobile and was ignored. I had to call their hotline to get anything.
    I called their hotline too, which I think closed at 9pm Pacific Time. I called around 6pm, and it was already closed.

There's nothing wrong with tweeting to a company, but for something like a $549 phone, I would go straight to how I purchased it (which on BB Mobile's site takes you to a carrier or Best Buy or Amazon).

I bought mine via Amazon sold by TCL Communications, and only when I went through Amazon to return/replace did TCL email me directly to offer an exchange before a refund.
    08-14-17 10:03 PM
    Because of the known issue with screen-lifting, contacting BBMobile to get a replacement (regardless of the purchase avenue) is the right thing to do.

In my case Amazon offered my money back. That wasn't what I wanted. I wanted a device with a reinforced screen so I contacted BBMobile directly and had a replacement within three days.
    I would agree that contacting BB Mobile being the right thing to do *if* they were reliable, which doesn't seem to be the case so far. Amazon, on the other hand, does returns/exchanges around the clock, so in a case where a phone is bought from them, contacting them directly would probably be best (I did this with my red Passport too). In the case of my KEYone with a screen lift issue, by clicking return/exchange, the seller (TCL Communications) was notified and reached out to me directly via email.

I don't think anyone is being too mean on here, we're just sharing what has worked best for us, so maybe the OP can use these methods to get what they want too.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-14-17 10:09 PM
    I would agree that contacting BB Mobile being the right thing to do *if* they were reliable, which doesn't seem to be the case so far. Amazon, on the other hand, does returns/exchanges around the clock, so in a case where a phone is bought from them, contacting them directly would probably be best (I did this with my red Passport too). In the case of my KEYone with a screen lift issue, by clicking return/exchange, the seller (TCL Communications) was notified and reached out to me directly via email.

I don't think anyone is being too mean on here, we're just sharing what has worked best for us, so maybe the OP can use these methods to get what they want too.
    Hey old friend, good to see you posting again. We need more civility and reason around here.

Agreed, BBMobile isn't the most reliable nor do they always respond in a timely fashion. In the case of Amazon, their customer service is second to none. Yet, you can't be sure that you will receive a "newly reinforced screen" when purchasing from them.

As for the comments that prompted my original post, it's purely subjective because the comments weren't overt. I stand by what I posted.
    Last edited by j21jam6; 08-14-17 at 11:39 PM.
    08-14-17 10:26 PM
    You're not wrong, but you should contact them in more proper legitimate way by email or contact support. You'll be served well.
    08-14-17 10:41 PM
    Amazon is definitely the best avenue for a refund, and for exchange...

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12942492

For issues with warranty and technical support please utilize our regional hotline support services. Our call center teams will be able to help direct you to an appropriate resolution.
    While Twitter is a decent avenue, and it's disappointing you didn't receive a response rather quickly, they specified the hotline, and don't even mention Twitter as a support channel.
    john_v likes this.
    08-14-17 10:42 PM
    Hey old friend, good to see you posting again. We need more civility and reason around here.

Agreed, BBMobile isn't the most reliable nor do they always respond in a timely fashion. In the case of Amazon, their customer service is second to none. Yet, you can't be sure that you will receive a "newly reinforced screen" when purchasing from them.

As for the comments that prompted my original post, it's purely subjective because it isn't overt. I stand by what I posted.
    What can I say, the KEYone got me excited to type more 8-)

Hopefully these defects don't happen to people often, but when TCL Communications reached out to me on email after I initiated a refund/exchange through Amazon, I asked if the new device (now sent from TCL Communications, not Amazon.. Interestingly enough) would have the newly improved adhesive, and the representative wrote back that it would.

By contacting TCL through Amazon, as TCL was the seller, it allowed them to reach out to me directly. I reached out to them one day, the next day I received an email from TCL, and on the 3rd day my brand new KEYone was at my doorstep.

The screen issue (or any issue) is annoying, but contacting them via Amazon helped me get it all figured out within 72 hours. Pretty good.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-14-17 10:51 PM
    We're disheartened to read this experience, Jon. We've sent you a Private Message to gather more details on the outreach attempts you made. This is just not the kind of experience we want our KEYone customers to walk away with. We hope your PM feedback will help us continue to better the support process for everyone.

For others who may need support we've established a dedicated thread here on CrackBerry:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ctory-1113727/ with our best contact methods. Outside of contacting the retailer through which you made your purchase, these support options are the most direct way for us to offer timely support and connect with our Customer Care.
    08-14-17 11:27 PM
    What can I say, the KEYone got me excited to type more 8-)

Hopefully these defects don't happen to people often, but when TCL Communications reached out to me on email after I initiated a refund/exchange through Amazon, I asked if the new device (now sent from TCL Communications, not Amazon.. Interestingly enough) would have the newly improved adhesive, and the representative wrote back that it would.

By contacting TCL through Amazon, as TCL was the seller, it allowed them to reach out to me directly. I reached out to them one day, the next day I received an email from TCL, and on the 3rd day my brand new KEYone was at my doorstep.

The screen issue (or any issue) is annoying, but contacting them via Amazon helped me get it all figured out within 72 hours. Pretty good.
    Post like this go a long way in helping others. By detailing your experience it gives others a roadmap on what to do as well as what to expect.

I read about the return process in these forums. Even listed the telephone number. At that time I would have never found it. The information expedited my process and made it far less complicated.
    SK122387 likes this.
    08-15-17 12:09 AM
    I emailed BB Mobile support (aka Blackberry Mobile Care or Blackberry Contact Center) on July 17th and got an irrelevant answer on August 13th.
    08-15-17 05:28 AM
    We're disheartened to read this experience, Jon. We've sent you a Private Message to gather more details on the outreach attempts you made. This is just not the kind of experience we want our KEYone customers to walk away with. We hope your PM feedback will help us continue to better the support process for everyone.

For others who may need support we've established a dedicated thread here on CrackBerry:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ctory-1113727/ with our best contact methods. Outside of contacting the retailer through which you made your purchase, these support options are the most direct way for us to offer timely support and connect with our Customer Care.
    Responded to
    08-15-17 06:29 AM

CrackBerry's threads have turned into a very ugly place. Browbeating has turned into the norm around here. For goodness sake, this forum is here to educate, help, and dialogue about a product that we All support. The same clowns show up on every single thread and spew a bunch of nonsense that's helpful to no one. I'm shocked and surprised at a few posters in this thread as I've never read you two (you Know who you are) respond in this manner.

Thank-you for your support. Indeed, the contract of sale is with Amazon who would either refund or replace. Fine. But chances are I would get a device in the same batch run. So I reached out to BlackBerry for info and advice plus reassurance. If no issue with Amazon whatsoever. The reason most company's have customer support is precisely for that reason. They want to offer a good experience.
    08-15-17 07:23 AM
32 12