On speakerphone, my mic doesn't work and sometimes I can hear an echo, but it works fine with Google talk and other apps
    02-19-19 08:05 AM
    try to check if microphone wasn't disabled (not allowed) for this app. Maybe in app properties - rebuild right or in DTEK app.
    02-19-19 12:59 PM
    try to check if microphone wasn't disabled (not allowed) for this app. Maybe in app properties - rebuild right or in DTEK app.
    When I use the speakerphone the mic has a crazy echo and people can't hear me as if I'm muted. If I use Google voice or anything else the mic is perfect, only when calling.
    02-19-19 05:20 PM
    When I use the speakerphone the mic has a crazy echo and people can't hear me as if I'm muted. If I use Google voice or anything else the mic is perfect, only when calling.
    Go through dtek and check the settings for each item that has a phone or microphone permission.
    Make sure that phone and microphone are both checked, because the application checks which microphone is being used at which time.
    Where ever or not, it is the telephone microphone or the other microphones, many applications use all the microphones available so if they don't know a telephone call is being made they will override the telephone mic and you will have the problem.
    But if they can detect the telephone is in use they will not use the telephone microphone and leave that for the telephone.
    02-19-19 05:33 PM
    Go through dtek and check the settings for each item that has a phone or microphone permission.
    Make sure that phone and microphone are both checked, because the application checks which microphone is being used at which time.
    Where ever or not, it is the telephone microphone or the other microphones, many applications use all the microphones available so if they don't know a telephone call is being made they will override the telephone mic and you will have the problem.
    But if they can detect the telephone is in use they will not use the telephone microphone and leave that for the telephone.
    This is some software glitch, quite a few people have the same issue, the mic works on normal call but on speaker phone it doesn't .
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    02-19-19 06:35 PM
    This is some software glitch, quite a few people have the same issue, the mic works on normal call but on speaker phone it doesn't .
    I have to July last year beta of oreo 8.1 and no problems with the microphone here although sometimes in the phone called I do get the speaker come up as the loudspeaker rather than the ear speaker. But keep clearing out the cache files usually solve the problem.
    The 30 second power button cycle restart also helps
    02-19-19 06:47 PM
    Following; have same problem.
    Sprint Android 7.1.1 with Feb 19 security patch. It has been a No Go for speakerphone for a few months.
    02-25-19 03:46 PM
    Following; have same problem.
    Sprint Android 7.1.1 with Feb 19 security patch. It has been a No Go for speakerphone for a few months.
    I ran that self diagnostic test and that seemed to fix the problem. It has to be some sort of software glitch that mutes it
    02-25-19 05:11 PM
    I have the same problem with microphone on Silver BB, which persists on genuine microphone, camera, and loudspeaker when calling... it all worked fine on 7.1 - but after the update to 8.1 noticed after a while, that it fails to record sound when shooting video (I dont use phone for camering and video offten - so it took a while to notice)... but other apps like mentioned: Google, Shazam umm... Soundhound, other microphone using apps - seem to be recording fine, even other app of voice recording works... also noticed that sometimes video shooting shakes hand with microphone and records sound... but mostly its an ambient noise and nothing else... I've tryed to contact bb support team - but they told me to take to the authorized service... none the less I've told them that its software problem - not the hardware - the only thing there is needed to fix it the android arguing with blackberrys security i think... So I bought another BB keyone but limited edition - which has different security patch and it works fine... so IDK tryed everything what came to my mind to fix software's issue - but nothing seemed to fix the problem... and oh... btw it had security patch with working genuine record app - so I thought they fixed on the latest and... well I came back to the roots with no working mic when recording video, voice or trying to use loudspeaker when calling :/
    08-11-19 01:32 AM